@Dev - New Server Release dates Needed by Everyone

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Kinlin Lorekeeper

I love going back and reading Woody's comics! They always give me a good laugh and nostalgia.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  2. jack of all trades Elder

AKA: We don't know what the servers will have yet or when they'll launch, just that they're sometime around the 20th anniversary.

I must say, BRAVO! Announcing new servers with ZERO information leads us to believe that the internal team doesn't even have this information. It's almost like someone announcing "We have two new cars coming out sometime around March this year, but we can't tell you what model or brand they are, or the exact day they become available."
  3. Ceffener Augur

So every pretty much every 2020 model car that is still just listed as “Sometime Spring/Summer/Fall 2019”?

Two servers, released around 20th anniversary. That’s even less vague than 2020 Ford bronco, sometime after the 2020 trucks.
  4. jack of all trades Elder

Except with cars, you tend to find out the specs well in advance of the actual availability date. Look at a list of the planned to be released cars, and most all of them have "Sometime in 2019", "Late 2019", "2020" or a combination. However, they also have specs for those designs already.
    Fleaa likes this.
  5. taliefer Augur

im genuinely curious as to what types of jobs so many people have that they need to give a month and a half notice to take a day off, but a months notice is too short. i work in a huge, gigantic corporation with all the stereotypical bureaucratic "office space" nonsense and that idea is just foreign to me.

not doubting the people that say it, but so many people have that i wonder if there some correlation between eq players and those types of jobs
  6. Draconum Elder

The short answer?

Think the majority of these folks are just being overly dramatic to try to elicit a response.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  7. Aegir Augur

Announce server release dates now. Announce Casual Server Ruleset as soon as possible.

Announce Hardcore Server Ruleset 10mins prior to launch. :cool:
    Boze, practicalnurse and Valanie like this.
  8. Ceffener Augur

I know several people in medical fields that their hospitals do schedules 1-2 months in advance. Not that it’s impossible the switch shifts around after being scheduled, you just can’t officially request after that point.
  9. Zapsos Augur

Surely that should be the other way around, anyone who'd take time off work to play are too hardcore for the Casual server anyway :rolleyes:
  10. Brunlin Augur

What I got out of this thread, is that some people hate ramen noodles, and some people love ramen noodles.
    Seriously though, it is good to know more about the rule-set and release date for both servers,but it sounds like they are going to let us know about a month or so out from release. That gives me plenty of time to get my premade up, join a guild, do the paper work to turn in some vacation days, and stock up on me some RAMEN NOODLES!!! FTW!! (I like mine with scramble eggs, fried and minced breakfast sausage, sriracha seasoning, whisked in with Terayaki flavored or beef flavored Ramen noodles)
    Risiko and Draconum like this.
  11. RandomStrategy Augur

(Roxxlyy, sorry if you don't want this, but I may or may not tag you in more sad kitten photos)

Sad kittens are not overly dramatic:

[IMG]

Okay.....maybe a little.
    Brunlin, Draconum and Roxxlyy like this.
  12. Kinlin Lorekeeper

Damn, my mouth literally just watered reading that.
    Brunlin and Draconum like this.
  13. Hawer Lorekeeper

I work in a decent sized corporation, but the local branch is semi small. Our policy is 1 month notice for days off to allow for backups to make their schedules with the additional workload in mind. I cant really just request the days either and then cancel without it negatively affecting others. So while I don't need a 6 weeks notice, I would need the month + however long it takes to communicate with a few EQ friends to see what days we could all get off to start together. We couldn't make it work for Coirnav on such short notice (that was a different situation though with the announcement coming out of nowhere. At least we have a rough timeframe now, but longer the delay the more likely some people will be unable to make launch day).

Also, I have 2 EQ friends that are self-employed and I know they are scheduled out 3+ months at times (1 in medicine and 1 in construction), granted the difference between 6 and 4 weeks wont make a huge impact for them, but again the more time the better.
  14. AgentofChange Augur

I've never played a game that didn't give a decent amount of time for large announcements. Idk, does DBG not believe in advertising? Probably not, I suppose nobody really plays EQ, so maybe it doesn't matter.

But DBG consistently does this so I guess this is just the way they do business. Very strange.
  15. Silinius Augur

It's possible that they are still trying to hash out some of the details and those details may influence the release date - hence they would rather respond with, "More details in the next couple weeks" to set expectations vs. remaining 100% silent. Just my 2 copper.
  16. ShivanAngel Augur

I play lots of games that give major announcements about upcoming things well in advance and dont disclose the details until very soon before launch... sometimes a couple of weeks.... Some games wont divulge the full details until the day of release.
  17. AgentofChange Augur

18. Ceffener Augur

All I know is Kingdom Hearts III was supposed to have come out 5 years ago and my request for unlimited days off for the last 5 years was denied.
    Brunlin likes this.
  19. Risiko Augur

Time to level the dragon!

[IMG]
  20. Kywen Augur

There are plenty of jobs where people don't have recreational time or access to computers for days at a time. When I go to work it's usually 40 to 60 hours before I get home, with slim chance of being able to log onto EQ during that time. I'm sure some people are away from computers/internet for much more than my max 60 hours.