What is the best DPS spell rotation 110 necro

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Guzguuz, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Guzguuz New Member

Whats the best spells to have in slot for a 110 necro? Boxing my sons so not very familiar with the necro dot rotation.
  2. Khazad New Member

I won't pretend this is the best, but you won't embarrass yourself with this lineup. If I knew how long mobs in your group were up, this line up could be tailored a bit. The top three spells are your swift dots. They do great damage in about two ticks. Mobs often die in 12 to 20 seconds these days in groups, so a long dot isn't going to be that helpful. Play around with this lineup, there's no magic Necro juju in it if that still exists. Hard to tell as Necrotalk and it's replacement have pretty much died. I don't necro any longer so if someone wants to tear apart this spell lineup while also helping you, great.

Azeron’s Flashblazez

Hoshkar’s Swift Sickness
    Adalora’s Swift Lifedraw
    Dissident Paroxysm
    Pyre of the Shadewarden
    Pyre of Jarobb
    Ignite Memories
    Pyre of Marnek
    Polybiad Venom
    Inevitable End
    Ignite Synapses
    Consume Essence
    Refute for Blood
  3. Raccoo Augur

What is the content? Group/solo/raid?
  4. Khazad New Member

From his earlier post, four man group with an undegeared warrior looking to move from FM to Chardok. Necro, Ranger, Warrior, and some other class. It's the reason I responded, I wanted to give him a basic grouping spell line up that he could experiment with and tweek. I expect you or others with more current Necro exp. can do a better job.
  5. Guzguuz New Member

Thanks guys, I should have elaborated more on the group makeup but Khazad is correct and your help is much appreciated.
  6. sauron3030 Elder

I would drop any magic dots, they are not worth casting in the group game any more, too many resists.
  7. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Here is what I generally use on my necro when grouped with other players. It does well enough given how fast mobs usually die. With a decent group, I'm usually only casting 2-5 and maybe Mourgis. If the group is light on DPS, I can add in more swifts, RSoB, another mob spell, etc.

1. Dissident Paroxysm
    2. Pyre of the Shadewarden
    3. Pyre of Jorobb
    4. Pyre of the Fereth
    5. Call Skeleton Mob
    6. Remote Sphere of Blight
    7. Mourgis' Swift Decay
    8. Adalora's Swift Decon
    9. Adalora's Swift Lifedraw
    10. Shield of Order
    11. Flesh to Venom
    12. Refute for Blood
    13. Consume Essence

I have about 6-7 different spell sets saved. In each one, some spells never change, mostly because the delay to re-mem them is too long to deal with during combat (Dissident, RSoB, the swift DoTs all being good examples). .

For named in RoS or TBL, I usually swap in my Wounds set prior to the start. That swaps out spells 2-5 and replaces them with the 4 Wounds spells. As soon as I cast them, I swap back to the fire set above and get them cast. I then swap in a similar set for poisons (Polybiad, Glistenwing, Bomoda's Pallid) for slots 2-4 and get them up before swapping back to fire.

For swifts, Mourgis is an absolute must in the lineup. When TBL first launched, I found fire was being resisted a lot so I removed Flashblaze out and put Decon in. Not sure that's necessary anymore.

I've also come to appreciate the utility in this lineup as well. For instance, SoO needs to be refreshed often enough in TBL due to the AEs that I just keep it loaded full time now. Ditto with FtV. Refute for the added DPS it gives. The lifetap is there for emergency heals.

For buffs, I have a spell set saved that simply swaps in pet haste in slot 2 and summon warrior pet in slot 3. SoO is already memmed but it allows me to rebuff quickly on the fly without waiting for a bunch of the same spells to reload.

I use to have a separate set saved for soloing, which loaded the 4 wounds spells in slots 2-5 and then Fereth, Burning Shadow and Bomoda's in place of the three swifts in slots 7-9. However, I almost never solo anymore so it rarely gets used.

Hope this helps.
  8. Vinjin Lorekeeper

After some more hunting in TBL, I've made some tweaks to my lineups (in red below) to utilize more longer duration dots to combat the much higher HP counts that mobs have compared to those in ROS and especially EOK. My primary lineup is now as follows:

1. Dissident Paroxysm
    2. Burning Shadow
    3. Smoldering Shadow
    4. Pyre of the Fereth
    5. Call Skeleton Mob
    6. Remote Sphere of Blight
    7. Mourgis' Swift Decay
    8. Pyre of the Shadewarden
    9. Adalora's Swift Lifedraw
    10. Shield of Order
    11. Flesh to Venom
    12. Refute for Blood
    13. Consume Essence

I do have my TBL T3 robe which is why Shadewarden is in there. Swift Sickness is the other one that is boosted from the robe but it shares the same timer as Mourgis' Decay, which I think has a higher damage output on it's own since it's actually two separate DoTs in one. Would be good to test that though.