Widespread Credit Card purchases being denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sinjax Darknasty, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Sinjax Darknasty New Member

Community,

Not sure what DBG has going on, apparently some new fraud prevention system (so they say) that gives false alerts in their system for customers trying to use existing credit cards on file. The false alert flags the customers account incorrectly and then places a block on the customers accounts and thus preventing them from being able to use their credit cards for continued play purchases.

This action then triggers the customer to reach out to their credit card company for no reason as it's clearly not a customer issue. The customer is essentially sent on a wild goose chase unknown to them at that time until after their CC call is completed, which only causes more confusion and an unneeded prolonged waste of time.

First of all, I don't like the FACT that the error message being deployed by DBG is providing 100% incorrect language to describe the error. The error describes reaching out to your credit card company and dealing with your carrier for the decline of purchase as DBG details the error being on the customer side. The reality is the system they are using is not working properly. If it was numerous people in my guild and on my server (Coirnav) would not be having this SAME exact problem. All having to petition to get their credit cards, that are already on file, re-approved.

Why does DBG need to always feel the need to fix things that do not need fix. Stop messing with the game, stop messing with classes, stop trying to validate your position within DBG and just DO your job.

What exactly is this "NEW" system doing for us players, I mean I see that its keeping us from playing the game...is that the purpose and new intent for 2019?? Doesn't seem to smart.

Thanks for 20 years of memories,
    Sinjax
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Saving CC info on an account may violate your CC company's security policy. These policies change all the time, but you should receive a letter or notification of security policy changes (which almost no one reads).

My advice would be to delete all your CCs from your account, and start over.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have not yet encountered anything to do with this new system but thanks for the heads up.
  4. Elskidor Augur

A couple of my friends ran into this issue last month and had to jump through hoops to get it corrected. Their new system is terrible.
  5. Alarya Augur

Try using Kronos instead.
  6. svann Augur

Are you kidding??
    I suggest you cancel your CC and get with a decent CC company.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. KermittheFroglok Augur

Are you sure it's DBG and not your CC company flagging? To me it sounds like that's the case of your banking/credit institution needs to resolve it.

The only reason I ask is that I bought 3 existing accounts the Lifetime All Access Membership at about the same time and had no issue. Then after they re-opened the Lifetime All Access Membership I opened a brand new DBG account and bought the lifetime membership for that within 15 minutes of creating the account and it went through. I can imagine DBG letting a brand new account spend $299.99 but not your established account.
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

Then again, this reminds me of an issue I had with another company when I tried buying a camera, turned out there was an issue with some information being out of sync with my banking institution and whomever they outsourced their online transaction processing to, so the amount could be a moot point...

Good luck getting it resolved!
  9. Sinjax Darknasty New Member

Actually Kermit its a simple response that reads like this. Isn't it just peachy. Let me explain further, I have 1 account and 1 CC registered to me and have for years. This new system is downright bologne.

Hello,

It looks like our fraud prevention system blocked the attempts as it's seeing multiple cards with different names being used many accounts. Don't worry, I should be able to resolve this. Can you set all of your accounts to one single email and reply back? That way I can make sure all your accounts can make purchases going forward.
    Best Regards,
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok now I am confused. You said " The error describes reaching out to your credit card company and dealing with your carrier for the decline of purchase as DBG details the error being on the customer side." in your first post.

But

What you show directly above is not that at all. It says nothing about reaching out to your cc company. It says it is seeing multiple cards and different names and to set your email for all your accounts. Like someone other than you is using your cc on other accounts. But then again many people have multiple accounts and are using multiple cc in this game but if I got that I would also call my cc company and ask if there had been any attempts or charges recently other than what you had made.

The whole thing is very confusing. Have you filed a petition? That would be your best be at this point since it sounds like someone is using your cc or making other EQ accounts without your knowledge. And like mentioned I have never known DB or even Sony to decline someone for "multiple" accounts.

Also if that is an email what verification is it that it is from DBG? Too many questions.
  11. svann Augur

Wait, are you 100% sure this is from DBG? This email comes off to me like someone trying to get your personal info. ie: scam
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Welcome to 2020.
  13. Sinjax Darknasty New Member

Cats Paws,

I showed the response I got from doing a petition. The first message I got is a red box that pops up on your screen when trying to make the purchase. That is the message that reads something like "Your credit card is being declined and you need to check with your carrier" --- after I received that message I petitioned.

I don't have other accounts, I don't have other cards. This system is bogus. This message was sent to me via Daybreak Games and unless their DBG website has been hacked, I highly doubt its a scam. Not to mention I know of 3 others in my guild currently this has happened to in the last week. Their system is causing problems and will continue to. Period. I emailed Roxxlyy about it last night.

Sinjax
  14. Sinjax Darknasty New Member

Developers, Roxxlyy, DBG Team, GMs,

Hey team, hope all is well in California, just a heads up...the system you guys enabled recently to detect credit card fraud is not working the way you intended. Please go back to the original system or deploy a system that does in fact work.

Numerous people are erroneously getting rejected from the DBG website to make purchases...after filing petitions the GM response is a one size fit all canned response and it does not help the situation. In fact I have never seen a game with GM staff that goes out of their way to keep 19 year EQ veterans of the game, away from the game, when their own system is causing game renew purchase declines.

Are we to blame ?? Does your system have flaws that you willingly turn a blind eye to? This is becoming troublesome for many paying customers, does it make sense to use a system that doesn't function properly?

Please make it a real point to fix the existing system as I am sure plenty paying customers who don't rely on Krono would appreciate the effort.

For those unfamiliar with the current issues:

1. Customer tries to make purchase on DBG website and given a decline indicating its the customers credit card carrier
    2. Customer petitions online to get GM interaction to fix purchasing problem
    3. Customer receives email detailing the customer has numerous accounts, numerous credit cards, numerous names tied to the account and it was detected by their fraud prevention system.
    4. Customer sends GM response to invalid / inaccurate petition response explaining the responded details don't apply to him/her

It is 2019, perhaps this new system isn't working ??

Thank you for understanding and wanting to make sure this doesn't happen anymore.

Your friend,
    Sinjax
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I have not had any CC issues. Have you check with your CC company?
  16. KermittheFroglok Augur

That looks like a phishing scam. Phishing emails can look really convincing sometimes with graphics and similar domain names.

Did you have any actual purchases fail?
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Who me? I have not had any credit card issues that would cause me to have to check with the cc company to begin with. Mine are all set up to auto renew. Never had it fail yet. I don't have to worry about a payment not making it or the website being down at payment time or any of that stuff. And I often switch the cards around to get the best cc bonus or rate being offered. ;)
  18. DeseanJackson Augur

Bologna
  19. Hamish New Member

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I have a valid reason.
    I play 6 boxed accounts on Rizlona. I am having the exact issue described by the OP with 3 of these accounts. I use the same credit card to purchase 3 months of pre paid time on each account. The payment is processed without issues on 3 accounts, but it is ‘declined’ on the other 3 accounts. The error message suggests that there is a problem with my credit card provider. I have spoken to the credit card customer services, and they have confirmed that there is no issues with the card. I managed to get around this by paying for the 3 accounts by Steam via PayPal, which is funded by the exact same credit card. I wanted to highlight this here because DBG are still having the same problem described by the OP nearly 2 years later.
    Edit to add that my wife plays her own 6 boxed characters with me and hers are all funded in the exact same way with the same credit card, but her payments have not been declined.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I have 6 accounts of my own, and 4 others I pay for family members. All on the same card.

I HAVE run into an issue two months ago where my CC issuer flagged 4 purchase attempts as questionable, and therefore placed on an authorization hold, because they were within seconds of one another and for the exact same amount. I called my card provider and was able to resolve it by approving the held transactions.

Easy peazy.
    Skuz likes this.