2 new TLPs announced for 20th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elbereth, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Boze TLP complaint factory

First result on google images for ULTRA-CASUAL. Can we also call this Dadcore?
    [IMG]
  2. jeskola pheerie

Discord was permadeath event server.

Maybe Venril Sathir and Phara Dar?
    Other good ones:
    Frostreaver
    Yelinak
    Tormax
  3. jack of all trades Elder

Hardcore:
    FV Loot Rules
    Non-Truebox
    AoC's enabled
    Expansions unlock 2 weeks once content is complete.

Ultra-Casual:
    Who cares, server won't even make it out of classic.

This seems like a complete waste of resources, considering you have 4 TLPs still going strong - Agnarr, Phinny, Ragefire, Coirnav ... Yes, I left out Lockjaw but that's because their most prominent guild just moved over to Ragefire.

Don't give me another ******* server that I have to use 2 computers to box on. I'm tired of 6 hours of LFG or having to pull a computer/laptop out of the closet in order to get anything done.
    Boze likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

And casts feeblemind lol
  5. jeskola pheerie

Here is my guess:

Both will have AOC. Non-AOC is done forever.

Hardcore
    - fast unlocks (maybe Combine/Sleeper style but without the class armor requirement)
    - no Truebox code
    - Live xp rate

Ultra-casual
    - Ragefire/Lockjaw unlock speed
    - Truebox on
    - FV XP rate

One of these will probably have FV loot, I just can't decide if DBG considers that hardcore or casual.
    snailish likes this.
  6. Moranis Augur

Hopefully ultra-casual mode is like the P1999 EZ mode server where everyone starts off with a suped-up version of their epics (Ragebringer, for instance, is 100dmg / 25dly), a charm with 50hp/50mana regen, and a "Book of Complete Healing" that casts CH in 7 seconds.

Hardcode is just going to be Phinny with corpse runs and destroyable key components.
  7. Lion of God Elder

if ultra-casual implies fast XP rates and I can multi-box, I'll certainly give it a go. It would be fun to see all the old content in-era. But these xp-rates need to be ultra-fast, I won't invest excessive time and energy in any other TLP servers.

If Hardcore implies original xp-rates and true-box. I'll avoid that as if it were the plague. They might as well name that server Digital Sadism. Let all the P99 neck-beards have it, who want a fresh start from the few guilds who currently dominate P99.

IF, on the other hand, hardcore is being used to imply all NPC's hit 25% harder, with 25% more life, and 25% more defense, etc... I'd be interested in giving it a go, so long as the XP rates are fast.

TLDR; I absolutely will not play on any server with nerfed XP rates. I want difficult NPC encounters!
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

25% more health NPCs means it takes 25% longer to kill, slowing your exp rates by 25%...
    jeskola likes this.
  9. taliefer Augur

the exp rates just need to line up with whatever unlock rate they go with on these servers. i will never understand why the servers with longer unlocks, ragefire and lockjaw, had significantly faster exp rates than phinigel and coirnav.

it will be interesting to see what DBGs ideas of hardcore and ultra casual are. My idea of hardcore would be something like 8 month unlocks with about half the exp rate of coirnav. really get close to reliving the eq timeline. im guessing thats not what we will get, nor what many people would actually want.
  10. Lion of God Elder

If you got 2%-5% XP per red mob kill, it wouldn't really matter if mobs had 25% more HP. Leveling would still progress at a fast rate.
  11. Lion of God Elder

I don't think that is the issue at all. I wouldn't draw a parallel between XP rates and the duration of time between Expac Unlocks. It simply isn't fun (for me) to spend 2-3 hours trying to go from level 40 to level 41. I don't care if the next expac isn't being unlocked for 6 - 9 months. I'm simply not going to sit there, pressing a few buttons every few minutes, in order to grind it out.

Based on the conversations I've had with players on Coirnav, I know for a fact MANY others hold this belief also. So many more people would be playing on Coirnav if the XP rates weren't so sluggish.
    Rile likes this.
  12. modsiw Augur

25% longer to kill slows xp rates by 20%.

I'll show myself out...
    Ryak, Iyacc and RandomStrategy like this.
  13. Intin Elder

There is no AoC server without truebox. It only makes sense one of these two servers would support it. From a business perspective it makes more sense for it to be the casual server that allows for multiboxing as your average multiboxer isn't going to be able to keep up with rapid unlocks and managing a boatload of toons.
  14. Tornat Augur

I just hope one of them is fast xp like the live servers at lest , Ive always hated leveling but like farming drops , raids , instance quests stuff like that . let people box to , i mean people do it on true box servers anyways why make it difficult . and what is AOC ???
  15. RandomStrategy Augur

I was elected to lead, not to read.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

My prediction is... hardcore server will be amazing for Classic and probably into Kunark.

However, it won't last long compared to others and the casual server will actually be the better long term server. Because lets face it, less than .01% of people can play EQ hardcore for much more than 1 or 2 years at most.

Gotta say, it will be hard not to log into Hardcore on launch. Casual server? well... I can always catch up super easy!
    skattabrainz likes this.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Surprised none of the pvp morons have chimed in saying Hardcore = Zek
  18. Zanarnar Augur

mmm ULTRA CASUAL eh

my guess:
    6mo unlocks after classic (3 mo for classic)
    truebox
    mercs from day 1
    AoC
    no keys for any raids/dungeons
    fast XP
    no motm

hardcore:
    corpse runs
    unlocks 1wk after xpac is beaten
    no aoc
    no truebox
    motm

I wonder if they didn't tell us to see what Ideas we throw out, so they can steal any good ones :p
  19. Jontrann Augur

Casual Server:
    Free Trade
    Boosted XP
    No Truebox
    No Motm

Hardcore:
    Slow XP
    Truebox
    No AoC
    Motm
    Corpse Runs
  20. jeskola pheerie

That is an odd definition of hardcore. I think the idea of hardcore are the top raid guilds of the server pushing through the timeline quickly. 8month unlocks sounds Ultra-casual.
    Jontrann likes this.