Lifetime Sub Indication

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Quill, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quill Augur

I realize this was probably done on the quick... but can we get some visual indication via the UI for the player, that an account has a Lifetime Sub? Right now, the only substantial change that I see is:

All Access Days Left: 0

Which means what.. its about to expire?

It can be as simple as changing the 0 to the infinity symbol... but something should really show the user the proper status of the account.
  2. Ceffener Augur

https://account.daybreakgames.com/authenticated/cam/subscriptionsInfo.action

Its shows there, has showed 0 in game for 5 years so far.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They may be working on something for this. I noticed when I go into account management now it shows an error on history on my lifetime accounts. Stuff usually pops up with errors when they are working on changing it. Right after the lifetime purchase all the DB cash and other subscriptions did show. But still just shows "Thanks! For being an all access" under membership.

My other non lifetime accounts show the option to increase the remaining time under the membership info (instead of just the Thanks!) and shows my payment and DB Cash transactions under history.

I have never seen 0 for 5 years anywhere before the lifetime access was applied. It did show 6990 days for a day or 2 right after lifetime purchase on the character screen. But at least it shows under the claim on the DB screen in game when your next DB cash award is and we do have the email recognizing we paid for lifetime. My other non lifetime accounts are all showing the proper time remaining on the character screen till next billing of 38 days or 67 days or whatever.
  4. Ceffener Augur

I’ve had lifetime for 5 years, that’s why it has showed 0. My account history just shows that they load a time card every month and then activate it. You used to get the 500 DBC automatically but now you have to click claim in game of it will expire and that will show in your history.

So my thought was if they haven’t changed the in game display for my lifetime yet after 5 years (DCUO lifetime) it’ll probably stay how it is. The system already handles lifetime properly.
  5. Quill Augur

Still makes no sense to me and they can do themselves a solid, by simply making it clear. Whatever kludge they're using to be lazy, is pure cheese. Do they also have portions of the game held together with scotch tape and bailing wire? o_O

We paid them ~$1.8 million dollars, you'd think they could take like $5 of that and simply set it to clearly state the status of the account without hijinks. As stated, this could be as simple as changing the 0 to the infinity symbol.

All Access Days Left: Infinity

Makes far more sense than 0.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Basically.
  7. Alarya Augur

Actually 0 makes complete sense. How many days until your sub ends? 0 sucka, it won't end!
    I do see your point though, so don't get me wrong.
  8. Quill Augur

Cool... any reason this has to be... or is there a way you can simply get the game and website to show our true account status? Which we paid a decent amount of money for.

As an added bonus, if some scotch tape or bailing wire comes loose later, we have proof that we're actually lifetime subs.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Assuming DB knew how it would show in game it might have been a good idea to include in the purchase confirmation email a note that the lifetime sub would show as zero days.

In a perfect world it would show something like 999 days but then someone would complain that when they turn their monitor/laptop upside down it showed the number of the beast.

Something other then zero would be a nice to have but those of us who have bought lifetimes have it figured out by now. I do admit to a bit of concern the first account I checked and saw zero though but then a ate a Snickers and all was good :)
    skattabrainz and Pirlo like this.
  10. Tolzol Augur

The stuff people complain about amazes me sometimes.....
    Sagarmatha, Nolrog, Yinla and 4 others like this.
  11. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Old/unsophisticated Code, it's not that easy to repair/update all that stuff without impacting 1000 things you didn't intend to
    Quatr likes this.
  12. Quill Augur

Sup Scorn.

And I don't know about you... but they got paid ~$1.8 million for this service. That's not an insignificant amount of money. If they are going to provide the service, and get paid a lot of money for it, they should... at the least, properly report and display it in game and in the account information.

In addition, a thank you in the form of an additional /claim with the usual suspects... an illusion, bag, mount, familiar, mercenary contract and title ('Immortal XX' and 'XX the Immortal' for example) tailored to the lifetime sub, that cost next to nothing to make... would be great. I've gotten more in terms of in-game swag for participating in an expansion beta.

Or have they just stopped trying these days? :<
  13. Aurastrider Augur

I swear some people's children. If you purchased a life time sub you know your account status. This is arbitrary in terms of issues but not in terms of production hours. There is always the potential that changing the 0 could break something too. How about they focus on actual things that improve gameplay and not spend time playing into some peoples OCD.
    Tatanka likes this.
  14. Zanarnar Augur

Honestly I'd rather they spend their limited dev time working on things that actually matter. I bought a lifetime too, and I couldn't care less that it shows a 0. Your getting what you paid for, as pointed out people have had lifetime subs from other games for years without any issues. So at best its a very minor display bug, and I hope they treat it as such.
    Quatr likes this.
  15. Quatr Augur

The $1.8 million that they received in late December was at the expense of future revenue. Depending on how the game fares over the next few years, it may or may not have been a good deal for DB or for the subscribers. Hopefully it was a good deal for both sides, but only time will tell. For now, it doesn't necessarily mean that DB has more development man-hours which it can use to improve the UI. There are always competing priorities and resources are always limited.

A number of players expressed similar sentiments when the deal was announced, but DB didn't change the terms of the deal, so it was what it was.
  16. Ceffener Augur

It’s literally says lifetime on your account management page.

I’ll take not worrying about it in game (and possibly screwing something up) for a cosmetic change that does nothing.

If your that paranoid, you keep a copy of your receipt, the thing that actually proves you purchased something, not an in game counter.
  17. Quill Augur

Its not what you know, its what you can prove. If your account stops working a year from now, prove you were a lifetime sub.

Some people's children these days have no conception of fiduciary responsibility by corporations. If they're going to take people's money for a service, they have a very legal requirement to properly report that service to all parties involved with the transaction.

If they sell a Lifetime Sub, they should be up-front that that is what that account is, and the information easily accessible in both game and on the web portal.

That it even has to be explained is shocking. This is Business 101.

Either they know how to do their jobs and can QC any changes, or they don't. If they don't, hire someone who can. This idea that you don't change something because you might break something is Amateur Hour, because every change by definition breaks something.

You make all the changes and make sure they all work before sending to release.

How about they do something simple and critical and properly report the status of people's accounts?

Your attitude is like saying they should look at the sky while walking through a minefield.

Either way, its not like the suggested change is anything hard. I gave a very simple fix to the issue. That people feel the need to rail against any change, no matter how small, is staggering.
  18. Zanarnar Augur

How about you go look at the bug tracker, and understand that in the grand scheme of things, this is at best a very, very minor display issue and should be treated as such. Go do something useful and add it to their bug tracker, and I'm sure eventually when they've fixed all the more important issues, they can address it.

I wouldn't hold my breath though. Its about as important as a typo in the lore of an item from classic. It has no effect on your gameplay at all.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I agree that it’d be cool if they displayed something other than zero (an infinity symbol, an L, 9999999, a blank space, whatever,) but calling this “critical” is laughable at best. As someone pointed, out on your account management page it pretty clearly says lifetime.

The rest of your tirade about business 101 and amateur hour makes me sad this forum doesn’t have a downvote button.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

CRITICAL? I work in the medical field so to me critical means if there is no intervention right now someone is going to have a loss of life or limb. This is a visual discrepancy at best like someone saying they want a mole removed from their skin. Yeah sorry to the back of the line for you. We have actual issues to deal with and IF we fix everything with a higher priority including all the new issues then we will look at doing this. Your attitude is one that says OMG the sky is falling when you stub your toe. Go put some ice on it and stop acting like we are going to have to amputate the darn thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.