Crashing on one character only

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dbrane, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Dbrane Lorekeeper

I searched through the crashing threads i could find and tried the obvious fixes but nothing is working.

Here's the problem. I have 2 accounts one paid one ftp. The free account is fine. The paid account crashes to desktop only on one character which happens to be my main. This happens when zoning. Normally he can log back in to the select screen, then either crashes trying to zone into whatever zone he was in, or crashes when leaving that zone.

This doesn't happen all the time. Yesterday it happened once, all day. Today it is happening every time this character zones. And again, only on one character.

Running no 3rd party software, no fancy UIs, nothing.

Any suggestions for log files to look in for clues or anything like that?

thanks!
  2. slayerofbats Augur

That happened to me for several years, I lost countless groups because I would crash on most zone crosses.
  3. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

on that account that crashes, during log in... at the patcher, hit the little gears symbol at the bottom left.. and go to Validate Game Assets and run the validate button... let it check all your files etc? Try that.
    On a side note I have heard of some recent issues with folks using the advanced loot feature.
  4. Dbrane Lorekeeper

Thanks for the suggestion. I have done that a few times. Also, the reason i don't think it would be a corrupt file is that it only happens to one character. A corrupt file would affect all toons on the account.

I am thinking it must be something specific to the character in question, like the UI file settings, but I compared them to the settings of another toon on the same account and i don't see anything popping out.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you running a custom UI?

It could also be a corrupt character file which isn't getting fixed on file validation. If you wanted to make a copy of that charc file and stick it over on your desktop somewhere then back on the game you can delete the character file and see if it rebuilds right - if not then just put the copy one back in.

The ones you want to delete are the config and UI files for that character like charactername_servername config file and the UI_charactername_servername. Although I think the config is the one that fixes it
  6. Dbrane Lorekeeper

Nope. No custom UI, but let me delete those anyway. It seems i did this at some point but i can't remember all the things i have done to try to fix this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And try turning off the journal on him. Alt J
  8. Thash Zoner

That's happened to me on occasion. Searching eq folder for all files containing the character name, and deleting them all, has fixed it for me more than once. I don't know what file it is specifically. UI will have to be redone.
  9. svann Augur

Ill like to add that if you do resort to deleting them all (or even if you dont) once you get a good set remember to back them up.