TBL Reduced Melee/Spell Damage

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tilamce, Jan 16, 2019.

1. tilamce New Member

- Most NPCs in The Burning Lands group content will inflict less melee damage.
    - Lowered the damage dealt by the NPC spells Lava Ball, Breathe Fire, and Soul Burn.

Has the damage inflicted by mobs in the expansion been a limiting factor for some trying to get into the content? I was actually pleased to find when this expansion came out, a group of several players in ROS conflagrant gear with moderate AA could "break in" and even take down some named mobs in Stratos for upgrades. Not bulldoze through it, but proceed with caution.

It seemed to be of reasonable difficulty, however I have heard people say they can't get past the first few trash mobs, or do the first mission.... Has this been more common than I realize, or are there specific mobs that are way out of whack I just haven't noticed?
  2. Risiko Augur

It's par for the course in my opinion.

1. New expansion comes out
    2. Patch comes out that lowers the difficulty of the expansion to some extent
    Isn't that pretty much the way it has gone on every expansion ever made for EverQuest. The amount of time between the expansion opening and the patch that ultimately makes the content more accessible differs per expansion, but it always happens eventually.
    Quatr and Alekzandre like this.
  3. svann Augur

quityerbitchin!
  4. Riou EQResource

Well the trash mobs did hit for 35k, quad for 140k dmg in 1 round before you even consider the AE's

Mercs have like 145k hp unbuffed
    Yinla and eqgamer like this.
  5. Khazad New Member

The group I hang with is almost entirely group geared, but solid group gear. We were able to do Stratos, Fight Fire, and three of the trials, plus kill name mobs in Ash pretty quick. I had no complaints the way it was tuned (but I never tried the trials before they got tuned down and as they are now, they seem a challenge).
  6. Telkiney Elder

The main sources of complaints I've seen was from folks that like to box, or solo classes that can't solo named.

I've personally enjoyed the difficulty as well. I feels like its brought real grouping back to EQ.

That said I understand if someone plays the game differently than I do, and wants to be able to box. It is just unfortunate my challenge has to go in-order for others to be able to be able to complete the content.
  7. Forcallen Augur

Should have toned down spells and left the rest alone for now. Check back later during another pass to consider lowering melee as well. Odds are this goes to far and tanks just pull swarms again as nothing as of late is ever lightly touched.
  8. Alekzandre Augur

You left out where they nerf things that benefit a certain group of characters when released, after they no longer benefit that group.
  9. Risiko Augur

It would be interesting if they made a harder version that you can choose that gives more exp/loot etc for those who want more of a challenge. A hard mode so to speak.
  10. Tutankamen Augur

I have pretty much Max AA- almost through TBL, I'm a paladin tank class in almost full EoK Raid gear, and I can't tank the named in that zone mainly because I can't get good enough DPS in a solid group to take down the named while I still have discs. So yes, it's too hard, and they should have reduced the damage output of the mobs.
  11. eqgamer Augur

Lots new member posts lately. Anyway, PERSONALLY, I’m all for easier.
    disclose likes this.
  12. tilamce New Member

Ya, long time forum lurker - I read more than write :)

I'm not strongly for or against it, just was curious what prompted the change. I didn't realize people were having so much trouble with it, I just figured the lower populations there was because not many bought it yet - lol
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We received more than the usual amount of complaints about difficulty.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Ceffener Augur

Someone even went as far as you call it an extension and not an expansion.
  15. tilamce New Member

Hopefully it gives some more players the extra edge they need to get in to the content. All in all I have enjoyed what I've seen of TBL.
  16. Morthakia Augur

I’m not surprised by the change. We’re a month into the expansion and I’m usually the only person in Esianti or Aalishai on my entire server. Empyr has up to three groups and Mearatas has one group farming. I see almost no one entering any missions besides Fire Fight. Stratos can have about 30 characters in it though, but it is mostly people farming the zone for loot.

While I’m 95% done with the expansion (yay flowing blue ribbon and achievable achievements), I’m glad it is being made easier for other folks to enter.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Mazame Augur

Step one Beta testing starts:
    Step 2: 99% of the tester go an get the Max level raid gear.
    Step 3: testing is done in Max raid gear and tuned based on feed back:
    Step 4 Exp comes out
    Step 5 PPL QQ because it too hard
    Step 6 patch to make it easier.

The problem is ppl are not Testing in current gear and giving feed back based on it so yes the first month is when the real testing happens because ppl can't over gear them self. If people want the exp to be tuned correctly then they need to beta test in the gear they have not wish they had.
    Pirlo likes this.
  18. Morthakia Augur

So for those of us stuck at work, how meaningful is the change?
  19. CrazyLarth Augur

your wrong about the issue.
    Their are more group geared peeps then raiders on live servers but
    not enough group peeps log on to beta.
    its one server and its a ghost town trying to get groups to do progression.
  20. Telkiney Elder

Hmmm where have I heard that idea before ....

Te he he
    Risiko likes this.