Fix your crappy loot system

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Loviticus, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Loviticus Elder

1000 years later and the adv loot window still crashes the game? Come on DBG.

If you're not going to fix the crashes to desktop, at least make logging back in faster.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I think this would work better in the bug report area and it would probably be more helpful if you provided more information. I have never had a client crash related to advloot. I know some have and still do have issues so obviously there is some formula for causing it to break. The only issue I have ever had with it was months ago the character filter drop down would not display everyone in the group. This issue was brought to the developers attention with actual feedback and it was found to be an issue with characters who had similar names.

Things like zone, character/group makeup, number of mobs killed before giving loot away, settings such as are you doing random all for group or simply having a master looter take everything might be of value. Its entirely possible that some toons are just bugged. If you are in a group have you tried changing the master looter to see if the problem is still present. Information is what they need so they can attempt to replicate the issue and then come up with a fix. Since its not game wide obviously as not everyone experiences this there is something in particular that is causing these crashes. The more data they have the easier it will be to narrow down the source and fix the problem.
    Aanuvane and Sagarmatha like this.
  3. segap Augur

It crashes most often when you have 10s of items. Such as when you're in a trivial zone killing everything in it and you don't have loot preferences for its loot table yet. You click something to set your preference as it is clearing items out, and it crashes. Most likely the reference to the item you clicked no longer exists (a timing issue between the UI and the code handling the loot queue). A dev acknowledged the issue several months ago and said it was difficult to solve. It's surprising to me they can't either use an exception handler or a safer data object. They could even implement a locking mechanism (hopefully better than the band-aid the raid manager uses),

The advanced loot window can be really annoying is such situations. You're getting ready to click preferences for an item as it cleans up 20ish items, and you end up clicking the wrong things as it scrolls. At least if you're lucky, you just click the wrong things rather than have it crash.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

Even mass killing in old zone and by mass killing I mean clearing the entire zone before clearing out my advloot window I have never had a crash. I have had some lag spikes when finally giving the loot to my master looter but have never had it crash. If its based on applying actual filters and this is the known issue it would seem to me as a player when entering new content it might be wise to spend the first hundred kills paying attention to the window filters and making selections as the loot streams in. Once you have been in an unexplored zone/expansion for an hour or two odds are you are going to set filters for over 90% of the items available unless you are killing super slow. Just a suggestion if this is the actual issue.
  5. segap Augur

It's not a problem if you're not setting filters. Only if you're clicking as it does clean up. Some old zones have so many items that can drop, you won't get any where near them all in the first hour even if you kill everything in seconds on each respawn. Going through the list of hundreds of items takes time and things you already set roll while you're doing so.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The Darkened Sea expansion was 1000 years ago? Damn I'm old!
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I just wish if everyone had it set to never that it vanishes!

Been AEing my way throught PoP zones and that certainly clogs up the loot window very fast, and the screen freezes for a few seconds when it does multi rolls! But needs must for hunter!