Where to farm plat

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by hawk73, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Quatr Augur

Yes, improved bank management is one of the nicer things about custom UIs. The downside is that they break easily. I got burned years ago and haven't used a custom UI since. Perhaps they are more stable these days and I should try again.

That works well for low level characters who are using basic bags. Higher level characters typically have much larger bags which can not be easily swapped with 10-slotters. I guess it should work again once ALL of your bags, including all of the bank bags, are 40-slotters, but I am nowhere near that point :)
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I've had next to no issues with AYA in the last 5 years, since I've been using it. Very stable.

And you don't have to have all 40s to make it nice to be able to swap. For the record, I have >0< 40 slot containers. But I do keep a bunch of the 32 slot extraplanars in the bank, to hold all the less common TS items that you collect 1 and 2 at a time. Once all 4 bags fill up, I swap them into my inventory, and take 'em out to the neighborhood where everything gets put in houses.

And to take it one step further, it's a habit I got into many years ago (being able to swap), but the scenario I mentioned is the only one I do any more. Now that they support dumping things from one bag to another with one click, that's usually what I do.
  3. Gana Augur

I usually farm Siren's Grotto for plat around that level.
  4. Snack Augur

I'm pretty sure they got rid of accidental combines. I used to use it as a way to clean up stuff -- put all the stuff you want to delete in your deluxe sewing kit and combine. Delete 10 things with one button.
    Tatanka likes this.
  5. Taffer New Member

That's what I did in World of Warcraft. I still played normally, but I kept an alternate account with a level 1 toon at the WOW version of the Bazaar selling stuff 24/7. There was a ton of stuff you can buy cheap that people just want to unload for more than they can get from a merchant, but low enough that it will sell quickly too. So I buy and repost at a higher cost. I wasn't the richest person there by far, but there wasn't much I couldn't buy if I really wanted to when I was still playing a few years back.
  6. Finfan Augur

Bears are actually rather reasonable. The LQ and skins sell for 5 plat on barter and the HQ skins sell for 15. They also occasionally drop fine feathers and fresh meat which sell for 100 to 200 plat on Barter. Keep an eye on the Barter offers though. I frequently see people offering 1 plat for things that will sell to a vendor for much more.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

In North Ro, in the southwestern corner, right by a zone line into South Ro, there's a group of about 5 or 6 sand giants that can be single pulled, if necessary. Zone into SRo, and head towards the dark elf camp past the oasis...next to that in the corner is a group of 7 or 8 sand giants (not sure of the exact number). Sand giants drop exactly the same thing regular hill giants do in terms of plat, fine steel, defiant gear, tradeskill stuff, and vendor trash. Kill the ones in NRo, kill the ones in Sro, sell at the inn, and run back to Nro. By the time you get there, they most likely will have respawned.

- sell the fine steel, gems, and other vendor fodder
    - /barter to sell tradeskill drops; pelts, skins, and silks will ALWAYS sell
    - set up a trader to sell defiant gear (yes, people buy it ALL THE TIME)
    - get a couple of tradeskill bags in your first two inventory slots to always catch the tradeskill loot
    - invest in as many big bags as you can and upgrade them when you get a chance
    - always hit forage between kills; sell the vegetables, fruits, and berries with /barter or throw them on your trader
  8. Mokumara Elder

Buy a krono and sell it for 2-3mil plat.. profit?

lol