Hardcore should have the same exp and faster expansion unlocks.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyvy, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Iyvy Augur

Make both servers the same experience. Then make Hardcore very short unlocks (or else unlocked by completion, or 2 weeks after completion). While making the casual server 3 months of each in classic.

Done.

Hardcore players will not want to play on 3 month unlocks, they will wanna rush through,

Casual players will not want to play on the Hardcore server. The rapid unlocks will make it hard to keep up.

The servers will both be viable and both have the actual vibe they're supposed to.

People won't feel forced to play one or the other.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

I mean if that's all they are going to change they can keep it.
  3. Mr Nobody Elder

I like the idea of the same rate of XP on both servers so long as it is fast XP. It has been said on these forums many times that hardcore players don't want slow xp. Casuals don't want slow xp either. fast/fast/fast. The differentiator being unlock speed works.

A slow XP server probably will not be poplular unless it was the only one that had FV loot rules.
  4. Kedra Leafwalker Lorekeeper

I say for the hard core server bring back corpse runs.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Thanks for another new thread to which everyone can repeat the same ideas over and over. I was afraid we'd have less then 10 on the front page.
  6. Lortl Journeyman

Honestly, I agree there have been more than enough of these threads. But they are right. It took a few days but we have crowd sourced the answer to the hardcore question. Also answer to the how do you keep the hardcore players from overrunning the casual server. Fast unlocks solve that problem. Hell I would take a slow xp server with fast unlocks. Also if its fast enough it creates a level of difficulty without having to artificially make the mobs harder. Just give guilds less time to equip and they are forced to push their limits.