Cooldown issue with Ancient: Starfire of Ro

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by a_librarian, Jan 7, 2019.

1. a_librarian Augur

I recently got this spell on Coirnav and have noticed a bug with it that I haven't seen with any other spell in the game.

The spell casts normally but then seems to trigger a global cooldown that is about double the normal length. After a cast finishes you can look at the spell gems where it shows the recast timer (1.5s) for this spell count down while everything else is grayed out. After the recast count down finishes then it seems like another global cooldown triggers. So you are unable to cast any other spell for 3-4 seconds after successfully casting this once.

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this behavior with Ancient: Starfire of Ro, or if any other classes have seen it on any of their own spells. Is this a feature or a bug?
  2. Davo The Bard

I am glad you mentioned this as it made me go and look ... I have also noticed this with Cleric L59 Ethereal Remedy - after a successful cast the global cooldown seems to be about twice the length of other spells .. really annoying!

The only thing I can see than is common between these two spells, and differs somewhat from other spells is the fizzle time - ER = 3.5 secs, your ancient = 3 secs. Other Cleric heals e.g. Ethereal Light fizzle = 1.5 secs ... and Druid Moonfire = 1.5 secs.

Does the fizzle timer affect the global cooldown even on a successful cast?

A bug? .. or as intended?

Davo
    The Bard
    a_librarian likes this.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

It's intended behavior for both spells, and this is the correct reason why. "fizzletime" on the Raw Spell Data is what we commonly refer to as the spell's inherent global cooldown. One of the major drawbacks of using cleric remedies (the entire line of them, not just level 59) is their extended global cooldown. Same for ancient starfire.
    a_librarian and Davo like this.
  4. a_librarian Augur

Very helpful info, thank you both! I had never taken any notice of the fizzle time field before now but appears it is working as intended. How obnoxious
  5. Junior00 Elder

It's the most efficient DD nuke druids get from Velious to Gates (PoP Ice nuke is really close) so it's not surprising there has to be some kind of downside to it.
  6. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    Learn to use clickies and AA clickies while you are under global cd (Start casting Epic Rezz Stick, Use a rod, etc).