Trials of Smoke - The Wending Ways - Don't Trip

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sheev, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Sheev Lorekeeper

Seems this is impossible currently.

Despite taking each pad carefully the game seems to be able to push you off or double jump you and send you to the starting point. Needs a fix DB.
    Spellfire, Powerful and Yinla like this.
  2. Powerful Elder

It isn't impossible, but due to Daybreak's horrible implementation of the bounce auras, it's certainly a pita. After 36 unsuccessful attempts, we made a single change yesterday and got it on attempt 37.

Move to Empyr, get the trial there, and zone in on that side. That will allow you to start on the west side of the trial and eliminate the bounce aura at that entrance. There are three portal landings near that one, but none near the south entrance. That should keep you from bouncing and allow you to get the achievement. At least that's what worked for us.

Good luck.
  3. Marquele Scholar

My group failed a good 20 times. Unfortunately, I was the cause of most of the fails. I kept getting sent back to the entrance even though I did not fall. Some advice. Do not have pets up - including swarm pets, pretty sure my pet "landed" before I did a bounced me off. Do not have levitate. Communicate with each other and go one at a time and have the previous person say when they have moved before you portal.
  4. Funk Augur

Did with 5 real players in group, one was 2-boxing. We were all in voice chat and did same jump order every time with each player waiting a few seconds for the previous person to land and move. We invised between each jump also. We did not have a pet class so had no trouble with pets. You'll get it.
  5. Buri Augur

Did this one last night, 6 real people, no voice chat, beat it on our first attempt. It's tedious but far from impossible.
  6. svann Augur

One thing I think helps (but does not guarantee) is instead of walking on the portals click them.
  7. Sheev Lorekeeper

Thanks for the tips folks. Got a group to try it again but we failed three times before people had to log :(
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did this still got a double bounce, so I deffinately did not move to trigger the 2nd bounce. No one was where I landed either.

Possible culprit could be levi, but not sure.
  9. barbiehugs New Member

This is so incredibly buggy. I just don't understand why this was made this way. I have tried all the suspected suggestions and still having issues. The bounce affect seems so random even when you clearly land safely. A reasonable explanation would be greatly appreciated.
  10. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Why is this still so broken? Just spent 5 hours failing this achievement. Did EVERYTHING we assume needs to be done.... Shrink, no pets, no mercs, one at a time, get out of the way so the next person can jump.

Thanks for another VERY disappointing night DBG. If you are trying to kill EQ ... ignoring calls for help and failing to test the content is how you do it.
  11. Sheev Lorekeeper

So I tried it again, boxed it this time took me just over an hour and got it without any issues following the tips above.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Poyzen Frawg Augur

New Bug: You have exceeded the number of characters allowed in the zone on a jump .. then it punts you to the zone in for 30% damage. Another waisted 3 hours.
  13. Poyzen Frawg Augur

just ran through a perfect run. No falls, no bad ports, no damage … just perfect. STILL FAILED to get the achievement.
  14. Poyzen Frawg Augur

New Problem: Now a "Jump" pad threw someone INTO a room with a MOB not ready to kill so naturally it punted him out and ANOTHER FAIL!!!!
  15. Poyzen Frawg Augur

7 hours is enough for all of us … group disbanded. I lost count of the fails. The last one was another perfect run until the last event … one random person got kicked to the Beginning after a port to the last MOBs room....with 25% damage and a FAIL.

P.S. Forgot to mention the bonus prize: Over 30 days of Lockout. Another big F... Y....
  16. Rrowzing Journeyman

This is still pretty amazingly horrible. None of the following things mitigate the issue (I find about a 25% random chance a person will get bounced.)
    • No Illusion
    • Walk Speed/Run Speed
    • Removing/having run speed buffs
    • Removing/having Levitation buffs
    • No shrink/max shrink
    • No aura
    • Clicking portal vs. stepping on portal
    • No mount/all mounted
    • No Familiars/Pets
    • No Mercs
    • Clearing portal landing area
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yeah, this achievement is astoundingly stupid. It relies on mechanics and game engine variables far outside the player's control.

Just grant the achievement to everyone and be done with it. The way this achievement was implemented is dumb, dumb, dumb.