Why is loot going Backwards?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Jan 9, 2019.

1. jeskola pheerie

Curt Schilling is back!!
  2. Kolani Augur

EoK chase look and easily soloable old raid drops have at least AM2, most have AM3. There's no sense in having Gates of Discord era overhaste clicks on all the group items these days.
  3. Poyzen Frawg Augur

4. Poyzen Frawg Augur

The force is strong in this one. Well played sir.
    Tatanka likes this.
  5. Funk Augur

I do agree having 20 purity augs drop in TBL is a waste.

All purity augs dropped in TBL should be 35, take the 20 out of the loot table for the expansion please if possible. And thanks in advance.
  6. snailish Augur

If the effect has become stagnated... why not just make it an AA earned an expac or two after the last "good gear" it was on and leave it off all gear moving forward?

It was a feature, it's now innate. Spend the effort/memory/time growing things that grow.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The 35's DO drop in TBL. The 25's do as well (They're not 20's), just like they ALWAYS HAVE IN EVERY EXPANSION! Including EoK and RoS when the cool new 35's came out.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Thanks for confirming that purity "is done".
    But please educate me: Is there a 50purity aug that i never noticed?
    I can follow the raid-max you give, but it was my assumption that group gear was commonly based at 50 purity? plus the 25purity from the dirt-common ones or 35purity from the extraplanar ones - i know of no higher one currently?

Yes please!

I reckon that would be the mighty/ancient cloak of flames (raid/group version respectively) from the anniversary events that give 17% V3 haste:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=112881 - ancient
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=112970 - mighty
    Outside of anniversary-related loot, there's the "normal" 16% from ancestral memories III on virtually any (raid) neck.
    TBH i do not quite get either why the "Taelosian guard" 8% overhaste (from Omens of War!) is still put on group necks.
    Stagnating group v3 haste that far behind doesn't seem right to me - over time the groupers should have the chance to catch up, even outside of anniversary events imo.

So yeah... Since V3 haste "is done for" as you say, i would say it's also time to thin kabout putting the same 16% on group stuff as well (even though most who care have long since gotten their click of the ancient cloak by now)

Well sorry. i haven't seen ANYTHING drop yet, that was not a collectible, one of 3 tradeskill items, a quest-item or a regular loot drop from nameds (or the "chase loots" from the Stratos mission).
    Certgainly no vendor trash has so far dropped for me (in any of Stratos, Empyr, Aalishay, Esianti) nor did any purity augs whatsoever.
  9. Natal Augur

In terms of game design it is better to have things that add absolute increases to stats rather than relative increases. Both purity augs and overhaste are relative increases, meaning that their effects carry over from expansion to expansion and consequently there is a limit to how far they can be upgraded without breaking the game.

Consequently you will see purity gain power through improved power sources for example, since those have fixed values.

Likewise having higher overhaste means that all weapons and other damage related AA have to have limited improvement in order to constrain the overall damage increase for an expansion. It just makes for poor game design and reduces the options for content. Properties like haste were introduced a long time ago, and probably the developers at the time never imagined that the game would be around for so long. It is the sort of thing that cannot be upgraded over the long term because it leads to an exponential increase in power that makes game balance very difficult.
  10. Funk Augur

Ok, so we need to completely remove 25's then. They are a complete waste and 100% should not be dropping in TBL. 35's should be the only type with a chance to drop in TBL.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No disagreement there, especially when they taunt you dropping off the trash in raids... you think for a split second that you got something good. The Stone of Tranquillity is likely a "Drop everywhere over a certain level zone wide" drop though, so it may not be removable so easily.
    Funk likes this.
  12. Turinbar Augur

I think what he is getting at is Purity isn't something they particularly like going forward but feel compelled to at least keep it at whatever current levels as droppable items in current expansion. If this were WoW the devs would just drop it for a different system, like Legion dropped legendaries when BfA came out.
  13. Leigo You come here often?

TBL has no vendor trash. Coin was increased to compensate for this, plus the chance to get lucky coin.
    Pirlo and Yinla like this.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Theoretically, I'm okay with that idea. But won't be in TBL.
    the better overhaste drops are exceptions in special content and are likely to continue to only be in special content, not the "standard" content.

The 35 purity aug is dropping in The Burning Lands. (Extra Planar Potential Shard)

yeah. that's what's happening. Its a "worldwide" drop, not zone specified... so... it drops.
    I was in error about how much group players received.

correct. (and lucky coin is why we drop coin instead of vendor trash)
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Perhaps the players could be allowed to use crystallized luck to combine 25 purity augs into 35?

Just a thought.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

the luck system is not that flexible.
  17. Angahran Augur

Not used the luck system yet but couldn't this be a simple tradeskill combine ?

Place 1 crystallized luck and, say, 2 25 purity augs in tradeskill container and get 1 35 purity aug out ?
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Heh, you said simple.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That is theoretically possible.
    I'm not sure it's something we want to do.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

I personally don't think this would work well only because of the pure cost to do the combine. 200k for an item that I have seen in the bazaar for 10k or less at times. If they used something other than the crystallized luck to do the combine it would work well as long as the cost to do the combine was not to steep.