Stratos Collectibles

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Drakang Augur

Saw a few complaining thought I would share. So most of the islands have small ledges around the island below the main level. You can see these by looking through the bridges before you get to the island. I noticed collectibles down on a few and have started watching for them whenever running through the zone. Getting down to the ledges is painful. You have to ease along an edge and drop without moving out any at all. Once on the ledge you can get a collectible if there. Then you have to jump off and run back. Collectibles seem much more common on these little ledges than on the main surfaces.
    Toruch Fleshrot likes this.
  2. svann Augur

Sometimes you gotta click off runspeed.
  3. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Blasphemy!

can just crouch instead
  4. Addikeys Elder

And sometimes you fall to your death :eek:
  5. Tucoh Augur

As good a place as any to post locations of collections I've found. There can't be that many spawn points in Stratos.

-323, 779,205
    -1236,-131,234
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I just want to share with people who care about things like this. :p

Brohg and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  7. JacLuc Lorekeeper

If you have the flying carpet mount the drop downs aren't too bad to navigate.
  8. Morthakia Augur

This is not as hard as it seems folks. When mounted, you can still control your movement while falling. Literally mount up, jump off the ledge, and use your mouse click / arrow keys to hug the ledge you just jumped off of. Any mount will do. No need to measure run speed or do any of that nonsense. Super easy to get to any of the lower ledges in Stratos.
  9. Triconix Augur

How the heck are you moving your char?!

asdw > all
  10. Morthakia Augur

Hold down right click and ASDW. Essentially, strafing.
  11. Lubianx Augur

The issue isn't getting to the ledges, the issue is putting these where a lot of people have to take falling damage after getting them. Many of us always take falling damage in Stratos, whilst others I know don't take any (even without safe fall). Death from falling isn't an issue for me as I have around 300kHP and even my alts are just over 200k, but it's not fair to those that do die from falling damage
    Yinla likes this.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

then use a toon that does not take falling damage on that acct that is flagged. or bind out side in Tranq use a gate, or group with a mage for coth.
  13. Ranpha Augur

Perhaps the devs can take a look at "The Void" zone, which does not have falling damage, and works essentially the same as Stratos should.

Having said that, collectible placement is ridiculous in that zone, and I really hate the fact they're now also being a requirement for the best gear now. Haven't been this bored with the game in a while now -- especially like the 1 minute wait for requesting new "adventures"...
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You spelled G14, G16, G17, and G18 wrong.