The coming Coirnav Plane of Storms problem, lets fix it before PoP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jimbucktwo, Jan 4, 2019.

1. RandomStrategy Augur

And that's exactly what they're afraid of. Not enough people on the server.
  2. a_librarian Augur

I think you're projecting again friend
  3. TimeBreak Elder

We had 5 more old guildies this week alone return to Agnarr from Coirnav, not sure he's projecting.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  4. a_librarian Augur

You probably have never played on Coirnav if you think the server is concerned about not having enough people for PoP but by all means keep sharing your assumptions about a server you don't play on. I get a good laugh at the apparent bitterness some posters here have toward Coirnav.

What has been obvious to everyone from the start is DBG doesn't seem to care about splitting the TLP population more and more, so most people expect them to put a new TLP out and depending on the ruleset it will obviously split up the population even more than it is now. Guess we'll all find out soon and roll with whatever happens, but right now nobody is worried that we don't have enough bodies to spawn storm picks. That is a hilarious fantasy though
    Thalliius likes this.
  5. Aziuno Augur

From a Casual guild standpoint, Plane of storms does not matter at all... Let me explain why through my experience from a casual guild on Phinny.

I was in The Mystic Order (Most of the Officer crew is now in AO on Coirnav), we were #18 guild to kill Quarm on Phinny see https://phinnyprogress.com/

PoP landed on 2/1/2017. All guilds have raiders who are not 100% RA. This was the major bottle neck for our guild, along with the officer crew making one or two mistakes on the flagging progression order / bugs, or us blowing AoC's and having to wait a week.

The issue casual guilds will have, is that elemental flagging requires ALL of the flags (Minus Bot access) to enter Elemental planes OR a back flag.

We didn't even try to DPS race or challenge other guilds in plane of storms until the 2nd week of PoP, and even then, we were elemental flagged early week 3 of Planes of Power.

Even after this, we had to work through the first actual challenging fight, Rathe Council, which we didn't beat until a Month later.

We were stuck at the Rathe Council for a month (2/16/2017 - 3/13/2017) because we didn't have enough people fully flagged to take down the Council. It seemed like the most common flag missing was LMM, or him and his Trials. The guild defiantly had 10-15 people who did majority of the heavy lifting, but this fight requires coordination (and numbers for casual guilds).

During that month we kept taking down the other elemental planes, while trying to get flags that people were missing here or there, and encouraging people to attend the open flag runs (pug) that were going on.

Another bottle neck was some people couldn't figure out how to fix their flags, and would not speak up that they needed help or didn't try to fix their flagging, they would just say they are missing a specific kill (which they had, but had to fix the flagging)

Once we beat the Rathe Council, we had an easy time in Time until the Zek brothers, which took us a few weeks to get past.

There are a total of 15 Raid or Mini Raid flags to enter Elemental Planes and another 7 for Fire:
    Plane of Justic 1 Trial (Group)
    Disease (Grummus)
    Innovation (1 person needs flag for Factory, Everyone needs Manaetic Behemoth)
    Plane of Valor(1 person needs to do the key to enter the lair, but everyone needs Aerin`Dar)
    Plane of Nightmare (Mini "raid" - Hedge walk for Lair of Terris Thule access)
    Lair of Terris Thule (Terris Thule)
    Halls of Honor (All 3 Trials)
    Temple of Marr (Lord Mithaniel Marr)
    Drunder, Fortress of Zek (TZ,VZ,RZ)
    Bastion of Thunder (Karana)
    Plane of Storms (Askr's quest is required to enter BoT if you are not being Piggied, not required for the flagging of elemental planes)
    Crypt of Decay (Carpin)
    Ruins of Lxanvom (Bertox)
    Solusek Ro's Tower (The 6 mini's to enter Sol Ro's chamber, then Sol Ro himself)

Storms is not the Casual guild block, the players are.

--Side note - In my opinion - I think the plane of storms racing helped the guild bond quite a bit, it really drove morale up and was a positive experience for the guild.
    Foaming likes this.
  6. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

From the hardcore to the casual guilds and all manner in between all say Storms is not an issue.
  7. sieger Augur

To be honest I doubt it's even the casual guilds on Coirnav asking for this, I suspect it's the infamously weak Coirnav top-guild that has underperformed every top guild on every TLP, who dreads the thought of having to farm Storms hard early on and wants it made easier for them. In reality they are the only ones who would actually benefit from making Storms any easier to farm.
  8. Chillies New Member

Actually, they do spawn in DZ's, you just have to keep the DZ open for the entire 6 hours as they can spawn at any time within the 6-hour window once created.

Your suggestion doesn't fix anything, because you can still only get four and a half people flagged every 7 days from this process if they allowed it. Not sure how that even remotely helps.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

You won't have to worry about competing in the future.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
  10. Barathrum Augur

Does it really matter? This server will have very few players by the time it reaches GOD..... Were all hoping for some sort of FV rule set.... on top of classic wow server not to mention a DAOC shard...... Look kiddos it will take a few days of KSing / zerging but you will get POSTORM done and it wont be a big deal unless your wait for it. BAD !!! DEATH TO THIS SERVER !! DEATH I SAY BRING US A FV TLP BUT MAKE IT START IN GOD!!!!...... hmm puts bong and 5 hour energy down....

NOW IM DONE
  11. Rassnie New Member

If you understand the Time Cube, understanding of how to farm Plane of Storms will follow.
  12. Davo The Bard

Do they spawn in DZ's? .. popped an instance today ... waited 6 hours until it closed ... no medallion giants spawned.

Just bad luck or??

Davo
    The Bard
  13. Kakashi77 Elder

Yeah tested and it doesn't spawn anymore within the 6 hours. No biggie.
  14. Chillies New Member

I had two pop today on test close to the 15 min timer warning.

Just remember, alot of NPC's are not exact timers, they can be +/- 20%
  15. Barzini Journeyman

Horse = dead
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Time to show it who is boss.
  17. TimeBreak Elder

Don't you mean Server dead with the announcement of 2 new TLP's
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

lol...

Really, if someone bangs there head against the wall on Coirnav for Plane of Storms keying.... to race into Time... that you will be forced to raid exclusively for the next 36 weeks... while two new servers are in the midst of launching.... well, you know better.

Do yourself a favor: take it easy, have your guild enjoy leveling a bit...