New Xpac TBL needs to have difficulty nerfed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Tutankamen Augur

This expansion is too hard. I don't know if they nerfed it already but its still too hard. I'm a MAX AA Paladin and I'm getting insta-blinked by your named in Stratos WHILE discing. That shouldn't happen. No I'm not in ROS Raid gear, and you shouldn't have to be to tank this stuff. I have friends who have quit playing until the difficulty has been tuned down. WHAT GIVES? When will you stop balancing this game for the top 1% that raids 24/7?
  2. Riou EQResource

They've nerfed it at least 2 times so far

If you're in Conflagrant gear your gear in general is too low unless you got a good group
  3. svann Augur

Bring a real healer.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^QFT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  5. Spellfire Augur

They nerfed it 2 times but it's not enough.

Either mercs need to work better of they need to adjust TBL content again.
  6. Nniki Augur

Changes so far...

Game Update Notes: January 16, 2019
    Game Update Notes: December 18, 2018
  7. Endaar Augur

Well they are working on mercs. But I agree with the earlier posters. The difference between a human cleric and a merc is enormous.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Spellfire Augur

It is. But human cleric is not always available.
  9. Alfarian Darkelf New Member

Stratos named are on par with ros overthere named now...if you cant tank them in todays groupable gear then you need to go back to previous expansions and put in some effort to get correct augs. I bet you dont even have the 35 ac aug from the ldon raid in your shield slot. Whats your ac and hp's? what heroic stat are you working on?
  10. Tutankamen Augur

Of course I have the 35 AC aug from LDoN lol. I'm wearing full EoK Raid gear in visible slots, a few TBM pieces with good augs, but mostly EoK non-vis.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

In the immortal words of Brell Serilis, "Get a real healer!"
  12. Dewey Augur

If your getting insta blinked as you put it. Then your doing it wrong. On the initial pull you should be using your really good disc until it gets debuffed. Then switch to your long tanking disc. For instance a warrior will use flash. I think you get deflection or something like that.

Also you never said what named. Some names there nuke. Therefore; no mellee mitigation disc will help you survive against that nuke. Therefore you need to figure out the right disc or get the right buff. iE geomantry, etc...

Sadly with post as vague as yours it is hard to give you the proper information on how to be successfull. If your really dying on the pull then use your good disc that blocks all attacks while the mob is getting debuffed.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Killed a couple of named in Stratos with a group geared SK, and 2 healer mercs, Pally if I recall are the weakest of the 3 tanking classes it maybe that pallys need a boost, I don't know I don't play one.

Some of the quest named could do with a reduction in spell/melee output but other than that I think they have pretty much got it sorted.
  14. Cadira Augur

It sounds like you completely skipped an expansion worth of gear. Eok raid is better than ros group, but your tbm and eok non vis desperately need replaced with ros T2, or at the very least Conflagrant. Even then it'll be a little rough but with a real healer you should be solid enough to start getting some of the new uber group gear in tbl to tank better.
  15. Allayna Augur

It will likely see more and more tuning passes, but in the meantime, use your abilities. Harmonious adds additional group healing for those names if you're using a healing merc. Make sure you've blocked things like promised heals. Stack what you can for survival, shield flash and shield of brilliance on incoming, maybe pop GoL depending on the DoT damage you're taking. Use your discs, if you are that under geared for the expansion you'll need to constantly and use them in tandem, especially relying on a merc with the brain of a pea.

I'd also suggest joining your serverwide class channel if you're looking for feedback. Best of luck to you.
    Yinla and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  16. Tutankamen Augur

The named was Cloud Iron Lance. I was using a Guardian spell... the best tanking disc imo besides deflection.
  17. Quatr Augur

Why settle for a Human when you can have a Dwarf?! :confused:
  18. Dewey Augur

Until it gets debuffed, use deflection. Then switch to guardian spell. Try that to mitigate some more damage.
  19. NeverPayForLag Augur

the named are not really the problem, the trials are the problem.

Pally can tank very well.

Always up:

- Staunch Stance
    - Revitalizing Steel
    - Harmonious Blessing

For Defensive I use

- Spurn
    - Deflection

then

- Blessed Guardian

or what is available of

- Kar'Zok Mantle
    - Guard of Rightousness
    - Armor of Mercy
    - Merciful Pentinence

The most are vulnerable also to Stun-Spells, so Pallies Stun-Lines should be working too (depending on mob).

But a support from others is sometimes desperately needed, like

- Enchanter: Mitigation Buffs for DD and DoT
    - Cleric: DI and Divine Guardian - besides Shining Fortress/Anticipated Intervention
    - Druid: Reptile Skin/Swarm of Fireflies/Growth

A real cleric makes life easier. And most Named NEED to be DPSed fast because you will have much trouble with possible adds or more DD/DoTs over more tim.

For Cloud Iron Lance:

- 133k PBAE
    - 2,5s Stun
    - Pushback

So the Enchanter Mitigation and a Cleric DI would help really. You should have HP which is able to swallow that and the damage output. 240k buffed should be enough. If parallel Celestial Heal/Retort or Group Retort from Cleric is running while he is spamming his heal then you should be more than good.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.