Open TDS Zones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Picaresque, Mar 5, 2018.

1. AnzoRagespirit Augur

That and EQs wonderful /follow command works so well, that running more than 1 toon around for the progression, is a job all in itself.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

This is where the power of the mage comes in handy. I always scout ahead with my sk and then move a mage to where my sk is. Then scout ahead again and keep doing this until I get to camp and then just COTH the rest of the group. I cant even begin to imagine moving a whole group in that zone using follow or one at a time. Add underwater fighting and you have just created the perfect formula for a horrible zone. The devs just need to say no to any more water zones. If they do add any further water areas they should be optional to fight in and never part of progression.
  3. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Well for the progression quests, it's not for making a "camp" every quest is hey kill this one to 3 mobs then run to the other side of the zone and do it again.
  4. Elskidor Augur

Degmar is a pita too, but yeah Sirens takes the cake here for yuck. I only 2 box though. I can imagine the insanity for large box groups. I don't think they'll ever unlock this however. If they were going to then it woulda happened long ago.
  5. Khaliss Augur

it's never too late to take action... the expansion is 4 years old, just unlock all the zones without having to do the progression quests, except for maybe the final raid zone. Have the casual/leveling players take a peek of TDS.. it's not like everyone wants to go there. Com'n DBG, listen to the players =)
  6. Jaay Lorekeeper

The restaurant around the corner has been open for 4 years! Just give away the food for free already!!

Do the progression you lazy noobs and stop crying!
    code-zero and Conq like this.
  7. Balthen Lorekeeper

Amen brother!
  8. Khaliss Augur

How does this affect you if you've done TDS years ago? Take a look at PoP... they opened up all zones (including PoTime), although the progression is still needed for existing/relevant quests. Why can't it be the same for other older expansions? It's a reasonable request.
    Tatanka likes this.
  9. Monkman Augur

I agree it’s a reasonable request.

However...

If you are purposefully avoiding TDS progression in the belief that someday they will open it up, you’re doing yourself a disservice.

TDS at 110 is facerollable... there’s some cool quests and missions and rewards for the progression you’re missing out on by avoiding it
    Funk likes this.
  10. Funk Augur

Agree 100%
    By actually doing the progression you get to explore the zones, kill some mobs, gain power on your character by advancing Hero's Fortitude, Resolution and Vitality. Get a cool silly T-Rex illusion, and more!

The argument to open up zones because we should be able to tool around in old content without doing progression is kinda old. Explore, have fun and advance your character(s) all at the same time!
  11. Khaliss Augur

the point is, not everyone wants to go do old content... most players who go try to explore these old zones are either soloers or moloers, who may not have great gear or tons of AAs. Do you expect level-110s to get a good group out there and xp/explore TDS zones? I don't think so... they've already completed old content (yes, 4-year old expac is OLD content). 90% of high-level groups only go to TBL nowadays.

Think about it.
  12. Funk Augur

As stated before 110's can easily roll TDS, and no they don't have to get a "good group" to go do TDS content. And for a 110 I can assure you the XP in TDS is not the reason for going there.
  13. Funk Augur

It is really so terrible and against the spirit of the game to have some content you have to work to get to? Absolutely not.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

@Funk

110s facerolling there will depend a lot on the class. For some classes, certainly, for some, not nearly so much.

As to working for it. Certainly. But as the saying goes, it takes two to tango. I posted a note in another forum looking for others who'd like to get some group missions completed in the past several expacs. I've even done the other quests, so can request the group missions. Still looking for any takers.