Spam Bar issues (Ranger)

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kolani, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Kolani Augur

I've been going over my logs from raids, and I'm noticing a consistent problem with getting a persistent "You are already casting a spell" message after running my spam key for a few minutes, even though I'm obviously not. Just pulling my logs from raids this week, I have something like 3000 individual messages over the course of three events in a two hour timeframe.

When the message starts showing up, I can *manually* click spells and disciplines and they work as expected, but otherwise I either have to zone or use a FD potion to clear it up. After doing either of those, it clears up for a while, but eventually comes back. I've simplified my spam bar to an absolute minimum in an attempt to figure it out, but I'm honestly stumped right now. My spam bar contains: Forseen Shots, Focused Arrowgale, Dissident Fusillade, Heartcleave, Jolting Wheel Kicks, Focused Squall of Blades and Summer's Tempest, in that order.

I'm to the point now where I'm considering keybinding them individually to the numpad and chasing the cooldowns manually, which is probably what I'm going to try this week and see if it clears it up. Does anyone have any insights?
  2. Belkar_OotS Augur

Remove heartcleave from the line up. If I am not mistaken that spell only works on a newly agroed targets (initial shots).

I may be wrong since I haven't played my ranger much lately but that is most likely the culprit.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

All the junk I have currently tied to my spam key:

Foreseen, Dissident, Focus Arrowgale, Summers, Spam Hot button (Focused Gale, Jolting Wheel, Elemental Arrows). No issue with it firing the spell, disc during cooldown, spell, etc. It maybe your Heartcleave.
  4. Kolani Augur

Silent Shot is the OOC-only one, but I'll try taking Heartcleave out to see if that's the culprit. I was initially thinking server lag was the culprit, but that doesn't explain away the manual clicking or FD clearing it up.
  5. Brohg Augur

also Heartcleave is just a pretty niche spell, just for use when mobs are fire/cold immune, and quite poor otherwise? despite using an arrow to cast, it isn't an archery hit. It's regular spell damage, and hitting the "physical" resist so it's not boosted by any worn focus.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Heart Cleave received a better than normal upgrade at 110. It's a weird, but neat spell. It's an arrow nuke that a spell nuke. It triggers sympathetics and it's cheap, mana cost wise. With the mana issues Rangers have in TBL, the spell has become pretty relevant for keeping your cast counts high.
    Brohg likes this.
  7. Moldar Augur

Or...

Cast a 1 Summer's Tempest and get 2 spells more or less for the price of 1 and half spells. It's a bargain :D!
  8. Moldar Augur

Do you have any click items in your line up? Epic 2.0, Necromantic Dragonbone Rod, Bottled Essence of Vex, etc? If you do that could be the cause, I noticed that a while back 2 expansions ago where a bad lag spike and game thought my character was casting spells

I recommend not spamming little clicks like that if your spamming a button just because as the instability I have noticed on the servers has gotten worse that tends to be the culprit more or less.

I also have my spam bar set up to 2 different hotbars, on 1 hotbar in 1 slot I have a social macro with Squall, Jolting kicks, kick, and /stand, and a 2nd hotbar I have Foreseen, Focused, Dicho, and Summer's. all of those are bound to the same button.

May give that a shot and see if it fixes the issue, I have no problems with that set up at all, whereas trying to put everything on 1 bar before it was giving me issues not just on my Ranger, but on a Shaman, Beastlord, and Mage alt as well.

Hopefully this helps.