Merc Slots and Amnesia Potions not available on marketplace on Phinigel.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Raytheon, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Raytheon Augur

Is this intended or an oversight?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

merc slots seem to be account wide, can log in there and buy them.
  3. Raytheon Augur

yeah, but the amnesia potions aren't. My frog Reiphipa needs a name change.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Mercenary slots are restricted to House of Thule. Mercenary Amnesia is restricted to Veil of Alaris.
    Personal Amnesia is available now.
  5. Kahna Augur

Whaaaaaa? That is just silly. Merc slots are account wide, so you can just go on another server and buy them and use them on Phinny. Zero reason to restrict them from being purchased on Phinny. You just add a mildly annoying 5 minutes to the acquisition of the item. And who cares if someone renames their merc? No reason to restrict that to VoA either. You are denying yourself funds over something that is purely cosmetic. Half of which can be obtained through workarounds.
    Phinny4Life likes this.
  6. MarttinPH Augur

You have to think about it from their perspective. What likely happened is that they "didn't have the staff" to change it correctly, or the assigned person too busy working on something else. There is a scenario were they purposely leave in bugs so they can have something to "fix" in the next patch.

Now that you have pointed out the issue they can do a couple different things. They can change it for the next patch, and have us believe "they are listening to their player base. They could ignore it completely as there is a relitevely easy work around for one of the.
    andross77 likes this.
  7. Indrik New Member

I'm trying to throw money at my computer screen for renaming my merc and apparently you don't want it? It's a purely visual perk and has nothing to do with enhancing game play to give me an edge over anyone else or anything in this particular expansion. Please reconsider adding these to the market.

Let us help you improve Q1 revenue for DBG!
  8. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I would consider making merc amnesia to house of thule.
  9. Raytheon Augur

Pet amnesia potions, which came into the game years after classic, were available on Phinigel day 1. Why would it be any different with merc amnesia? You guys need to change this. Are you allergic to money or something?
  10. Demetri Augur

I can just picture 1 day after they go in Ray renaming his merc to Kazzuk.... poor, poor Kazzuk
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I just spent lots of plat in game buying the same merc over and over until I got one with a cool name. Perhaps this is a plat sink they want?
  12. Raytheon Augur

Damn Demetri, just go and foil my evil plan why don't you?
  13. Qbert Gallifreyan

If you shroud down to level 5 before going through your merc naming process, it won't cost you anything.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'll bring it up in our weekly meeting,
  15. jeskola pheerie

Just don't consume an Amnesia potion before the meeting!
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

heh. It's on a notepad I bring to the meetings :)

Also. This CAN be fixed on the fly. No patch necessary. Not even a hotfix.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  17. Polekn Augur

While you have that notepad nearby, please put a note to discuss UF flagging situation.

Thanks!
  18. jeskola pheerie

No, the Lockjaw/Ragefire transfer/merge situation!
  19. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

No, disabling levitation in Plane of Fire!
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

No, account-to-account character transfers!