Tips on leveling foraging?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vedarian, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Vedarian Elder

Any tips on leveling foraging? It's been stuck at 189/200 forever.

For example, when I found out about fighting on a horse, my meditate leveled quickly and now it's maxed.

Any similar tips for a foraging druid?
  2. Mr.Danger New Member

I had target nearest NPC set in my options as button 4, then I put foraging in the hotbutton window as nr.4.

So everytime I clicked to target nearest NPC, my bard would also forage. Maxed out fairly quick.
    Lakeland and code-zero like this.
  3. Venaki Elder

What I always did with foraging is the same with sense heading: binding the hotbutton to movement keys. It works wonderful.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This I have mine bound to forward on my druid, also made forward my auto inventory key.
    Venaki likes this.
  5. Astral64 Augur

Press the forage button.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

as mentioned attach it to a movement key but in a macro form
    /doability #
    /autoinventory

# is where foraging is located on your abilities. Top left 1, top right2, middle left 3, middle right 4, bottom left 5, bottom right 6

I don't use a pause and I bound this macro to all of my movement keys so I was sure to not only forage but inventory the item without fail every time. Did not take long. Also look into the foraging AA's that will allow you to increase your skill and reduce the reuse timer of the ability. This is pretty huge considering more forages will skill it up faster.
  7. Aanuvane Augur

If you buy the AAs that increase your chances to double forage, you need two /autoinventory to clear your cursor.
    Tatanka likes this.
  8. Vedarian Elder

It's not a matter of pushing the button enough. I have literally pushed the button over 100 times - maybe hundreds -- since I hit 189/200. Nada.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

This only holds true if you use a pause. For spam button pushing only one auto autoinventory is needed but good point. In a true pause macro form two are needed.
  10. svann Augur

with luck you may need 4
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, it's like every other skill in EQ. Once you get near the cap, 100 tries per skillup is nothing.
  12. Astral64 Augur

Yes, it is.
  13. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Just buy a G keyboard and link your forage key to it...press whichever G key it's assigned to, then walk away....then again you'll prolly get banned for a piece of equipment that was built for doing exactly this.
  14. Lakeland Lorekeeper

Used to do this with the forward button and sense heading pre compass days.
  15. CrazyLarth Augur

Can you put your free training points into that ability?
  16. Aurastrider Augur

I recall doing this on my druid. It will let you up to what ever skill level the trainer is at. I believe it is 250 but might only be 200.
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

Dumb question, what ability number is forage, better yet how do you figure out what any abilitys number is?
  18. Aurastrider Augur

On your ability window you have 6 boxes for abilities. Top left 1 top right 2 middle left 3 middle right 4 bottom left 5 bottom right 6.

If you mean like alternate abilities ID numbers they don't have them or at least not that I am aware of.
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

They do have them for AA we had a list on our old SK web forum somewhere for them I do believe. Thank you for your tip though!
  20. svann Augur