Storebought Poison Materials - Seeds of Destruction

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tuttles, Jan 2, 2019.

1. tuttles Augur

It was my understanding that Seeds of Destruction was when the Revamped Poison recipes were introduced and Underfoot was when the "shissar bite" poisons were made available on vendors.

Graded Venom ingredients are dropping in SoD Zones which would support this.
    However Items like Emulsifiers, Chronal Infused Poison Vials, Suspension Fluids are missing from Poison Supply Vendors,

My guess is that during the "Phinigel Poison Purge", the vendor supplied materials were incorrectly marked for the Underfoot+ Era.
  2. Random newb Augur

You are correct and even if you had the items you can't do the combine yet. It's also locked, best you can hope for is the quests to be in or consigned bites to drop.
  3. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    I know that, during PoP Launch on Phiny, there was a fuckup with Plane of Knowledge opening and Poison vendors up with all the out of era Poisions and crafting. You hotfixed it and locked the items to Underfoot.
    Then there was a hotfix for Rogue Poison Task in Freeport to be opened for Seeds of Destruction.

Seeds of Destruction unlocked and World Drop rogue poison TS materials started to drop from mobs. But we can't craft any poison because Recipes and Vendor items are still restricted to UF (I guess).

Everyone that remembers when Poison revamp came up thinks it was SoD. Bur Devs locked half of the content to SoD and the other half to UF. But you need UF content to craft poisons.

Any official word if UF is intentional?

I bet that the intention was to restrict Bite of the shisshar vendor sold poisons to UF. That's good, but the crafting mats used along the world drops plants to craft our own poisons should be available during SoD.

If you are not opening poisions along SoD, please, disble world drops and Freeport quests till UF, because having that up is like giving a candy stick to a kid, slapping in the face, taking the candy stick, slaping in the face again, giving a new candy, slapping in the face again and taking back it, and then giving him a popato, and then slaping in the face again while taking the potato and not giving anything back.

Sorry for mny little rage but I was little hyped for rogue poisons :D

TL;DR Poisons vendors need to have the crafting materials unlocked for SoD so we can craft our own poisons.
  4. tuttles Augur

Fairly certain that consigned bites are in, not sure if its from drops or the missions.

Hope they can find the time to make the appropriate adjustments to unlock these recipes and make the vendor materials available. I know a lot of the rogues still playing were looking forward to upgraded poisons being available.
  5. tuttles Augur

if ngreth was looking for a belated christmas present for rogues...;)
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'll research this, but I have no ETA
    tuttles, Dythan and Random newb like this.
  7. Random newb Augur

Thank you for looking into it Ngreth
  8. Ryak Augur

Realistically if this makes it into a patch, it will be right around when UF is coming out, but it's the thought that counts, i guess.
  9. tuttles Augur

Thanks for the reply/status.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I have not made a decision yet, but I wanted to give a quick part of early research.

This is probably why the vendor parts are underfoot. Some internal fields:

ITEMS
    ITEM_DESCRIPTIONITEM_DESCRIPTION_2ITEM_DESCRIPTION_3ITEM_DESCRIPTION_4ITEM_DESCRIPTION_5ITEM_DESCRIPTION_6
    Sku 17 - UND - Underfoot Tradeskills Type: Make Poison I Rogue Damage Vendor
    Sku 17 - UND - Underfoot Tradeskills Type: Make Poison Component II Rogue Damage Vendor
    Sku 17 - UND - Underfoot Tradeskills Type: Make Poison Component III Rogue Damage Vendor

I'm not done researching yet but wanted to show this early find and probable past reasoning.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

And, The nail in the coffin is... the recipes were created AFTER Seeds of Destruction launched and also have the Underfoot in their internal comment fields.
    So it looks like the error is more that the components are dropping early rather than the vendor parts and recipes are locked to Underfoot.

I'll look into removing the "tease" but to me, that is less vital. ALSO, dropping early allows you to gather parts in preparation for underfoot rather than having to wait until underfoot is open to even get parts.
    So while it is a "tease" it also allows you to do some preparation that won't be available once I make the components not drop until Underfoot.
  12. Ramluk New Member

The Vendor stuff was redone after the initial launch, not sure if that is what you are seeing. When the poison revamp came into game originally there was a poison making path to 300 from mats on the new vendor. After awhile maybe underfoot? The vendor stuff was changed to make this no longer possible. But to the best of my recollection the Poison revamp came in SoD I do not think it was part of the launch though. Anyone look through patch notes etc?
  13. Ramluk New Member

Nessirfiti likes this.
  14. Zipe The Healer

Same, I found on allakazam patch history log:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=17548

Patch Notes for April 7, 2009

- Make poison has new recipes and items. You will find the instructions on new vendors.

- A series of Rogue-only quests are now being offered by the Rogue Guilds of Norrath. Seek out the Poison Masters in your starting city for more information.

This is before Underfoot launch!
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  15. Zipe The Healer

More from Patch Notes for May 14, 2009. (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18002)

*** Tradeskills ***

- The first set of changes to poison have been made. Strike of Ssraeshza poisons have a 10 second recast on them. Bite of the Shissar, Strike of the Shissar, Solusek's Burn and E'ci's Lament Poison remove about half the hate they give on each strike. Quellious' Trauma removes about half the hate it did before. Quellious' Trauma, Myrmidon's Sloth, Messenger's Bane, Fighter's Bane, Warlord's Bane, Archer's Bane and Monk's Bane have had their "proc count" increased so they last longer.
    - Messenger's Bane poisons will properly snare their target rather than giving them a speed boost.
    - The recipe for Thundering Blades Rk. II has been disabled. It should not yet be able to be created.

Patch Notes for May 21, 2009 (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18102)
    *** Tradeskills ***

- Increased the drop rate on rogue poison components. The increase is 50% overall, and the drop rate from non-rogue humanoids was increased by 100x.

Patch Notes for June 10, 2009 (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18377)
    *** Tradeskills ***

- Old buff poisons have had their contact ability moved to the same slot as the current new poisons. This is intended to make them no longer stack.
    - Poisons have had a small change to make them slightly harder for NPCs to resist. The PvP resist rate remains the same.
    - Rogue only DPS Poisons have had their hate reduced further.
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  16. Zipe The Healer

Poison revamp was after SoD launch (source: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=17548) but before UF launch, so technically they are SoD era?
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  17. Zipe The Healer

I found this fix, where they lowered the trivial on the poisons made with vendorbought materials. I guess "making them easier to make" means lowering the trivial so it's no longer a skill up path.

Patch Notes for August 12, 2009 (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=19220)

* * * Tradeskills * * *

- Poison component drops have been increased, mostly at the higher levels. At the higher levels it has been doubled, and the NPCs have been given a chance to drop 1 or 2 components. Humanoid rogues will drop 1 to 4.
    - The Messenger Bane poisons have been given an extra tick of duration to make them more reliable. They still will not be perfect if you get a bad run.
    - The Rogue vendor only poisons are now easier to make.
    - The refining steps in the make poison skill are now easier.
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  18. Nessirfiti Augur

This feels really presumptive, so I'm sorry if it comes off this way Ngreth, but I have to ask though. If the poisons were put in during SoD from what I see, would it work to put them in here during say the January patch for Phinny?
  19. Symbius Augur

Ngreth has spoken. You won't see them until March.

He looked at some recipe's and assumed it was correct. His research skills and overall Everquest game knowledge is pretty awful for a developer.
  20. Febb Augur

I'm sure he knows quite a bit more than you do about this game.

There are higher priorities the devs have to worry about than making sure rogues get poisons in era that affect one server. The devs are currently busy fixing bugs for the new expansion for the live servers and making anniversary content for the rest of the servers.