Why is loot going Backwards?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

4 year old purity Augments and 10 year old Overhaste.

Is this a BUG or a middle finger?
  2. Tucoh Augur

Huh?

Speaking as a group geared player, TBL has the most interesting itemization since i started playing the game again in TBM.
  3. Axxius Augur

The amount of Purity has become irrelevant. IIRC last time I upgraded from 30 to 35 Purity aug, I gained... 5 (five) mana.

Overhaste has probably reached some kind of cap and became pointless too.
  4. segap Augur

They can't raise the overhaste clicky without also giving the bard overhaste song an upgrade (otherwise they'd be the same and the bard utility would be moot). They can't upgrade the bard overhaste song without raising the hard cap. Doing all three should be possible (without knowing what code limitations might exist), but could have balance issues they don't want to deal with. There could also be underlying performance issues that could wreak havoc for all we know.
  5. Tour Augur

This is so true!

I mean, except for the new group and raid gear. New TS gear. New type 5/7/8, including very nice TS augs. New chase loot better than anything in game for what is going to be a while. New aug types with new and unique abilities for the chase items. New stat “mount.” New illusion benefit. And a whole new stat type of luck that gives a small boost to a wide range of game mechanics.

If you ignore all that and focus on one or two trivial bits of totally inconsequential gear you’re totally right, loot is going backward! Well, and also ignoring it wouldn’t be backward really unless it had less stats or ability. Be more of a stagnation.

And certainly the best way to address this is some pursecutory delusion that the devs are giving you the middle finger. I mean, they haven’t done anything else for you gear wise lately for almost an entire month now!
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

In all honesty since TBM stats have blown up and at an exponential rate. I remember hitting 100k mana during COTF on my raid geared cleric at the time. He is the only fully raid geared toon I have ever had. Two expansions later (TBM) I had toons running around as ftp with just basic stock gear who had better stats than he did spending an entire year raiding. Fast forward to ROS and I have 50k more mana and HP on a couple of FTP toons than my poor cleric and that's without any AA's, augs, or progression and zero farming of gear. So yeah the devs certainly are doing a poor job of granting power boosts via gear with expansion :confused:

I cant speak to TBL since I have not played it but they certainly have not made it all that difficult from a gear perspective to get good stats with minimal effort in recent years. Certainly if you are a maxer it will take a lot of work but for someone just returning to the game or trying to gear an alt or box it has never been easier imo. They certainly cant take every slot, aug type, ability, spell and so forth and tune all of them way up each expansion or its just going to make the power shift way to steep. Take what upgrades you have and enjoy them while they last because you could certainly end up like my uber cleric who found himself in a pretty sad state in just over a years time.
    snailish likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They maynot be able to increase them, but I don't recall seeing them in any form dropping in the last couple of expansions.

Would be nice to some of the old clickes ie overhaste, summon throwing items etc on newer items so you can bank old items and wear/use current ones.
  8. Ceffener Augur

Release new gear stronger than the old and obtainable by the playerbase:

“Devs are stupid, we spent years farming that gear that is now obsolete and any filthy casual is stronger than I used to be.”

Don’t release new gear that’s stronger than old:

“Devs are stupid, we have been the same power level for years and why should be buy the expansion if we don’t get more powerful.”

Release new more powerful gear that requires the old gear.

“Deve are stupid, how are people supposed to level Alts or new players catch up of it requires years of farming old gear before you can get the new.”
    snailish, Jhenna_BB, Maedhros and 2 others like this.
  9. Belexes ForumQuester

It's neither.
  10. feeltheburn Augur

need so much cheese for the whine in here.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I can tell you... Purity's done. 100% for group and 110% for raid is it. Why should I both waste memory (items take up memory) and time making a new aug. I should try to drop the existing one in each expansion so it's convenient to acquire if you need/want a replacement, but that's it.

And as Axxius and Segap said/implied. Overhaste is done. The reasons are varied.
    Putting overhaste on a new item may be possible (Next expansion, nor The Burning Lands) but it's not something I particularly want to spend effort on for the aforementioned reasons. More items is memory, and it might "replace" a current click/worn effect on an item type and then I would get complaints about that :)
    BUT, If someone would point me to the current favored overhaste item, I can take a gander at it and consider putting the same buff on items in the future.
    Axxius and snailish like this.
  12. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I just float an Ancient Cloak of Flames around my toons as needed for the passive AA. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    Pirlo, Herodotus and Tucoh like this.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You did. The 35 Purity augs drop in TBL.
    Axxius likes this.
  14. Herodotus Augur

You are not the only one.
  15. Gnomereaper Augur

Priceless Diamond of Ethenere was a good reward for doing progression and removable through a normal augment removal, but right now is dated at 30 purity. While I would not want these to be "common," another version that is lore and a reward for progression would be fair if at 35 purity.

Thank you for your consideration.
  16. Ecchicon Elder

8 Separate removable 35 purity augs from various progression would be cute, but far from necessary. I agree that making the Priceless diamond have 35 purity would be cool; it's just nice to have old items that are still useful, even if it is simply a money-saver in the end.
  17. Mazame Augur

Am I missing something ? Raid gear = 75 + 35(aug) = 110 / Group gear is 50 +35 (aug) =85 how would one get an extra 15 on group gear ? Just wondering
  18. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Clarifying what I mean.

In TBL, the Over-haste on group gear items is Taelosian guard. This is inferior by several hip points of regen and several percentage points in haste than gear obtainable several years ago.

Also, 20 purity augs dropping in TBL instead of the 35 ones is baffling to me.

My point is … the reward does not match the MOB difficulty level.

I did not even mention there are certain Tradeskill and all Power sources that get improvements only every-other expansion so those tradeskill items should continue to drop in the new zones.

Another point. The way DBG allows some of you to be-little and name call other paying customers is unacceptable. If your comment is just to claim I am whining or complaining then perhaps its better to keep that to yourself. I do value other perspectives, but not at the cost of you trying to make me or others feel less important or not as awesome as you. I can assure you that my accomplishments in life outside of video games have earned me the right to state my opinion if I am bothered by something I pay for.

Last but not least - Thank you Ngreth for responding. It was very informative. It did not address my concern, but that is because my OP was poorly worded.
    Pirlo and Yinla like this.
  19. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Group-level overhaste has been Taelosian Guard for quite awhile now. Any higher overhaste on group items were outlier items from anniversary or PoWar, etc.

I agree that TBL should drop the 35 purity augs.

It would be nice if RoS powersources dropped in TBL, but that hasn't been the pattern for powersources ever.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Can you let us know what those accomplishments are so I know if I have the standing to whine on the internet?
    Daedly, Endorek, Pirlo and 7 others like this.