Solo Task - Palace of Embers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Waldagar, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Waldagar Augur

Stuck on the second step of this mission: Find someone that you can force to give you access to the palace. 0/1 (Aalishai: Palace of Embers) Kill the mobs that are the same kind in Aalishai, such as water, fire, air or earth mobs, a Named NPC "All Consuming Sound" will spawn after, go through its text and kill it. At 10% it will de-aggro, say 'entry'

Two straight days of killing in Aalishai and no named. Originally, only one person in the group needed the task. We read that everyone in the group needs the task, so everyone got the task and now the entire group is stuck on this step. Tried with different people in zone, no change. Tried with only one or 2 people in the group (and zone), and no named. We have not failed this step because we haven't spawned the named. "All Consuming Sound" never showed on track in the zone. It showed up previously when doing the task several weeks ago.

We tried water mobs, fire mobs, and earth mobs and completed all the collections for all the mercenary tasks in the zone for everyone in the group. Are we missing something?
  2. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Try the center area in the far south of the zone. Has a bunch of little pools of water around. Done this quest several times and this is the place to go. Shouldn't take an hour to get him to spawn.

Hope this helps.
  3. Goodn Augur

There are 4 different mobs that may spawn...each one is based upon which mobs you are killing.

From a comment in the EQ Resource page for this quest:
    All Consuming Sound = Water, Descending Light's Laughter = Earth, Warrior's Flowing Mind = Fire, and I don't know air

Possible you were just missing the other names (not sure if you have a tracker)?

Honestly, when I did it, Descending was already up and went through text and dealt with him. So I don't have a sense of how long it takes to spawn.
  4. S33k3r Augur

I just finished helping a friend with this task. We camped on the south wall by all the pools and we just pulled water mobs (mainly A Surging Tide).

All Consuming Sound popped after 13 Surging Tides, 4 triloun campions & 4 swell armors (sloppy pulling)
  5. Waldagar Augur

"Warrior's Flowing Mind = Fire" was up on track the entire time. He is not a red con mob like all consuming sound. We were waiting for a red con to pop....doh!
  6. Gundolin Augur

We also spawned him fairly quickly in the far south central area around the pools. We only killed suits of armor. But I think total time to spawn was under 30 minute.
  7. svann Augur

IIRC it can bug out if anyone in the group has a quest item from a previous run of the quest
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

This particular task is buggy as hell. It took me 3 tries on my toons to finally get it.

Like someone else said, if you have to grab the task again, make sure you destroy the items from the previous try.

On our first try (also had a guildmate trying to do it), we had some outside dps on the second guy to melee it down to 10%. Part of that outside dps included a pet, so when we said the phrase to unlock him and kill him, the pet got the kill and the task bugged out.

I believe on our second try, the tank died just as we got him to 10%. While rezzing the tank and rebuffing, it despawned...and the task bugged out.

In fact, most of the progression tasks tend to bug out and can't be finished. One of the tasks, Enter Mearatas, is listed as unlimited. I started it on my guys, but then had to log before I finished. The next time I logged on, the task was there on the correct step. Some guildmates and I decided to do a couple of the PoF missions before going back and finishing the task. At some point doing those missions, the progression task bugged out and could not be finished...the step I was on disappeared and I couldn't complete it. I had to get it again and get the drops again.

I think all of these missions/tasks need to seriously be de-bugged. It's almost as if they're still in beta.