Change keying for 3 month servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RainbowCane, Sep 29, 2018.

1. RainbowCane Elder

I have great news @everyone.

I spoke to Prathun in a direct message in the same vein as this thread and this was his reply:
    Good evening, The team is planning on making changes to Underfoot progression so that it is more feasible to complete the expansion on Progression Servers before the next expansion unlocks. I can't comment on the details or the timeline, but it will be coming soon(tm). Thank you for the feedback. [IMG]
    PathToEternity, Boze and Crom-Eci like this.
  2. RainbowCane Elder

I have no idea why it blew up the smiley face like that, but honestly given the circumstances, it feels appropriate.
    Boze, Crom-Eci and Aegir like this.
  3. Aegir Augur

This is great news indeed. Hopefully the timeline corresponds with Phinigel's Underfoot expansion unlock and not Coirnav/Ragefire/Lockjaw, lol.
  4. Greendav Lorekeeper

Give us 6 month to enjoy the content of each main new expansion incoming on phiny !
  5. Ryak Augur

I've come to the conclusion that for SoF+, the two to three month timeframe is just not enough time.

It worked great for the early expansions which didn't have much meat to them or much keying/progression depth, but the modern yearly expansions just aren't suitable for the timeframe.

Everything is super rushed so you never have time to stop and take your time on anything.

And the gear inflation is so big that even the previous expansion's raid gear ends up being invalidated by newer group gear, while earlier expansions gear generally kept a reasonable value for one expansion at least.

6 months is way too much, but I could easily see the argument for 4 months. And 2 months is just a laughable timeframe for something like Underfoot
  6. Ryak Augur

Also, it's considered bad manners to reveal something they tell you in PMs. At least be vague about it and say something like "I heard they are looking into this and plan to announce something 'soon'"
    Dythan likes this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

No.

It's a 3 month/expansion server. Any slower than that would be disastrous.
  8. malaki Augur

Because 4 months of nobody logging in is so much better than 1?
  9. Aegir Augur

3 Months for all future expansions will be a good balance. I can play a lot, but doesn't spend all my time grinding or do the next task after the next one until i'm exhausted. But with my playtime - and style, I would have nothing to do in the last 1 and a half month of SoD other than doing Hunter achievements, do TS to prepare for UF and log on for Raids.... so even at a casual level with friends and planning, you can basically complete the whole quest/mission arc of the entire expansion before next one hits. SoD exp is yeah, slower than previous expacs after TSS, but you'll be facing Underfoot with Anniversary exp bonus, thus you are in for a catch-up extravaganza in springtime to cure your exp winter depression.
    Dythan likes this.
  10. Greendav Lorekeeper

4 months and no 3 month with key access eayer could be a good balanced solution.

It would be 3 expansion a year on phiny, more time to enjoy and less pain to get access :)
  11. Quill Augur

Wait.. what? Wrong game! This isn't World of Warcraft.

The lowest tier UF raid gear is far better than the highest HoT group gear.

Now, having said that, you're going to come back at me with casters and their focii, but that stuff is solved fairly quickly with even the lowest tier 1 HoT raid gear. Either way, you're decaying from a higher level, so it still aint worth the time or the hits on stats swapping to group gear.

Don't worry, though... if UF challenges you, HoT is a walk in the park. You've got to try really really hard to wipe on some of that stuff. So anything you missed on UF because it took time to get through, you'll make up on HoT.
  12. Machentoo Augur

You cherry picked the one remaining expansion where this is not the case.

In general, from here on out, this will be the case.
  13. taliefer Augur

many of the hot events in the end zone were bugged to hell on phinny due to changes in game mechanics made at the time, making them much more annoying/difficult than they were originally. i doubt theyve gone back and fixed them
  14. Quill Augur

Do specify the expansion where raiders that could kill current content(which is who i'm assuming we're referring to with Phinny) geared into group gear. I'll wait.

This isn't World of Warcraft where you simply ditch your purples for greens when the new xpac releases and you have a pure gear reset. Raid gear got replaced with better Raid gear, unless you really didn't understand itemization. And i'm sure you do.

About the only place it would ever even be a question was caster focii across a 5 level increase expansion. But as stated, going from a raid level focus that decayed to a group gear focus of the level that didn't, was pretty much a wash. Stripping stats to get it, wasn't.

And iirc, the rule of thumb tended to be to skip a tier for dkp reasons. I don't think anybody ever fully geared into each tier of an expansion, and primarily it was the last. T6 UF being the exception given the extreme benefit of the 24 second Fort off the BP. The sooner you get those dropping, the better.
  15. Ryak Augur

I'd love to hear what the plan to fix this is as soon as it is known. The original statement at the start of the Phinigel server stated that there would be a discussion with the community on how to solve this.
  16. Ryak Augur

Any day now on that community discussion?
  17. RainbowCane Elder

18. Aegir Augur

Thanks for fixing the Keys for Underfoot in due time, Devs! Much appreciated!

House of Thule and especially Veil of Alaris (especially having Selos Server players in mind as well) Could use a closer look as well when you get time.
    RainbowCane and Renshu like this.
  19. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

It appears as though there 2x the items, 3x the keys, and 4x the backflags that drop off at least one of the events a few of us tested last night.

Great change! Thanks :)
    Prathun likes this.
  20. RainbowCane Elder

This change is wonderfully executed.

Are their plans for the same on House of Thule?