Actual Hardcore/Casual rulesets that you'll be getting

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyvy, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Iyvy Augur

Hardcore
    AoCs
    Half raid lockout
    Short expansions (1 month each)
    FV loot
    Possible boss/raid tuning

Casual
    AoCs
    Regular raid lockout
    Truebox
    3 month expansions
    Increased named spawn rate and/or reduced pick spawn requirements

This is what they will go with. They want both to be viable, they wanna cater to both crowds and they don't want hardcores Going to the casual server and hardcoring it up tooo hard.

The increased spawns and picks will make loot plentiful and the long expansions will allow players time to complete the content without having to play too much

The short expansions of the hardcore server will insure that only hardcore players can keep up, but will also actually make the hardcore players play since they would relish the chance to semi race through all the expansions.

FV loots are an innately hardcore thing. Casuals do not want to spend 30 krono on a piece of raid gear, and are not likely to. They might spend 2 krono on a fungi, but any raid gear that is valuable and no drop is too expensive for the vast majority of casuals. FV loot is a system for the hardcores/raid leaders/RMTs

Fast raid lockouts will allow guilds to aggressively farm content since expansions will be short.

Boom, two distinct servers that are easy to make and will vaguely satisfy both sides..
    Trevalon and SiegeT like this.
  2. Kahna Augur

Casuals might not want to buy loot (they will, but that is another argument), but I am sure they would appreciate being able to hand down their old raid loot to their alts, or friends, or selling it when they get an upgrade, or just giving it away to some newbie and making there day. Free trade loot isn't a hardcore/casual thing, both groups benefit from it.
    ForumBoss, Jontrann and snailish like this.
  3. Lankie Augur

Your casual server is identical to Phinny which is the most hardcore server ever released. Good job.
  4. snailish Augur

I don't think they go vague. I think they go harder into niche. Next year will be the mass-appeal compromise server.

If you are going to sell it as "ultra casual" it has to have a bit of a gag factor to actual hardcore players.

That would be long unlocks. 3 months is not long... post TSS there is content that arguably needs 4 month unlocks to be done fully in era by the more dedicated types. Super casual should be 6 if not 8-10 month unlocks.

That will make a bunch of people go "no way I want to play on that". You probably aren't a true casual then --with very limited intermittent playtime.

Both servers should have very fast XP in my view, and the hardcore server should launch a few days prior to the casual.
  5. Elite_raider Augur

Wrong, the Ultra Casual server is not a server that people pretending to be hardcore doesn't want to play on.

It is a server that Ultra Casual want to play on. The Ultra Casual server has NOTHING to do with were Hard core players want to play.

The Hard core server however, needs to be what non wannabee hardcore players want to play on.
  6. Sethiroth Augur

Basically what you’re saying is: you want to play on the hard core server and you hope it has FV loot rules.

Even though your reason for believing FV loot rules are more suited to a hardcore server is convoluted at best. The ability to buy raid loot cast offs is a casual players wet dream.
  7. DeseanJackson Augur

Except free trade is not that at all. Casual players mostly just want access to content without the other aspects of the grind, not over priced hand downs.

I love that people post like they know what these servers will be. Where has it said once these aren’t short run event TLPs (which would be easier to tune hardcore/casual)?
  8. Sethiroth Augur

I consider myself a casual player, and the prospect of being able to gain some raid loot without having to raid is a very attractive prospect.
    ForumBoss and andross77 like this.
  9. DeseanJackson Augur

Pay to win should never exist. I get that loot rights are a thing, but that’s a step removed and more difficult/time consuming.
  10. Sethiroth Augur

I’m just pointing this out in reply to the OPs assertion that FV loot rules are more hardcore than casual. My point being that I disagree with this in that I believe such loot rules are equally beneficial (and detrimental as your comment suggests) to both hardcore and casual players alike.
  11. Gremin Augur

Round and round we go...its the same arguments over and over. Everyone's definition of what is casual and what is hardcore is going to differ just like what is considered classic and what is not considered classic.
  12. snailish Augur

I agree if the hardcore server is going to have that title/sell it should actually be hardcore. To me that suggests challenging content and a reason to compete. How they accomplish that will be interesting to see.

If you don't see how even a very small group of hardcore players could ruin/skew (depending on the actual ruleset and the tolerance of the community) an ultra casual ruleset then you haven't paid attention to past progression.

One real example: harder-core population carried the first vote on Vulak (most casuals weren't leveled up enough to get a vote) and Vulak shed huge population shortly after that vote as it opened Kunark earlier than the slow dabbling casual playerbase was ready for.

One imaginary example: If they decide that completing content = two week turnaround (usually referred to as racing) for the next expac on the ultracasual server then one guild will dictate a fast pace to everyone else. It won't matter if you rain 10X rare loots with mad XP and free trade loot... the server would move way to fast for casual (ultra casual) crowd to be able to engage in it.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Right, that's why there were 20+ casual guilds playing there, and only two hardcore guilds. :confused:
  14. Spayce Augur

LOL, it’s hilarious that someone actually thinks FV loot rules are hard core. Being able to acquire raid loot without raiding is the exact definition of casual.

Things that are actually hard core:

No AoC/picks - make all the hardcore heroes race for every kill, see who is really the best.
    Coirnav XP rate or slower - make the hardcore no lifers earn their levels by killing 1000 goblins rather than 500.
    Less than 3 month lockouts - make the awesome players kill raid targets without BiS gear in all slots.
    Respawn naked on death - make these talented players loot their corpses like the good old days.

Any other suggestions are made by folks who claim to be hard core, but are only hard core in their own minds. Or folks who confuse krono farming with being hard core. On a hard core server every good piece of loot should be so valuable it would never be sold...if you can afford to sell a good item, the ruleset is too easy.

All these claims about how folks loved the good old days...prove it.

All these claims about how awesome your guild is...prove it.

Otherwise, shut up about the brag posts detailing how many times you killed trivial content.
  15. a_librarian Augur

Good post, except I think the ultra casual sever should have 4-6 month unlocks to be appropriately ultracasual

I agree FV loot makes sense on the hardcore ruleset. It would allow guilds to bank tons of rot gear to gear up alts or recruits instantly, otherwise the one month cycle would just be brutal
  16. Elite_raider Augur

I get the feeling that allot of people are trying to "suggest" things for the server they don't think they want to play on that are "bad" for that server so that everyone will be "forced" to play on the server they want to play on.....

up the other server so that you have enough people to stand on top of/feed your ego?.......
  17. a_librarian Augur

people suggesting things you don't like isn't a conspiracy. Might want to take a step back if that's what you think is happening
    snailish and TheRedBandit like this.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I just started laughing when someone thought FV loot was hardcore... hahaha
    Thalliius likes this.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Would not suprise me at all if hardcore server is all no drop, and casual is FV.

Of course, that means the hardcore server would be dead as well.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Won't surprise me when all the "so called" hardcore players show up on the ultra casual server.
    Perhaps a nice title called "I'm a casual" or perhaps "I can only compete when the competition doesn't care" for someone that joined the hardcore server and made a guy on the ultra casual server.
    Thalliius likes this.