Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

More Char slots!
    Kaenneth likes this.
  2. Risiko Augur

I was pretty shocked when I saw this was a feature being put in. I really love it, and have already used it on one of my characters while grinding a faction.
  3. Cronar Elder

1. Give option to remove headbob in first person and mount bob. These add nothing to the game.
    2. Solo instances for all dungeons. Eq2 does it, it works well, why not bring that here?
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

More flying carpets and carpets that allow you to use Djinn, Effreti illusions :)
    Coagagin and Mintalie like this.
  5. Angahran Augur

More map levels.
  6. Brohg Augur

yeah, bit of artfail that the player jann illusions can't sit, and so can't sit on their carpets.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Players don't sit on their carpets either! So no real reason the jann can't stand on them as well. :)
  8. Bobokin Augur

Persistent Illusions (aa) - This should work on pets. Pet classes shouldn't have to recast and resize pet illusions each time they zone. I actually thought the aa would do this, and I was surprised when it did not.

Nightmare (prize) - the mount model is too small. It looks like a nun riding a donkey when used. It should be closer in size to the Skystrider and horse mount models. The character's legs do not hug the model, and they don't match where the legs are on the saddle. I understand that the model is somewhat smaller so the wings don't go through walls, but the model is too small and doesn't match the sitting character model.

On a side note, shouldn't winged mounts all have at least a levitation ability if not some sort of flight mode? I understand not wanting them to float like the Anizok's Steam Escalator, but it makes sense to have some ability for classes that don't have that ability normally.

Gnomish Lightwave Inhibitor (marketplace) - it barely has an effect. The effect should be stronger and have multiple levels. Some of us want a darker guild hall or housing interior.

This effect also does not stay when the guild hall is not occupied. Could guild halls have a flag for lighting and last portal crystal that was used?
  9. Anglesy Elder

I can't believe I read the whole thing! Some good suggestions here, a lot of requests for more content or power upgrades. My number one is more bank slots or move personal banking to the guild bank style system. I'd happily buy the slots upgrade from the store(even if it was real cash only) so that I could add 8-16-24 etc more top level bank slots. Having to use mules for tradeskill items seems like a design flaw rather than a way of limiting power and it doesn't really push anyone to spend more money, either, since you can put all the mules you want on free accounts. I wouldn't mind moving to a guild bank style system either so long as it held a sufficient amount.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Absolutely not, never. I'd pay money to NOT have that happen.

With the main bank, I can group things how I want, not just alphabetical. I can swap bags with my inventory when I want, and I can mass drop inventory bags into the bank.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Could always go for a new view system where you can view the bank with the same view as the guild bank but also access it in the current method.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Choice is always a great thing. Yes, a way to do it either way would be fine.

One example of why I don't like the GB interface. I have TS bags that I keep on me while I hunt. They fill up, and then I dump some items (the ones I collect a lot of, basic TS mats) in the GB, and the rest (more unusual items, either not used in many recipes, or ones you just wind up with a few of) get dumped in other TS bags in my bank, til those eventually wind up in houses.

For the items I dump in my own bank, I pick up the bag(s) from my inventory, control-click that onto the TS bags in my bank, and in 5-6 seconds, I'm done. All stacks have auto-combined. That's it.

For the items going in the GB, I have to pick up each stack, move it into the GB, and then "deposit" it (moved to the top window). So, if I have 50 items/stacks, I have to do it 50 times. That takes much longer.

And when I move items from my own bank to housing, same thing. I have to deal with every item/stack separately.

What I would really like to see is a button I can click for the GB or housing, where it will take the contents of a bag in my inventory, and auto-combine and deposit the items into the house or GB. There is way too much clicking required in EQ for people who collect/store a lot of items.
  13. enclee Augur

Add all available defiant gear slots to the vendor and to the hot zone daily quest. Defiant gear is too rare of a drop and when it does drop most players will destroy or not loot it.
  14. Derresh Augur

15. Tucoh Augur

They should make it so the jann illusion just carries a rolled up carpet on their back, since they can fly anyway.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Tunics for casters!
    Not the heros forge armour a proper gear graphic, some of the arms legs etc have lovely graphics which sadly get covered by the robe, being able to see the set in all its glory would be great. The robes have become rather boring and very repetative.

If this cannot be done the robe hood graphic needs fixing as it stickouts out of any helm heros forge you maybe wearing. ie priate hat!
    Brohg likes this.
  17. Anglesy Elder

Your solution for the random or rare TS items is part of what I hate about the current system. There is no reason I should have to split up any items between bank/housing/mules. I just want everything to go into my regular bank that I can use the godsend "Find Item" feature for and pull anything I want whenever I'm at a bank. I shouldn't have to zone into the housing area just to grab TS items or log in another character. It's reasonable to assume that physical banking structures in a world where we have portable extraplanar satchels would have the capability to hold an unlimited number of items.
    Risiko likes this.
  18. Anglesy Elder

Also, the number one quality of life improvement for all EQ players would be to merge half the servers into the other half. Populations are dwindling as it is and have significantly dwindled since the last round of mergers. There is little competition for open world zones these days so it's not going to bottleneck anyone, it would however make it so that pick up groups are viable again outside of peak hours and so that guilds could have less trouble putting up regular raid forces.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, that STILL doesn't work, because the GB and personal bank don't hold enough. You still need housing to hold everything.

Find item works for housing, so you can still find the items that way. And even if the items are in houses owned by others, there's still an easy, quick way to find the item, though, being organized helps not needing to "look" for it, to begin with.

The end of your comment makes it sound like you want "infinite" storage, which is really a different thing than what we started talking about (making the personal bank work like the GB). Even the GB only holds 300 items. Which is why I only keep the common TS items there, the ones which wind up making large stacks.

And, if you do housing right, you never have to log in another character just to get an item you need.
  20. Schadenfreude Augur

The bazaar really needs some lovin'. I'm sure some people were very happy with the shiny new faction functionality but I cannot help but be jealous the time wasn't put into making the bazaar experience a bit more pleasurable.

- The 2m currency cap isn't even enough for group level tradeskill components now on FV.
    - I run multiple traders virtually all the time when I'm not actively playing those accounts and due to the lack of bag room I can easily have fives times as many items stuck in banks, houses and stashed on mules which could be in the bazaar if only I had the room for them.
    - I would love to be able to throw money at people selling collectibles but with no filter for ones I actually need I can only stand 10 or 15 minutes of searching before I have to log off or go do something else. On FV at least the recent lag in PoK and the bazaar has been absolutely brutal.
    - It would be nice when I select a minimum of level 100 to search for assorted low-level stuff didn't also pop up.
    Risiko and Axel like this.