Loot lock out and PoF raid(TBL).

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ragnar_Lodbrok, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Ragnar_Lodbrok New Member

Loot lock out and PoF raid.

Currently 19 augs only drop in PoFire raid from trash mobs. Last raid we had 9 aug dropps from a full zone clear. Some of the people that joined in later didn't receive any loot lock out including myself.

It seems like PoFire, Stratos and Plane of Smoke raid only hit ppl within the zone on the first trash mob kill. After that you can join and you will not get any loot lock out at all.

This leads me into some questions about what is considered to be an exploit. If I join later in a Pofire trash kill raid and not get a loot lock out? Am I allowed to start another instance of the zone after that?

Is this using same system that Ngreth explained about the FF mission? That a person without loot lock out will flag the zone for dropps and vise versa; a person that has a loot lock out will flagg the instance flag for no drops on the trash mobs.

Also PoFire trash kill raid doesn't have task timer cause you don't kill the final boss. But still you will be able to request a new raid and kill trash once again.

Is it intendent to be this way. That I can even login a alt char and pop a new raid instance then join in with my main char and clear once again?

Please enlighten me is this an exploit or not. I want an answer before I try it myself.
  2. Sancus Augur

If only there was a potential alternative to making augs drop from trash with incredibly confusing and exploitable lockout systems. Using a chest or currency to deliver rewards like (nearly) every other raid loot system for years would be too easy, though.
    gotwar, Koryu, Syylke_EMarr and 8 others like this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Six people can request a raid. Kill one mob, get loot lockout, then add 48 others and clear all trash? Then raid drops, another six request a raid, kill one mob for loot lockout, then add the other 48 and rinse/repeat?

I would guess this is one of those common sense things that if a guild(s) are doing above then they should not be upset if they get suspended or banned...
    Axxius and Thrillho like this.
  4. Thrillho Augur

The problem isn't cases like this. I would hope that whoever is doing that would understand why we're laughing at their Loot Gate threads when they get inevitably suspended / banned.

The problem is that this will be handled by bots. Suspending and banning based on the above - when you should have a lockout and don't. You don't get a lockout if you miss the first kill. So should you get one on the second? Third? Probably. What about halfway? Nearing the end of the path? Last mob before the Guardian? Probably not.

What about if you've done the farm yourself the night before your regular raid? You and five friends cleared the zone in search of these chase items. Now you're in your raid with 53 others, and someone who hadn't cleared got the instance and started the drops. Do you get banned for that?

How about helping a friend out after you have a loot lockout? Clear Sunday night regularly, your friend needs a bit of extra DPS on Tuesday.

Way too many situations involved where these mechanics are inadvertently bypassed that a bot will not pick up on. This loot lockout is just spelling disaster. And again, it'll be to the detriment to those who most likely play the game the most.

Why not just drop the loot lockouts altogether? Let us spawn as many instances as we wish. Keep the main event mobs locked as usual. The difficulty with these chase items is in the chase. And these mobs aren't exactly regular trash to begin with.
    Pirlo, Ssdar and Sancus like this.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

I know players are not part of the design process for an expansion but it might be wise to have a player panel that they bounce ideas off of before they go live. They don't have to actually give much detail into the concept of a new expansion but issues like this could be avoided if they bounced ideas off some of the players. I don't know how they would select this panel but it would need to be players who can think critically about potential exploits and give scenarios where a certain design might be bad for the game. This way the developers can try to come up with the best system that works for the concept they are trying to achieve while also avoiding as many situations like this as possible. I know this is suppose to be the idea behind beta but by the time beta comes out its to late to make big changes like these I imagine. Another option would be to have beta run longer so they can make all of the appropriate changes but this means either rushing an expansion or delaying its release.
  6. Toti New Member

Important to get dev opinion on this.
  7. Pirlo Augur

this idea was talked about in another thread and it basically got laughed oitof the building
    o_O
  8. Shmid Journeyman

Ideally the slot 18 and 19 items could be placed on the group merchant that currently sells slot 5 augs and the bag. Have slot 18 aygs (group) sell for 1k coins and the slot 19 (raid) sell for 2k coins. This gives people a chance to get them without the ban / suspension risks related to the dubious loot lock out layout.

Shmid
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just put them in a bonus chest, or in the case of PoFire put them on the Doom fella, he seems to be a waste. :(

There have been far better ways in the past for obtaining these, from bonus named (Korafax) Bonus chests (Anguish & Dreadspire Keep).

This loot lockout doesn't appear to be working properly and the fact that it effects the account not just the char played is rather annoying.
    Koryu and Spellfire like this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I really love the new chase items, and enjoy seeing them slowly evolve and really didn't mind fight fire once I broke my bad luck with them.

But the rarity of the 18/19 augs have made me pretty much stop caring about them. I'm so unlikely to get one of the augs that will make my item last through the next expansion that I'm probably going to just leave them where they are when I finish everything else in TBL.
    Sancus likes this.
  11. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I agree with Tucoh. I'm nearly done with TBL hunter and have seen 0 type 18s. So with that droprate and knowing there are a few that would be "useless" to me, I've lost most of my interest in them. There's just too much randomness and rarity involved. There's no reason to make the augs so rare/random when they can't be used in other items.

For type 19s... whatever happened to CoA aug runs?
    Yinla and Sancus like this.
  12. Venedar Lorekeeper

Would be very appricated to get devlopers opinion about this matter. Are we allowed to open a new Plane of Fire raid if we didnt get loot lock out? Does this fall under reget mission for xp purpose(Ngreth stated that it was ok to do)? Cause there is no final end reward, if your only killing trash more then augs that may dropp from them. Please give us information about this. (And yeah 18 augs is very rare.)
  13. Riou EQResource

If you can get them to the final level you can 1 group the fire and smoke trash to get the type 19 drops, these don't require raid flags to request, just group progression
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Pretty sure you don't need a dev's opinion on this. You're avoiding the lockout. Plain and simple. It's an exploit. You can bet your they're watching for it, and you'll wind up suspended if you do it. Don't be foolish with your account, and if you do and wind up suspended - don't come here complaining unless you want to be laughed at.
    Tour likes this.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

...and too think, I can only like a post once. :)
    Pirlo likes this.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'd like to point out this wouldn't even be an issue if we could get real about every aspect of the evolving items. These items are flat out bull . Each individual item only dropping off one specific mob in a mission you can only kill every six hours is tiresome, at best. The amount of kills needed to level these items is moronic. Relying on killing named to randomly give you the 18/19 aug you actually want out of a pool of 25+ augs is insanity. Relying on nothing but Yard 2 trash as it seems Doomfire mobs in either castle don't drop augs for the raid version of 19 augs is also, insane. Come up with a better plan. This is just stupid. I appreciate the sentiment of creating "content" that lasts but this is not content. This is really pissing off your player base. Fix it...
  17. Piemastaj Augur

Just got done with a clear, out of our 8 total drops 7 of them dropped from either Castle. RNG is fun I guess.
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah we had one drop in the Castle last night as well. Now Esianti on the other hand, that may need looked at. We cleared pretty much the entire zone and didn't see any augs what so ever drop, not even the type 22 Luck aug that at least seems a little less rare.
    Allayna likes this.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Palace of Winds, Realms of Ash don't seem to drop the augs.
    Allayna likes this.
  20. Schadenfreude Augur

Nothing in Stratos, either.