Tiger Claw/Flying Kick/Kick mods and evolving Gloves / Boots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Duder, Feb 4, 2019.

1. feeltheburn Augur

not sure anyone is against it, just no sense in sweating something so insignificant.
  2. Hickers Elder

As a monk I have tried to keep my FK mod at 100/100. At first I wasn’t a great fan of having to drop some, but I keep reminding myself of the logic/maths to try and accept it.

Say I drop to 75/100, losing 25 damage every FK. Even during a 42 second heel burn, where for arguments sake I put out 500 flying kicks (unlikely that high, but not got any parses handy). That still only works out as losing 300dps. Really not something to lose sleep over.
    Monkman, DaciksBB and feeltheburn like this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I feel late, but it IS flat damage added at the end of the calculation, at level 70 it was basically garbage and I can't imagine it has improved at 110 or whatever Live is at these days.

You can test it yourself really easily by just comparing a max hit with and without a +skilldmg aug.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The basics are: I can't have two (Or 3) mods on an item, only 1.
    And making even more items to cover single class exceptions, for what is reported as very little damage, (so small compared to actual damage that it is nearly not parsable) feels like a waste of server and client memory. Each item takes memory!

In the future, I'll try not to do items like this in visible slots since they cause a significant amount of small (IMP this one is smalle) to larger issues (I had to bloat the charm script, which isn't cool for server processing and memory).