Djarns Amethyst Ring

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NeverPayForLag, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svann Augur

Ok you made me do this.
    Yinla, ~Mills~, Ssdar and 1 other person like this.
  2. Chanteren Elder

I have Champion of EOK and ROS, as well as TBL, RoF, TBM, CoTF and TDS.

So why is my ring stuck at 2/2 0% and won't progress further?
  3. Riou EQResource

Click the claim reward button on the item, if it doesn't show keep spam opening the item until it does
  4. Chanteren Elder

I've tried that, and no help :(
  5. feeltheburn Augur

same issue had on boots, had to re inspect numerous times, zoned once in the process and it came around.
  6. Chanteren Elder

I'll try that ! Thanks
  7. Chanteren Elder

No joy. :(
  8. Chanteren Elder

Became gold ring after inspecting about 3 dozen times when claim reward showed up as green text and I hit the button to the left of it. Whew. what a pain.
  9. Peltier Elder

More like a self inflicted wound.. If they choose to farm them and then cry about it later..
  10. Coagagin Guild house cat

How many times do these threads need too turn into statements like: "But think of the casuals...!" Raiders have become some sort of super-pyriah class unto themselves.

Sorry casuals but the comment will stand til the end of Norrath time.
  11. roth Augur

Casual does not mean “low play time”. You can be a serious player only playing for two hours a week if you make the effort to make the most out of those two hours. similarly, one can play casually for 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. One can casually raid (by, say, giving minimal effort on an open raid). Casual is not the opposite of raider.

One could have casually gotten all of the pop hunters done by now, if one had started the day that PoP got hunter achievements. The same could be said of most of the things needed for these chase items.

This stuff isn’t a kick to the head to casual players. People playing casually is either a sign that RL is in the way, or they are kicking themselves in the head.

Here’s some food for thought : one can casually grind, as long as one does not expect rapid results.
  12. Littlelegs Elder

Scumbag raider checking in; I don't have have all of the evolving items despite many runs through the mission, I don't have any of them evolved. However, I also don't believe I've been kicked in the head. But I've been wrong before
  13. Whulfgar Augur

I don't understand the thought process.

Casual's can easily get these items. Tho it would take them longer to get. The buety of it is that no matter what if it takes you an entire 6 months to evolve 1 item. Grats! Its still better then RoS raid gear by a wide margin.

So.. Why are they crying ?

Is it actually not that they can't do it, but rather .. they want it now now now .. an not have to put in the same amount of work into each item as raiders do ?

Cause, thats exactly what it seems like to me ..
    Coagagin likes this.
  14. Orbital101 Augur

We should be thankful to have the possiblity to have better then best raid gear by a wide margin available to everyone. Even at lvl 3 they are better then best group gear. Now if you are of those that need to max everything and OCD on it thats on you.
    Brohg, Astral64, Thunderkiks and 2 others like this.
  15. NeverPayForLag Augur

I see that in the same way. The items are at moment rotting in my bank, evolved for the first level. The stats are crap compared to T2/3 and doing all old stuff will be a future thought - like Artizans prize. It is a bit too much but is possible to get it if enough time is spent. Hunter in old zones are a pita because the spawn rate is a catastrophy but some who are doing the achievement progression will do it nevertheless. And if done the result is an item in Artizan Prize quality without the need to have 50+ people to beat a mob and be lucky in a roll.

I meanwhile like the new expansion after some of the nerfs. To make Railafin Mission harder was not necessary but luckily I beat that before DGB started to change things. The only part is Trial of Ash which is clearly focused on max equipment despite it should be an entry mission for T2. This is clearly still too much. And some of the missions would surely need another tuning round if an average player should beat them.

But the result of all are items which are partly outstanding. If the TS/T3 weapons would have better DPS stats than the 2 year old Ultrarare EoK weapons than this would optimize it better - but in this case the old stuff has still worth.
  16. Triconix Augur

This is rich coming from a person who essentially exploited the system to chain farm them and made a post non-verbatim saying "Don't ban us for exploiting an oversight so we can take advantage of getting all the chase items in matter of hours rather than doing it the legitimate way." :rolleyes:

Let's not also forget the fact you already have them all level 5 (and you have had them maxed for quite some time) which based on chain-farming TT is taking 200 runs to level something 4-5 which is at fastest possible close to 17 hours. Multiply by 4 and you're looking at almost 3 full days just to get them 4-5. That number goes to probably 6-7 days played to get all 4 to level 4 initially as well. And we'll just ignore all the slot 18s you managed to get which were/are pretty rare so only God knows how many hours you actually played to achieve these items (or maybe had assistance via guildies or means of other ways...which i can think of pretty shady tactics off the top of my head) So in matter of a month you probably played what, somewhere in range of 12-15 fulls days at minimum if done legitimately? That's like 10-12 hour days on EQ each and every day and it's right smack in the middle of some major holidays.
  17. Pano Augur

This is rich coming from someone who has no idea what he is talking about. While we did point out how to exploit it, we haven't done it. The mission is so easy that almost any class can solo or duo it. When your whole guild focus on getting those items, it doesn't take long for everyone in the guild to have them.

Also, we leveled his items mostly doing xp groups and not TT and type 18 are not that hard to get.
    Peltier likes this.
  18. Tolzol Augur

Don’t forget pano dps is exploits! So our xp groups are certainly exploits lol
    Pano likes this.
  19. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Dudes...... move to FV. It's the land of milk, honey, and harmony. All these problems with low playtime constraining you evaporate :D You can have any ring you want and it will whisper "thank you" when you are done /smirk
  20. Orbital101 Augur

If running the mission 4 times a day(every 6hrs or lock out time) for 3 weeks straight with an alarm clock set with 4 other players that could also run there own mission at the same time and TA in or out if any rot or double then sure they may as well ban me for life. They could have put a taskadd lock at a step if they dint want this to happen... We did not even once tried to by pass the lock out timer. At the end every one had a 6 hrs lockout. It is the exact same thing as people advertising on /general TA for rot. Im seeing this as an efficient way of farming them

I also only started doing TT half way through my lvl 4 since grouping was slowing down for everyone. We must have killed like 20-30k mobs in Stratos and 20k+ Snails in Empyr excluding every thing else we may have done. I was just been sarcastic when I publicly said I was testing the exploit and not been stupid for doing it.

I also had them maxed less then a week ago ;)
    Thunderkiks likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.