[ Exultant Inhabited Muhbis ]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Oquni, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Oquni Journeyman

I hope the devs see this and make an adjustment as needed...

But as a guildee from Emarr who aimed to get 'server first' in all TBL tier 1, I want to address the situation with this specific item......

IT ONLY DROPS ONE ITEM OF IT!

Given that TBL is indeed, um, for lack of better words: BALLS TO THE WALLS HARD, I was 'hoping' maybe wondering if DBG would be willing to expand this item to the same amount that was given to a [ Flawless Conflagrant Diamond(s) ].

Ring of Scale was a fun expansion. It had its hard moments (tier 2.2 and 2.3) but overall it was hard, but not that hard. This item [ Flawless Conflagrant Diamond(s) ] was dropped frequently and it made 'gearing up' easier.

This is not the case with The Burning Lands. Given that it already had a patch with the VERY FIRST LINE SAYING "Most NPCS in The Burning Lands group content (and I just now noticed it said 'group content') will inflict less melee damage." meaning that THESE MOBS DO NOT PLAY AROUND WHEN LITING YOU UP.

tl;dr - Basically what I'm saying is please reconsider the idea of making an [ Exultant Inhabited Muhbis ] a single item but as an 'alternative' (and more of that 'alternative') to the main raid gear of The Burning Lands content as we work our way to Tier 2.
  2. Riou EQResource

It makes the best gear from TBL, and you can buy it with raid currency
    Axxius and Slippry like this.
  3. Oquni Journeyman

That it does, however there should be more that drops.
  4. Pano Augur

There's normal raid gear you can get. You aren't entitled to always have the BiS.
  5. Oquni Journeyman

We raid. So this is moot.
  6. Goodn Augur

What are you going to do in 45ish days when the Anniversary raids come out and blow the ts TBL raid gear out of the water?
    Pirlo likes this.
  7. Oquni Journeyman

Continue to farm it like we do RoS, and eventually get to a point where most gear rots and spells are the only thing needed. Normally at that point in time we :faceroll: older expansions for ACHs accordingly.

I still need my Nathsar Diamond one day.
  8. Brohg Augur

I feel personally insulted by this incredibly baseless complaint. Burning Lands raids are not too hard. They are, in fact, not hard.

I lead raids for the second-running guild on Erollisi Marr - the OP's speculative "competition" for being the 20th place guild in EverQuest; we've very nearly beaten both the tier 1 raids he has … with our six groups. Three groups short, packed with retirees & cancer patients and folks falling asleep half way through because of our late hours, and nearly cracked through. PoSmoke is somewhat a different story, we're not close there; those who have been will know the baseline number of hit-takers needed.

Anyhow, no you have not earned shovelsfull of the very best items available in EverQuest for being the worst guild to pop through 2/3rds of the expansion's entry raids months late.
  9. Hickers Elder

At least they are a guaranteed drop, and as pointed out, buyable with currency. If someone’s OCD compels them to aim for 16 Exultant Muhbis (20 slots, minus the 4 chase items), more power to them.

Diminished Muhbis on the other hand...

Maybe it’s just bad luck, but these things seem way too rare to me. Didn’t see a single one drop in January, and I ran a decent amount of missions/trials, as well as killing named during that time. I’ve heard theories that the drop rate has fell off since the last patch, but that may just be the tinfoil hat brigade.
  10. Oquni Journeyman

I appreciate the thought. Then that makes us the very first who rolled through TBL - Silent Resurgence.
  11. Oquni Journeyman

I think just in general the 'muhbis' item needs to drop more for the risk vs reward. Given that Stratos was not really "player friendly" when we first joined in the day the expansion drop, I do believe that the increased drops of it or a 'guaranteed' drop in a trial would be worth the headache instead of it being a random 'chase item' drop.
  12. Oquni Journeyman

I'm sorry I'm fighting tooth and nail for this item but in reality it needs to drop more and the devs need to see this. Calling a spade a spade, this generally sucks for the headache we go through. Stratos and General Reparm - a straight forward A to B fight. The Rise of Smoke, can make people pull their hair out.

No, it won't fix the mechanics of it, but living longer is always a plus. And less complaining from the peanut crowd.
  13. svann Augur

Use your glyphs!
  14. Monkman Augur

Quit complaining, 1 per raid is fine.

Beat more raids = more Muhbis per week
    feeltheburn likes this.
  15. Oquni Journeyman

Sigh, I know this. And I hate it so much.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

1. In Ring of Scale you needed 2 diamonds to make gear that wasn't as good as the Raid drops.
    2. In this expansion, Exultant Inhabited Muhbis results in an item that is BETTER than raid drops (As posters above have said) and you only need one per item.
    So in short.

No.
  17. svann Augur

Id say we are lucky that they are buyable so early in the expac (first kill T2). Id have expected them to not show up until vanquisher of burning lands was complete. After they show up it doesnt make sense to spend coin on anything but muhbis.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  18. Oquni Journeyman

It's fine. But incredibly stupid that your 'muhbis' e.g. genie lamp in a bottle makes better gear then what is dropped but if that's the case why even drop gear that is subpar in raid?

But there's no point in arguing on something that is and will not be changed. However mind boggling it is and how teeth kicking in this expansion is.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Oquni Journeyman

You can close this topic. There's no need or point to continue.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

More kicks in the teeth!
    Aurastrider and Sancus like this.