Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

QFT
  2. Koldanar Elder

“- I would love to be able to throw money at people selling collectibles but with no filter for ones I actually need I can only stand 10 or 15 minutes of searching before I have to log off or go do something else.”

+1

It would also be great if collectibles that drop appeared a different colour in the advanced loot window if you need / have already collected. Maybe green for need and red for already collected

Kold
    Tatanka, Risiko and svann like this.
  3. Moege Augur

/outputfile missingcollectable <filename>

Please pretty please !

Having houses full of collect items then trying to sort through them manually is driving me nuts. Can already list what is in inventory/housing so if we can get a list of missing ones it is simple to match and see if you need any in housing.
    Tatanka likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No thank you, AB is now stable it doesn't need any merges that may mess it up for us again.
  5. Greensong New Member

1. Raid Marker's (similar to WoW)
    2. In game Parse
    3. Pathing
    4. Lose the invisible walls
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

interior?

Or... your cool with falling off the edge of the zone?
    sieger likes this.
  7. Risiko Augur

You have to admit it would add a new element to the game play having to make sure your bard's run song doesn't cause you to fall off the world lol
    Outlander Engine likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That reminds me of back in the day running through dreadlands and getting out of range of the bard levi song.... lo.....splat!

Those were the days...
  9. Greymantle Augur

Have a look at this. Super helpfull.

https://software.eqresource.com/index.php#
    Metanis and Rorce like this.
  10. Greymantle Augur

Hmm if this is the reason, how about a sub zone attached to the GH that the combat dummys can live in? Instanced like the GH but a small arena and places to work out with the dummys.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I think what we (and definitely I) find annoying is running into an invisible wall when we (I) don't see a reason a visible wall couldn't be there.

For example, in a zone you are climbing a hill and just get stopped from going higher by an invisible wall. Why didn't the artist just make it a sheer vertical rock face at that point? And there are times when you aren't even climbing but are just stopped by an invisible wall to prevent you from falling off the zone edge.

99% of the time we (I) don't see any reason why there isn't just a rock face stopping me rather than a mysterious invisible force field. I mean I could just say "magic" as a reason but it kind of ruins immersion to find the invisible wall there when it appears like there is no visible reason my character shouldn't be able to continue forward.
    Yinla and Tatanka like this.
  12. Brohg Augur

Norrath isn't globally modeled. We play in constrained areas. Envision your heroically inclined adventurer character just going "nah, everything past here too boring" -- until something in the story makes them go "hmm, maybe Loruella *IS* worth seeing"
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My fond old memory from Dreadlands was when I got a new PC, and it had so much less lag than the old rig, I would no longer immediately float down to the ground when running off of a high place with lev.

So, the next time I came out of the tunnel in western DL, headed east, I was enjoying the view of flying like a bird. Just casually floating across DL, at the 10,000 foot view. And then I got distracted by a phone call, and when I came back to the PC, saw that I had finally come down >inside Karnor's Castle<. Not the zone. Inside the dummy building which appeared in DL! There was no roof, so I came down inside the walls, and there was no exit. If I hadn't have been a class with Gate, I would have been stuck in there ;)
    IblisTheMage and Yinla like this.
  14. Moege Augur

Care to explain what this is supposed to be, I don't see anything there about it dumping your missing collection items ?
  15. Aurastrider Augur

Please no this would be horrible. I see Norrath as a world of magic and each zone made up of said magic. The zones have this invisible magical bubble/field that separates it from the next. This magical field keeps us safe from falling into some unknown realm. Placing artificial walls or falling into some unknown realm to our death seems more awkward imo. Considering everything about the game from dragons, to players flying its not a stretch to think of each zone having its own imaginary magical field but maybe that's just me?
  16. Lisard Silly

QoL wish: For Monks to be able to use all their special attacks while on a CARPET MOUNT
  17. Rorce Augur

He's referring to some software that I am developing and our Premium Members are helping beta test called Multi Character Inventory Manager (MCIM). It's a program that allows you to /outputfile inventory and /outputfile realestate across all your characters, and the program parses those files and creates a running list of all your items. This list can be filtered and searched. One of the filters is Collectible. So you could see all the collectible items you have available across all your characters.

It wouldn't assist you in finding out which collectibles you are missing, however.
  18. Greymantle Augur

You also indicated a problem with searching for stuff in your houses. This allows a quick tool to serech the inventory of all your toons and thier houses for possible matches.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It would have to be an "object" and objects use more memory. Our "Terrain" cannot be made im-passible.
    It's all a balancing act. the "jarring" invisible walls are a better solution than an object surrounding the zone.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Ok, I'm confused.

For the climbing hill example, the hill already exists. However, it slopes up gradually the entire time. What I'm saying is at the point there is an invisible wall, have it slope up vertically for maybe 20 feet.

This isn't adding an "object", this is taking the object already there, the hill, and rather than have it gradually slope at this point, have it go vertical for 20 feet.

Or maybe it isn't considered "a hill" but just the ground level. In that case the visible ground level (which is already textured) goes gradually from z -10 to z +100 with an invisible wall at z +75. Just have it go from from z -10 to z +75 gradually, then suddenly go from z+75 to z+100 with an x of zero or 1.

For the other examples, where there is nothing there, I can see your point.

This has never been my highest priority for EQ. I just saw the subject being raised and commented. I know you guys are busy with vital stuff. Just for future zone construction I thought I would see if this could be kept in mind.