GamParse, TBL, and You

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belkar_OotS Augur

Thanks for all of the hard work!

Would you mind making the most current version available with the clause that it's not complete?

I am one of the types that references live dps parses for extra motivation to push when I play. I enjoy that aspect of the game and use it to make decisions and figure out what changes I need to make as I progress. The current version I have doesn't do critical etc anymore and it renders it basically useless for me.

I understand the ongoing nature of the fixes, but I miss gamparse lol.

In a house renovation where we are is like a case of just remodeling the master bedroom and bathroom, but the kitchen and guest bedroom and bathroom are done, I'd sure like to move back in with the understanding I need to stay out during working hours and put up some screens heh.
  2. Benzarden Augur

Did you even try to read any of the previous posts?
    Pirlo likes this.
  3. Belkar_OotS Augur

I have actually. Is there one in particular that says a preliminary version has been made available to the general users?

I see limited access for testers and a desire to be a sole source with various people offering to help with the programming.

I don't understand the purpose of the post since it provides no information.
  4. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Is game parse only messed up when playing TBL, or does it apply to TLP servers too?
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

This was answered about 5 posts prior to you asking this... (Yes, it is. Same code base. Same logs.)
  6. Moege Augur

7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I am aiming to have a test version available after the January patch.

Damage and Healing I *believe* are parsing correctly in all but a few specific situations I'm aware of and I'm working on dealing with those.

What is NOT yet done are adjusting/adding things to use all the new information. Specifically:

* Redo Damage Breakdown to be better/more accurate/display more info.
    * Add Luck/Critical/Twincast info to DoT Breakdown.
    * Create new Heal Breakdowns.
    * Redo Spellcast Breakdown to be better/display more info.
    * Redo Tanking Breakdown to be better/more accurate/display more info.

There are likely to be dozens of other problems that pop up due to the sheer number of changes to the structure of things.

I do have a couple people who are helping me with some other things as well such as redoing the HTML outputs (they're likely to be completely as I haven't looked at them at all yet) and other general improvements.

I haven't done too much the last couple days as I took a little break. I did update the Completed Fight Overlay to have a ranking column and to round damage/dps to the nearest thousand/million when the numbers get large. Additionally I've set some color options: Your name will appear as green, if someone got a killshot their name will be red, and other players who are your class will show as a light blue.

[IMG]

Here my name is red because I got the killshot, and my Wizard Merc shows as blue because she is also a Wizard. (It casts Wizard spells, it's a Wizard Merc, not a "caster" Merc).

[IMG]

Here my name is green because I did NOT get the killshot, and my Merc is red because she did.

I also set the column widths to be saved on the Fight Navigator and Overview Tab so you shouldn't have to resize the columns every time you restart.

Also a few other speed improvements. My test log that opened in 25.7 minutes in 1.6.1.7 now opens in ~15.5 minutes.
  8. Demetri Augur

Sounds awesome, and great to hear there's a projected ETA for at least "mostly working" GamParse to be back now.
  9. Xorsazis Augur

After seeing all the updates, I gotta say....

I'm concerned that I am way more excited about the release of the next GamParse rather than the last expansion.
  10. Belkar_OotS Augur

I know right!

I am so excited to get to use gamparse again in the foreseeable future!

Cheers to Beimeith and everyone else who has helped along the way. Hugely appreciated.
  11. Khazad New Member

Looks beautiful. Hard to believe I'm so eager for patch day now. Thanks! Thanks again.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Well Test just got the patch and should be back up in about an hour unless there is a problem.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

For my Necro homies (and other DoT classes):

[IMG]

Crits / Hits = Crit %
    Luck / Crits = Luck %
    Twincast (TC) / Hits = TC %

I didn't get to the Hit Counts part yet tonight, but I'll probably get to it this morning.

Note that I may not include all those columns in the final, it depends what people consider useful.

This is just a small example of the new info that is now parse-able thanks to the tags.

Now imagine being able to see (mostly) accurate numbers / %'s for things like:

• Flurry
    • Assassinate
    • Deadly Strike
    • Headshot
    • Lucky
    • Critical*
    • Double Bow Shot*
    • Slay Undead*
    • Crippling Blow*
    • Finishing Blow*
    • Rampage*
    • Wild Rampage*
    And more!

(* = Parsed before, but not as accurately as they will now).

Soon(tm)
    code-zero and Khazad like this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Looks great. Have you done any real analysis (or parse features that would enable analysis) of the impact of lucky crits?
    gnomeboss likes this.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

There is really no way of doing that with the parser on live.

The way to tell the impact of Lucky Crits is to take off all effects that cause your hits to be random (meaning your hits are always the same) and then then seeing what happens when you get a normal, non-lucky crit, and then what happens with a lucky crit.

An example (totally made up numbers) would be:

I cast a spell with Base Damage of 1,000. With no random effects it lands for 1,000 every time.

When I crit it lands for 5,000 every time.

When I Lucky Crit it lands for 5,750.

5750 / 5000 = 1.15.

Lucky Crit added 15% damage.

You do the same thing for melee attacks, but the difference being that melee hits are naturally random 1-20 DI so you first need to find out what each DI is normal, critical, and lucky critical and compare those values.

The only way you can do this is on Test with a test dummy after doing an AA reset and taking off any gear that gives a random damage bonus.
    Tucoh likes this.
  16. Zerkini New Member

Berserker's are "Shoot"ing things now. You do it = Shoot, other's see you do it = "Shoots"
  17. Zerkini New Member

As a programmer I'd be willing to help with this project. Though I haven't seen any of the code for it anywhere on a git.
  18. Vizier Augur

Totally ungrateful reply that still needs to be said:

No one cares about backwards compatibility, release the version that works with the new code only you should have done that from the start. In the future you should considering making this project open source, you can still make money off of it, but then people can help you. EQ is just a game but it is bigger than you, and we need a parser.

This upgrade was mishandled.
  19. Xorsazis Augur

Folks who do performance reviews do care. People evaluating applicants do care. Just because its no benefit to you does not mean its not necessary.

If everyone here wants an open source parsing program, then start one. The 5-6 people asking for it could have gotten together and started a new project of their own so it could be whatever they wanted it to be.

He doesn't make anything from this.

I'm fairly certain he could have just thrown his hands up and said, "Screw this, I'm not re-coding this entire parser. They can do without." But he didn't. You should be glad he didn't because then you would have nothing.

He wants to release a fully functioning, bug free, accurate program. How upset does everyone get when things aren't working correctly in EQ? He's actually doing what everyone complains needs done more in EQ and you chastize him for it.

I challenge anyone to make a parsing program that works as well as GamParse has and probably will in the future. Pretty sure no one will do it though.
    Sokki, TheDesthin, Beimeith and 3 others like this.
  20. Angre Augur

This is great news! I have missed the parser's output displays during raids and I am glad it will be coming back! Thank you so much!

I am just curious though, but will Decapitation be added to this list above? I am sure it was probably left out for a reason that I don't yet comprehend.

Great work sir and thanks for your effort!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.