Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

biggest QOL would be another company taking over and firing the entire staff and bringing in new people
    Moege likes this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Simpler to just get rid of you
    Anglesy likes this.
  3. Raccoo Augur

Options for groups to leave raid intact, instead of having to reform. Raid leader able to invite another raid leader and get their groups in raid.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

Unfortunately I don't think any of this will have the outcomes you are looking for. Server mergers are not going to magically make more groups. Being social, finding a guild that suites your needs, and playing a class that is needed goes a long ways. Bringing more people together and failing to do these things will have the same net results except you will now have more competition for camps and resources leading to more grief regarding your first complaint about perma camps.

The last server merger was a disaster at best. Several accounts had toons vanish for starters and that's not something I don want to risk. There is the whole naming issue as well.

As far as only being able to engage old world named within a certain level range this also wont work due to how some of the newer items evolution and progression works. For example to obtain the artisan's prize someone has to do all of POP progression. If they made those raid targets unattackable by higher level characters anyone who has not complete POP progression would not be able to obtain the artisan's prize.

I understand your concerns but there are other ways to go about this. If someone is just afk on a named you can report them. If you cant find a group try harder or consider a server transfer yourself. There is an entire guild recruitment section here on the forums and I know of at least one guild on here that claims to be casual/new player friendly. Before anyone asks to merge servers they should at least move servers themselves imo.
  5. Gana Augur

Not knowing their parents (were they wizards?). Franklin could just be a squib.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

1. Yep, would make sense
    2. Nope, I like the map system just the way it is, very easy to add your own comments and markers.
    3. Some tradeskill items are harder to make than others, thats just the way it is, the tradeskill items from the older expansions are a lot harder to farm than newer expansion. But being that old I wouldn't worry about a revamp.

4. We now have off line trading which is nice, but it would be even nicer if you could still play a different char on the account.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

the DEFAULT option is Crescent Reach. That entry is a drop-down menu where you can select your starting city if you are not a drakkin. I.E. this is already an option in game (choosing your starting city) (without any warnings)
    Tatanka likes this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Ain't going threw all dee pages.. so if this been talked bout before so be it..

I like for quality of life .. for there to be a way for the player base to be able to view all current outstanding /bug reports .. Not just the ones we ourselves have /bugged.. but like an entire list of all current in expansion bugs.. so that it may be able to help us identify if said bug has been fixed.. Or is to be fixed ..
  9. Brohg Augur

This option is only available to subscribers. That's 100% A-okay fine with me, but the caveat is important to a significant subsection of complainers.

A character's start city can be set after-the-fact with Race Change Scroll from /marketplace
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Invisable walls in Aalashai would have been better had they been where the walls go up, not where you think there is a ledge you can stand on, but cannot get to, just get rid of the ledge that looks to be there or move the wall to where the zone wall goes straightup. (pretty much all of the edge of the zone, I noticed at the water area)
  11. Anglesy Elder

A confirmation box that pops up when you click the "Set UI to default" checkbox at character select would be nice.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. ojier Lorekeeper

WIZARD WARRIOR - new class for 20th year celebrations!
  13. Brohg Augur

so, ranger?
    svann likes this.
  14. Risiko Augur

I always thought of the ranger as being a warrior/druid hybrid.

Personally, I'd be interested in a warrior/necromancer hybrid.
  15. svann Augur

lol ok I'll say it.
    Like SK?
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Risiko Augur

SK does not dual wield.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I want a warrior / cleric / druid / wizard / mage / shaman / paladin / necro / enchanter / bard / beastlord / berserker / monk / ranger / rogue / SK / hybrid!
  18. Tolzol Augur

Lol I’d quit playing
  19. kizant Augur

So, basically the tanking and DPS of a warrior with the invis of a wizard? We know what you're trying to do and it's not going to work.
  20. svann Augur

That would be Boxer.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.