Lockjaw / Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cenren, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Gremin Augur

So when Devs have previously stated that when Ragefire and Lockjaw are on the same timeline with opening of server transfers between the two but never do allow Ragefire to Lockjaw servers, what should we think then?

Or the fact that they can not actually do a server merge because their code is so messed up and their knowledge of said code has gone to the way side over the years with turnover etc so now that option is gone.

Posting and asking for response about a subject we on lockjaw feel is important is not a veiled threat. Its fact that many of us on Lockjaw will not continue in EQ if the server dies to the point we can not keep a viable guild and raid force going. Players get invested in their characters, its been 4 years now I have played Gremin. I have all my tradeskills maxed at 300, my skills are maxed, my gear is great but more importantly my friendships and relationships with others on Lockjaw are great. I am hoping Daybreak sees that if they allow a one time free transfer to Ragefire from Lockjaw that it would keep those relationships intact while allowing all of us to become part of a new home with new people which would keep us wanting to play the game that so many of us hold dear to our heart since it came out.
  2. jeskola pheerie

By your logic, there should never be another server merge for the rest of Everquest's lifespan. Is that what you want? They have merged servers in the past many times, and have attempted new and updated server merge algorithms as recently as Vulak into Fippy. Server merges are (were?) the norm for a long time in Everquest as well as countless other MMOs.
  3. jeskola pheerie

Just to clarify .. we would all prefer a server merge
    The only reason free transfers are being suggested is because the last EQ server merge, Vulak into Fippy, tried a new merge algorithm and it didn't go so well. If this was fixed, then great. The free transfers idea is a secondary alternative to a server merge.
  4. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

Please identify what obtaining any response to this issue will do for you when you already have the option for paid server transfers...

If DBG posts and says, "NO!", does that mean you toss the towel in Immediately and quit EQ instantly?
    If DBG posts and says, "Maybe!", does that mean you hold out indefinitely, but keep coming to the forums to post your message on the matter monthly, weekly, daily, hourly???
    If DBG posts, "YES!", does that mean that DBG will need to start taking more requests for free moves, honoring them via the precedence you would set of "move for free or we'll quit because of x, y, z reason" posts.... YES!

With or without a response from DBG, they seem to lose, so they have no motivation or reason to do so as long as they already have, (or rather have had in place for YEARS), a way for you to solve this particular problem you are having, at this particular moment, on your own with no intervention from DBG.. The perception you are casting, one of an inability or unwillingness to pay for a server transfer to remedy your situation on your own, and does NOT constitute a customer service emergency for DBG, no matter how eloquently you plead your "something for nothing, because you feel they owe you something extra", case.
  5. Roxxlyy Augur

We are well aware of the player discussion surrounding a potential merger between Ragefire and Lockjaw. As of this moment, we do not have any plans currently slated for additional server merges - this could always change in the future, and we will sure to let players know if that happens.
    Ryak and Dythan like this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

Forget the free transfers. What is your opinion on server merge (both tlp and live)?
  7. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

@Jeskola THIS! ^^

Don't call them, they'll call you!

Enough already!
  8. jeskola pheerie

They can still open free transfers if the reason for no merge planned is technical difficulties. I am not sure why you are in such a crusade against 2 servers that it appears you do not play on, but this issue and this thread are not going anywhere unless it gets locked or something is done to improve Ragefire/Lockjaw. I welcome all opinions on the subject, so by all means, please continue to bump our thread while you play on Agnarr and EQ2.
  9. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

Jeskola...LOVE your moxy...LOVE IT!

Even after finally receiving your desired post from the Dev's only with an undesirable but "cordial" no.....you STILL think there is a chance of a YES! if you just keep posting your plea or receive thread bumps or they lock it.

If only you lived in a world where no meant NO!, instead of TRY HARDER!

/smh

P.S. Ragefire and haven't played EQ2
  10. jeskola pheerie

thank you for your support, friend of Ragefire/Lockjaw! Welcome to Ragefire, I am glad you decided to move from Agnarr sometime within the last few weeks! (or maybe you have time to play on both servers, who am I to judge).

Anyway, there was no Dev post, and there was not a "No" post. There was a Community Relations post that stated "no plans of this moment - this could always change in the future". Again, I am not sure why you are on this crusade to crush any potential merger or additional transfer option between Lockjaw and Ragefire. If you really do play here, you would want the server to maintain a decent size playerbase in the interest of long-term server health.
  11. Nuggziee New Member

Thanks for the response Roxxlyy. At least we know the status and will plan accordingly.
  12. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

Jeskola, I'm sorry to have to inform you that you have yet again misread or misinterpreted someone's typed reply to one of your posts. Like the Community Relations post, you fail to read "another" post that wasn't supporting your feelings, although things could change in the future.

I am on no crusade other than to stand by the standards and guidelines that many of us have chosen to adhere to and stick with as to not let chaos ensue.

All I read in your posts are things you want and do not deserve and have no right to, no matter what your feelings are.

Pay for a server transfer....Stay on Lockjaw.....Reroll on Ragefire.....Follow through on your threat to Quit........I really don't care...

You are not a special little snowflake.
  13. Gremin Augur

Thanks for your response, we appreciate it.
  14. jeskola pheerie

Thank you for the reply! :D
  15. Nuggziee New Member

So your thought is we decided to play on a server and are now somehow unhappy with the rule set or something similar? This isn't a case of "we started on a server we knew would stop at PoP and now we want off with no consequences". At one point in time we were ALL supposed to be on Ragefire. Roughly half the people who wanted to play on the new TLP (first in many years) had to start up on Lockjaw or not play at all.

Either way, we got our answer so it's over. We'll all (or most) will be on Ragefire in the near future.
  16. Xanadas Augur

Just don't wait so long that it becomes pointless. Do it at a time when a merger might actually result in a busy, vibrant server, not when both servers are down to like 7 real people playing on each.
  17. Lendarios New Member

When all was said and done, the transfer cost was 1500, since there was a massive Christmas discount.
    Maybe like sieger said, save the points from monthly and take advantage of the next schedule discount. Maybe daybreak can let us us when is the next scheduled DBZ discount to help planning.

But at the very least start saving those dbz cash claim tokens.

I moved 5 characters, so overall i spent $25 bucks, since I had some saved dbz cash.

As a final note it was a pleasure playing in lockjaw , I hope everyone had a good interaction with me.
    (Zetay Cleric and the LendCrew)
    Gremin likes this.
  18. jeskola pheerie

I understand why FI chose to move in the manner you did, however server merges and free transfers are both things that have been employed several times in Everquest's history in the interest of maintaining server health and subscriptions. It isn't like these ideas have never been done before by DBG or SOE. In fact, I am willing to bet that if the Vulak into Fippy merge with the new algorithm had gone smooth, we would probably be seeing a lot more server merges.
  19. Silinius Augur

That's probably the case Jeskola. I'd really like the Daybreak team to look past the "Server Merge" idea and just open up free transfers from Lockjaw instead. Essentially, it would accomplish the same thing and allow you guys the opportunity to move. But alas, it doesn't appear that will be the case. Hopefully we'll see you all again sooner, rather than later.
    jeskola likes this.
  20. Bewts Augur

Ouch. Hope to see our Lockjaw friends pull the trigger on transfers to join Ragefire.