Reverse FV rules (Hardcore)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skive, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Skive New Member

I doubt it will happen because it would be allot harder then just increasing the experience to gain a level, but I would think it fun to have a no trade server. I loved the Idea of FV where all items were trade-able, but I think it would truly be hardcore If you have to camp/loot/craft every worn piece of gear or spell you need. Now THAT is hardcore.
    Yinla, HoodenShuklak and snailish like this.
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

Insert Loot Rights channel here.
    Crayon123 and snailish like this.
  3. snailish Augur

Liked for making a point that is hard to argue in respects to meeting the definition of hardcore.

Would anyone play it though?
  4. Haldi Elder

I love FV rules as well. And I would totally love this idea if they could implement it. but then that server would not really have an economy
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

I brought this up a long time ago and it does have some serious merit.

As far as hardcore, it would fit in with that. Unfortunately, if they do release a FV style server as the casual option THAT will basically trump everything else.

I simply believe that if one of the two servers is FV style and the other is not.... the FV server will be massively more popular.
  6. Quill Augur

Make it FV and regular box with no MOTM... and i'd buy that for a dollar.
  7. snailish Augur

FV rules server with FV trivial loot code enabled will be the deadest server ever. Chat channel restrictions and language things of FV are an annoyance.

Anecdotally, something about FV server makes it the laggiest one for some people on non-ideal rigs (as in, login to FV get lag in sparse zones, login any other server don't notice the same lag. This was years ago, so maybe fixed).

FV rules about roleplay flavor can work but do people want them. Do they want to enforce that (haven't on FV in ages). Is true FV single character per account part of a FV ruleset or not (was for years).

FV had/has an XP boost. That's something that works on any server.

FV, because of the original status of all of the above was given free trade loot... the idea was sharing loot vs. having a massive rot server (you had one character). A version of this was given to Quarm/Brekt... I say version because when Quarm became Brekt some minor thing in my shared bank became nodrop that had been fine on Quarm. So unclear if they stealth switched something on one item, or there are several flavors of free trade loot.

I recognize that many equate FV rules to "free trade loot". But not all do. This thread isn't about the full FV rules or some cherry-pick of part of them... it's about free trade loot. FV rules were a turn off to many back in the day. Progression attracts many players returning that haven't been around in a long time. Saying "new FV style server" doesn't sell a clear message.

One precise rule toggle. That's what the dev team calls it now (circa Quarm) and it is how it would be sold/told to the community.
  8. Skive New Member

Clarification (Equip-able gear and possibly bags no trade) Considering crafting would be in much higher demand, I think economy would still work, as people will need spell research components (As the scrolls would be no trade) and if they wanted to make backpacks with weight reduction, they will need pelts and silks to get high enough to make t the very least medicine bags, ect.
  9. Xhartor Augur

The player base on that server will drive people away. Free trade loot will draw the krono farmers and box squads like fly's to honey. New TPL's are already a heavy draw for that crowd and that loot change would encourage it. FV has other rules that stabilize the server community.
  10. Elite_raider Augur

Currently there is no trivial loot code on FV nor a limit on number of chars per account, most items do not have the no drop tag and there is no "common" language.

So when people refer to FV loot rules for the new TLP's I am pretty sure they are referring to having the no drop tag removed from all items.
  11. snailish Augur

The point was that "FV rules" looks different at several points in time and people should just be specific and say they want "free trade loot".

If the devs make a progression server with "free trade loot" they will sell it as such.

If we keep asking for a "FV rules" progression server, we might just get a circa 2002 FV ruleset server. This would be sold as a FV/roleplay server. Sure it would have free trade loot, but there are other rules that maybe aren't as wide appeal.

A related example:
    I personally don't want PVP, but I would love the one PVP server character creation rule to be allowed (deity for Vah shir being druids was one of the results of this rule tweak --pretty sure it was Sullon Zek?). It would be silly to ask for "Sullon Zek rules" if one variable is all I want of it.
  12. Elite_raider Augur

I agree, I guess FV rules has just become the "standard" way in EQ of saying that you want the no trade flag removed from all items.
    snailish likes this.
  13. Nolrog Augur

+1 for Krono sellers paradise.
  14. Elite_raider Augur

Krono is a big part of what pays the salaries of the people working on EQ.....
  15. Nolrog Augur

All this does is enables the krono farmers far more access to them then they should have.
  16. Bewts Augur

All the krono to be made on this style would be asinine...

It would ruin TS however.. WTS SSOY loot rights.
  17. Skive New Member

If you read OP I said specifically where items were trade-able part of FV. I have been and still am referring only to that aspect. I even further clarified at the end this was in regards to making items non trade-able. All other aspects are up for grabs. A subject tag is only made to give a vague quick idea of the subect at hand, and though I did not go into great detail I think it was clear my meaning.
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

19. snailish Augur

Read the OP, was the first person to like it (for reason stated in my early reply).

You were clear on referencing "free trade like FV". Others in many threads, including this one, have not been.

The on-point discussion could be summed up as: OP wants a notrade everything server. Some think this will be krono heaven and may break some things. Not much else has been said relative to that concept.