Is it time for DGB to admit they don't care about AFK Bots?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arraden, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhay Journeyman

AB is a relative small server som most players there know of each other and chat on and off. The 4 guild who organize most players on AB have problem with this 1 players and his bot group - we report him, we make tickets - but is ignore by DBG.

and that is maybe the real issue - cheaters are in all games also EQ. But the game get ruined for normal players when rules not uphold by the game provider and players like E*** are allowed to spoil the game for rest of the player base

zhay
    Yinla and Arraden like this.
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

I had this happen to me in Frontier Mountains when EoK was current. I was at one of the "Forts" just pulling the same dozen or so mobs and characters started to parachute in one by one just in front of the static spawn gate mobs. It took a good five minutes but when the entire crew was fully loaded into the game their SK (I guess the most common/free automation script uses a SK?) started to run over tagging my pulls and his minions began their horrible, repetitive, flawed spell weaves.

I kept pulling for a while and the same thing happened over and over, at no point did "they" get any kills and neither was there any attempt at communication. Eventually, I got tired of pulling through a mass of players and pets and took the final mob a good distance away to see what would happen. Sure enough, the SK ran after me like an obedient puppy grabbing aggro now and then for a few ticks. Eventually, though I got the mob far enough away from the rest of Team Drool at which point I killed it and left the SK too far from his adoring staff gazing fondly into a hillock.

I'm sure a bowl of Cheetos got flipped over when the script owner woke up hours later and found his amazing automation efforts were for naught.
    Graves, Yinla, Tatanka and 1 other person like this.
  3. miaSafe New Member

Lol, im sure it must be you that made the video. You are trying to hide your cheat program but at 0:20 it starts to show LDR after one your characters name in the corner. You are trying to hide it with angle but you fail. I know its your cleric Werq that is grp leader in your video, thats why he has LDR after it. You might consider removing that video or face perma bann for it. This is a Big No No!
    Arraden likes this.
  4. Helloworld007 New Member

Hi Mr Monk!
  5. enclee Augur

So who pays you?
  6. Rulah New Member

Wow, what a thread!

We have different agenda. He does this for a living and I do this for fun. I have my 1 — 3hrs of gaming I don't like a moron to ruin it. I don't report players, he reported me I got a 3 days suspension for it to. And it's correct I broke the rules. I'm not going to cry I had fun (last saturday).

What the video doesn't show is that I actually pulled to that spot before he came there (he came like 40mins after we arrived). I'm not claiming any camp I just said I pulled to there before he arrived.

Before he made this video he auto mezzed all nearby mobs, so I thought it was fun to see how many mobs he could keep mezzed. I guess he got pissed at that point and turned of mez script and started to record. I have no idea why he mezzed my incoming mobs? Notice the mobs was'nt kos to either me or him!

What he doesnt want to record is that after he killed "Tsunami Sol Blood" we added up some more DPS and owned him DPS wise until he left.

But the weirdest part was when he left, he forgot his enchanter which got killed by name AE. Then after 7-10mins the enchanter was back again and got killed again. This was going on for 1hr, then he camped the enchanter he even lost one level(don't worry rez timer was up he got his lvl back).

The rest of that evening a guild GRP had fun with him moving to different zones after him and did DPS competing with him until he tired and camped. I think last zone the followed him to was ash.

Another fun thing that happen this morning(today at 4am before work), he was really AFK playing. As soon as the center name spawned I used Five Point Palm and pulled out the mob to a nearby room. He followed me with his SK after the name like a mob, but his GRP remained at corner camp. So he wasn't able to do any DPS(no line of sight).

After the name was killed he tried to move back to his grp but got stuck in a wall and kept running into the wall for 70mins. I guess that's called broken script. https://i.imgur.com/gpzYPc3.jpg

When, he came back to the keyboard he failed to get any center names. So he decided to go for another name Flowing Horizon Halo that I spawned in an other room. For not having a tracker he is surprisingly fast on knowing when a name is up. But he failed to kill that one and died I guess hes scripted was'nt tuned for that one. https://i.imgur.com/Y3LtGWO.jpg

I installed nivida experience so im rdy to make some fun videos if I get the chance. Anyway back to the thread, no I don't think DBG care much of robot grps.
  7. enclee Augur

What does LDR mean?
  8. Ceffener Augur

I’m getting confused, we started with an “AFK Bot team” that is killing named with extreme precision:

“Even though the four named have lots of HP, they're being killed rapidly. Much faster than some of the best DPS on server.”

But now it’s a bad DPS team that may or may not be afk depending on which part of the story you read, that is easily out DPSed, isn’t getting named kills, and spends hours running into walls and dying. That doesn’t sound like much of a threat at all.

Instances make the game so much better. None of this camp drama bullcrap. Most people don’t play to stand and line and wait, we have the DMV for that.
  9. code-zero Augur

It means that he's using which handily labels the group leader with LDR. Of course he has to be actually caught playing AFK since isn't necessarily grounds for a ban. However if some GM had spotted that SK stuck in a wall his group would be getting a time out for sure.

All in all it sounds like the AB folk have decided to deal with this group within the rules of the game. DPS race and legitimate game mechanics all the way
    Arraden, Tatanka and enclee like this.
  10. Khat_Nip Meow

With Windows 10 you could just use the built-in game recorder* (Game Bar), that way you don't need to install anything 3rd-party to do it.

Win+Alt+R to start recording and the same sequence again to stop. The .mp4 files get saved in your Videos folder.

*(provided your graphics system is supported by it)
    Metanis and code-zero like this.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

EQ doesn't pop up "Mob: Whatever is a named!" either...
  12. Fohpo Augur

Missed that the first time I watched it... props to him for outing himself with EM CUE
  13. Vdidar Augur

i personally would like to applaud you for owning what you did. I dont think you should have gotten suspended but i dont make the rules.
    Arraden likes this.
  14. Intenso Augur

Whoever filmed that is clearly using macroquest2 LDR
    Pirlo and Arraden like this.
  15. Arraden Augur

and thus the purpose of this thread is served with the help from community input.

AFK behaviour, Third party programme, automated script all show in videos and pictures.
  16. Ranpha Augur

...what program can I use to get the names of those trained mobs in their con color? Oh never mind.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yeah, that's another giveaway on that video LOL. Though that would be a cool feature to add to EQ heh.

Lesson to the video creator... don't post about someone using the software while videoing using the same software.
    Pirlo likes this.
  18. code-zero Augur

Unless I missed something the only one that suffered negative consequences was the monk that attempted to train that group. In fact the changing camera angles and what not were evidence that the guy was really at his keyboard while all that was going on.

Where's that guy who said that they don't do anything to you for training? He needs to see this
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You did.

We know he uses the software which must not be named. He's been chased out of camps (legally, with DPS races) by the server community. And the guy who got suspended for a few days isn't even upset about it.

I'd say it's been a pretty good outcome.
    Arraden likes this.
  20. Ceffener Augur

So we could have not had 7 pages, including claims of how amazing said afk bot is. When really a group just our DPSd him and he left.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.