The coming Coirnav Plane of Storms problem, lets fix it before PoP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jimbucktwo, Jan 4, 2019.

1. sieger Augur

Yeah, it's not a "fix" you're asking for the content to be made arbitrarily easier because "too slow for 3 month unlock." We tell you recent era TLPs Phinny and Agnarr, with higher PoP populations than you'll have, didn't have much trouble getting lots of guilds past the PoStorms blocker as it's currently designed. You ignore this and say "let's fix it."

Nothing is broken. Your argument is like saying "Kunark is only 3 months long so I might not be able to get my Kunark BP from Trakanon in only 12 clears in a weekly instance, so you need to fix that."

You're basically complaining about scarcity, scarcity is part of the EQ game design, not a "bug." Some stuff did legitimately need rebalanced for higher population, shorter expansion TLPs (VP key is a great example with the SoNH originally having a spawn time of like 12 hours), but with AoCs being available for all *raid content* in PoP, there is no more guilds blocking other guilds in raids, the storms medallions are no more contested than FG or ME shards in Luclin (possibly less so long term), nothing is broke here nothing to fix.
  2. Gorgo New Member

Pretty comical to see people equating absurd amount of time spent in a zone with an absurd amount of players to "work." It would be funny to see the amount of DKP hours you guys gave away in plane of storms. It's a giant bottleneck plain and simple, it encourages giant clusterf****s and overall a terrible environment in that zone. Just because you had players with more than enough free time doesn't mean it's a good system that is in place..it's not. Currently the setup favors the no life players when a simple fix could alleviate a huge bottleneck and headache for the rest of the server..Sorry catering to the 1% and keeping this sytem the way it is doesn't make much sense..except for players who's servers are far past this era who "accomplished" this feat via a giant *fixable* time waste.

Equating 6 hour respawn minis who drop 3 medallions per kill to 15-20 minute respawns (10 mobs total in FG - 5-6 in ME) also doesn't make much sense. Neither of those two camps are even close to as large of a bottle neck as Storms.
  3. sieger Augur

Simple fact--all recent TLPs, guilds who did instancing only took longer to get into VP in Kunark than the average guild took to get into BoT. It's simply not a problem. Were you guys crying about Trakanon not dropping enough teeth to fully key your raid in one instance clear?
  4. sieger Augur

Foaming likes this.
  5. Jimbucktwo New Member

So if I sit in a zone with my 5 friends for 20 hours, and a guild with 200 people sit in the same zone for 20 hours.

Who did more work?
  6. sieger Augur

Yeah let's keep droning on about who did what work in EQ. Simple formula is the guilds that go hardest should finish things first, that's basically how all MMOs work. You guys are asking for something that has worked fine on every recent TLP to be changed simply because you don't like that it's not fully instanced. TLPs have never been presented as a way to enjoy EQ in a fully instanced environment where no other players can impact you in any way, shape, or form. The only promise made with AoCs is you can access raid content that would otherwise be monopolized by 1-2 top guilds. AoCs are not intended to to let you farm group content stuff--in fact they've even fine tuned some of the AoC instances specifically to make it so people aren't able to do group content. The intention is clear, that group content (which is what PoStorm minis are), is intended to be done open world.
  7. Jimbucktwo New Member

I am not asking this for me, my guild finished first on Agnarr and will finish first on Coirnav.

My post is just about even though I know I will get my flags first or close to it the fact remains that its still stupid and can be fixed super easy in the next patch.
  8. sieger Augur

If you were actually in my guild on Agnarr (the one that finished Storms/PoP first), I'm guessing you didn't cry this much while guilded or I'd remember you.
  9. Zealot1340 Lorekeeper

We are now ~7 weeks into Luclin and people are still selling FG shard loot rights. If you don't think people will monopolize these spawns and sell the LR you are either an idiot or one of the people hoping to do so. No reason not to change this. Some casual players are very much willing to put in the "work" to get these, we simply cannot compete with bot armies and big guilds that farm krono and want to block others out of content for the sake of it.
  10. Gorgo New Member

The systems behind those flags were designed for original everquest and now are outdated. There are tons of non-97%-lifetime raiders who would like to not have to deal with the no life folks like you, and your guild. This is a simple fix that does nothing to detract from whatever weird video game gold star you've given yourself for working through this outdated system multiple times; even though it's pretty flawed from a casual player's standpoint. This is a simple fix that would go great with what would seem to be the overall goal of TLP; players getting to experience content again.
  11. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

How did your guild finish first on Agnarr when in this very thread you say you were not in FE. FE killed quarm TWICE before any other guild killed him once. If you can't be honest about this how can we trust your opinion on anything?
    sieger likes this.
  12. sieger Augur

We are now ~7 weeks into Classic and people are still selling Djarn Rings and Efreeti Boots. If you don't think people will monopolize these spawns and sell the items you are either an idiot or one of the people hoping to do so. No reason not to change this. Some casual players are very much willing to put in the "work" to get these, we simply cannot compete with bot armies and big guilds that farm krono and want to block others out of contenet for the sake of it.

#GiveUsGuaranteedGEBsInAOC!
  13. Gorgo New Member

Seems like the Faceless Management squad is out in droves to defend their plane of storms #1 gold star.
  14. sieger Augur

No what we're trying to defend is the proper enjoyment of EQ TLP, a game we love. Forum crybabies try to undermine it at every turn and that's how you end up with nonsense like nerfs designed to hurt my guild that end up hurting the entire server instead (see: VT nerfs on Agnarr.)
  15. Junior00 Elder

Minis in Storms are also much harder in raw difficulty than ME, I doubt there are people specifically sitting on top of the N/Mid/S camps that can spawn named just there to sell loot rights. It's probably just people that got lucky and had an extra drop, or found a named up and killed it on the way to something else.
  16. a_librarian Augur

powerful cringe in here.

OW bottlenecks are garbage design and should all be removed
  17. Gorgo New Member

Hypocritical much? Wants to preserve original legit flagging experience...but also wants old content that can be completely cheesed for free loot? That earlier "Hard work" comment getting thrown right out the window with that defense.

Let's talk about what the before and after of VT nerfs looked like for players. Also, VT nerfs were handed out AFTER 4-5+ guilds were already in and clearing VT lol.

Before:
    Multiple FE players were asked to level 5-6 wizards so that on day one luclin Emperor Ssra could be pulled to zone in and killed. 0 Emp Keys required, 0 Emp Bane weapons required. FE made deals with large box crews in order to have them sit on certain bottleneck shard camps and feed them shards.This of course in trade for rifts from emp so that largebox crew could enjoy the fruits of busted vex thal.
    After rifts and shards have been acquired with no worry or timesink of emp keys or emp bane weapons it's time to move into Vex Thal. Yay 6hour clears right? Wrong, on this version every single mob could be pulled to zone in. So any large box crew could hold down ALL of vex thall with no effort or clear at all (Hello lootrights).

After:
    No 5-6 wizards because everyone has to farm their key as intended..meaning melee have the time to do their bane weapon as well while they farm their shards in the mines. Vex thal now requires players to move further than the zone in. Requires clears or players who can set up coth.

Sorry, all of your comments defending that nerf are as worthless as they are hypocritical.. Luclin with Day1 proper Emp and VT was phenomenal in comparison to what was going to be in place on Agnarr.

Experiencing content in an enjoyable way for the majority of the player base supersedes the no life 1% getting their way to steamroll content as fast as possible.
  18. Jareke Journeyman

If Coirnav players are ~7 weeks into Luclin and haven't figured out Lucid Shards can't be destroyed then anyone who buys looting rights to a shard deserves to be swindled.
    sieger likes this.
  19. Roxas MM Augur

everyone here is overlooking the fact that during ldon you will still be raiding potime. so you have at least 6 months of potime ahead of you. Be glad you're not there int he first week, because you will get bored of it for sure during those 6 months. I think we lost like 25% of our guild during that period.
    sieger likes this.
  20. DeseanJackson Augur

Your way puts those who play more on the same level of progression as a casual player. If you think that’s right, then there’s a larger problem. Even so, my guild wasn’t first and was still basically done with Storms in 72-86 hours. I personally can only play 7p - 12a with work (did not take time off for PoP); if that’s no-life to you for a server launch then, again, the issue seems your lack of availability and desire for it all with minimal play.