Playerbase needs to learn what "laid-back" means

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Larzzral, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Gribble New Member

This.

This drunken pothead comes in almost every night at Pacific time spewing everything from hardcore to drug use to medical amputations and lawsuits. He never shuts up and if you call him out he claims general chat is his way to vent. He is either a troll or just doesn't get a clue.

Although I'm not easily offended it gets very old having to miss general chat because of this attention seeking loser.

As for the OP, you just have to get out and keep looking. Good people do exist in this game. If you dislike a group or guild just leave and find another, eventually you will find a fit.
    Alekzandre and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's the part I don't get. Why not just put him on /ignore, and then you don't have to skip General chat?

I did check my settings, and I have three people (on Tunare) on /ignore. Since I don't see what is being referenced, I assume this person is one of the three which I have blocked.

/ignore works :)
  3. svann Augur

If someone claims to have Tourette syndrome that doesnt obligate me to listen to it.
  4. Gribble New Member

Ok, I'm an idiot. I've just come back from a three year absence. For some reason in my mind I was thinking /ignore would have applied to the whole general chat chan. You're right I can put him, on ignore and still have general chat, lol thanks for reminding me /ignore will just ignore the person.
    Alekzandre and Yinla like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Glad to help :)
  6. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

I'm kind of torn. I get it....But, I mean was a short story forum post absolutely necessary? I'm laid back in game. I don't care how people play. Want to bot? GO FOR IT. Want to box? GO FOR IT. Want to group? LETS DO IT. Want to be nice and help others? GOOD! You want to be a jerk? ALRIGHT! The way I see it, is they paid the same amount to play the same game. And quite frankly it requires two people to argue...

Personally I dislike "family friendly" guilds. There's a huge one on my server. They don't allow drama or cursing. That's absolute crap imo. They also kicked out some of the top people on the server for these issues....mostly cursing. I even got kicked out of said guild for telling my FRIEND "f*ck you" in guild chat.

This PC, snowflake, do not offend anyone stuff is the problem in my opinion. I don't know what the hell happened. But now everything offends everyone.

I help a lot of people on my server. I have completely geared numerous people, a hundred times over. But at the same time I like to troll morons on the server too. For instance before the patch, someone asked how to get to Rain of Fear, someone told him "go to shards landing through Erillion, City of Bronze" (Personally I thought this was correct but a stupid reply, so I told the guy, "go to your guildhall, and use the guild portal, get Stone of Shards Fall and you'll be right there instead of zoning 4 or 5 times." And the dude who originally replied told me "I f*cked your mom" I won't go through the whole conversation. But I didn't get mad. Just take this stuff with a grain of salt...

That's my two cents, thanks for reading!
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

What you're not accounting for is, many minors play this game, along with their family members. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a family friendly guild chat/voice chat. If you want something else, that's fine, you're not required to belong to such a group.

And you sound exactly like the OP, except for the exact opposite position. They want no cursing, you want everyone cursing. Whatever, can't we just get along?
  8. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

You misunderstood my post bub, my point was, LIVE AND LET LIVE. I don't care if they are family friend or adult.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It didn't sound that way, but I'll take your word for it. I don't always read people very well.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hmmm was a short story forum post about a short story forum post really needed?
  11. Zalamyr Augur

I don't want to attack the OP or anything, but I find it hard to believe that apparently across 7+ servers, every guild you joined was horribly vulgar. I feel like either you didn't try very hard to find a guild that suited you or you're excessively prudish.

I've never gone out of my way to avoid exposing myself to vulgarity in EQ and I still find myself subject to very, very, very few things I'd actually call offensive. It's pretty hard to believe somebody who's actively trying to avoid it is somehow caught in cyb0rz all day long.
  12. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

About as needed as your reply I suppose.
  13. shiftie Augur

If they meant for everything to be carebear they wouldn’t have evil and dark races. We literally walk around in a virtual world killing everything in our path. So murder is ok because it isn’t real murder but we draw the line at vulgarity. Vulgarity that is mitigated with ignore and bad word filters. It’s all pixels how anyone gets offended baffles.
    code-zero, Funk and disclose like this.
  14. Endaar Augur

If you're in an end-game raid guild, you are inevitably going to get some cursing, often due to the frustration of a near-win or something similar. And admittedly a guild I was in many years ago did have one night where chat devolved into some very graphic discussions. (Where is that log...?)

Beyond that though, I've yet to be in a guild where /gu was consistently vulgar or sexual in nature. Makes me wonder how you're selecting your guilds.
    FawnTemplar and disclose like this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No I think it was less needed then my reply. :)
    Elyssanda and Tatanka like this.
  16. Buri Augur

I find it surprising that so many of you actually pay attention to general chat... I turned that off ages ago and never looked back. Much easier than putting people on ignore all the time.
  17. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Oh if only you could see some of the conversations I start in guild, group, and fellowship chat. I'm one of those "vile human beings" but pretty much everyone I'm talking with are pretty much the same which is nice...there are a few who don't like it, but I'm an antagonist and I just make it worse /evil laugh
    Elyssanda and Funk like this.
  18. Funk Augur

He speaks the truth!

All kidding aside though it's not hard to clean up your general channel and use the bad word filter. Or not use general at all like other have said. Tons of great people still play this game, others you can never change and shouldn't waste your time trying.
  19. Alekzandre Augur

Although I understand what you are saying OP. I think it is a bit exaggerated. Most of the people I play with, and have played with, in EQ and EQ2, are great and do not fit into the category you are describing.

Before ftp there were a lot less "Vile" individuals around. IMO many came in with the ftp model.

The community in EQ is much better than most other games, in my findings, in fact much, much better than most. But..just like society in general, the fringe gets the most attention.

The same group of people that tend to pollute General chat, and some guilds chats, are unfortunately, the same type of personality that do the most posting on message boards, as well.

Many people in todays world are intolerant of people who have a differing view than theirs, and do attack you if you express a different like than they have. They were programmed by society to be this way IMO, so they can be easily managed.

Many people who play this game never post on this forum, nor do they look at General chat.
  20. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

"Yes, you have the right to act however you want online. I just truly pity you, if this is the character you desire to be as a person."

Not sure what you mean. You pity others for having a better sense of humor and for not being offended as easily? You can deny that this is the case, but it is.

Did you ever consider that being offended at everything is not a valid human reaction? It's unnatural and irrational.