What it will take for me to come back! (And others like me)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mr Nobody, Jan 28, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Thecleaner getting dirty!
  2. TheCleaner New Member

3. Xhartor Augur

I would like to see Luclin as a starting point. The expansion offers a number of low end raid targets that are largely ignored in the current TPL progression. So it would be interesting to see the raid path that guilds take gear up for Emp and VT when they have those options available.

FV loot or free trade loot is deal killer. The crowd that plays this game to make money tend be ruthless when comes to interacting with other players, and they will show up for phat day that the loot system can bring. Also who wants to deal with guildies looking to cash out on raid loot? Velious has too much of that already.
    TheRedBandit likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

The thing with guildies cashing out is... the scumbags will cash out regardless. Whether it's their decked out toon or tradeable gear, they were going to cash out.

Now, maybe there are other pro's and cons of FV loot... but scumbags RMT'ing to pay for non-elective surgeries political contributions taco bell personal reasons is a staple of EQ.
  5. Xhartor Augur

Still doesn't mean they need to make it easier for them to do it. I also haven't seen many players trying to sell loot rights on an item they just spent DKP on. Most people realize that won't fly. When the item is tradable, you just move it off to a vendor toon to sell. They may sell loot rights an item that's rotting, or a smaller group from the guild will hit up trivial raid content to sell loot rights. Being able to sell an AHR drop early in Luclin or a Quarm drop early in PoP could bring in some insane returns.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

A huge part of that is mitigated by the guild as well. Will the guild that is actually downing content like that early tolerate selling their gear? I imagine not. The best gear will still go to the best guilds, with the exception (that has always existed) of players who sell out. Players who sell out never stay in their guilds. They get booted or leave.

Now, on a FV loot server, you would have the very tough job to manage DKP in some fashion, and you definitely would need to come to terms with the new system. But, I imagine any reasonable guild would limit the amount of DKP a player can sell off, so to say. Regardless, if the best guild consistently sold off all their gear, eventually they will be overtaken. That guild that overtook them almost certainly would have a policy of selling off less of their gear. So, it's clear to see that some equilibrium will be reached, and only so much of the top-tier gear will get sold (in era).

The real winners, when you look at the numbers, are not the high end raiders who typically are consolidated into 1, 2 or maybe 3 guilds. Rather, the rest of the server, which is thousands and thousands of players who can easily barter for a lot more gear, most of it being that mid-tier or better gear.

So, while FV loot might spread out the high end loot a bit more, it will enormously spread out the middle-tier loot moreso. I think it's a fair trade. And at the very least, it's something new and interesting for a server.

It's seductive to think about how the tier 1 loot will be handled on a FV loot server, but the real meat of this scenario plays out with all the other loot.
  7. Elite_raider Augur

I find it funny how hardcore players think that Casual or Ultra Casual players do not want to see raid content...

Also, I see allot of people talking about the Casual server that is coming, it's not actually a casual server, but an Ultra Casual server. Which me and many others are hoping will mean that they will open the entire game, including raid content, to the Ultra casual guilds that field between 6 and 24 people for raiding :)
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Ultra casual server is simply having the raid tool removed in its entirety.
  9. Kahna Augur

It's not hard to root out the folks selling their gear, or to make guild rules against selling in era gear. Someone is going to notice when Player A isn't using the fancy sword they picked up on the last raid. /guildremove is a thing. It's not particularly common either, even in the eras where loot is tradable. Most people really don't care so much about plat, or krono, that they are trying to buy raid gear just to sell.

It also opens up some options. Did the less desirable loot drop this time? Instead of letting it rot, random it and let folks pick it up to sell. Or sell it and split the cash, little extra incentive for the lesser raids that can drop a nice item or two, but usually aren't worth it. There are a lot of upsides to FV loot, and very few downsides that can't be easily managed with /guildremove.
    ForumBoss and Quill like this.
  10. Mashef Augur

Hopefully FV loot rules goes to a hardcore server with no AOCs for a more traditional setup with slow exp. Keep that trash off the casual server.
  11. Mr Nobody Elder

Bumped for Zipe
  12. Mr Nobody Elder

I was kind of right. Anyway it doesn't matter. I don't care anymore. I said my piece. I lobbied hard for what I wanted. It is pretty clear it ain't coming. This is the last time I come back and do this. I am done. I started on the forum with this thread and I leave you with it. Pz out!
  13. SweetLaxTho Elder

this works.... minus the FV nonsense
  14. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

I’m like you. Although I also need long expansion unlocks do I can enjoy each era to the fullest. 3 to 6 months would be fantastic
  15. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Box mage armies are an instant killer for me. Go do that on one of the many servers that allow it. Oh those servers are dead? Course, which non boxer would want to play there?
    TheRedBandit likes this.