Please refund for the points Scent of Terris AA

Discussion in 'Casters' started by sauron3030, Oct 24, 2018.

1. ---Xislaben--- Augur

I keep telling devs what to do, but for some reason they don't always follow my instructions! :p

Seriously though, I think it is safe to say that the devs are quite aware of the current situation. Why Dzarn even liked a post in a thread on this very topic just last week.
  2. GoneFission Augur

Another irritating aspect of having the AAs cast a spell instead of just giving the effect is that the AA will now consume a GoM proc. I haven’t seen an AA give one yet, probably because they’re casting such low level spells, but they will certainly eat one.
  3. Forcallen Augur

Gonna post this here for all those not in Beta and since its not Beta related to begin with. But it will be lost soon once beta ends should further discussion/feedback need to go on longer.

4. Niknik Journeyman

Consider that Daybreak fired 70 people this week - I doubt the change was on purpose. More than likely it is just a casualty of the situation. The few people they have left were probably solely focused on the expansion. And you know what happens after that....
  5. Forcallen Augur

This nerf happened back in October before any layoffs. He commented because I made a thread in the TBL beta forums requesting either he or Aristo fix it during beta thinking the sole reason for the change was the precious AA space they have been trying to fix.
    Frogmancer likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

No content developers or programmers or artists affiliated with EverQuest were swept away, seek your conspiracy elsewhere.
    Sancus likes this.
  7. Moege Augur

It was on purpose there is a new 'vision' and it is apparently lets make necro class suck
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

His power is no match for mine.
    Sancus likes this.
  9. Spellfire Augur

Ok then!

Hi there, wizard CRT. Perhaps you can make sure Scent gets corrected immediately.
  10. mordsith Journeyman

So what I am hearing is that daybreak needs to give us a spell like:
    Scent of Terris IX - NEC/254
    Poison (-128)
    1: Increase Poison Counter by 45
    2: Decrease Fire Resist by 145
    3: Decrease Poison Resist by 145
    4: Decrease Disease Resist by 145
    5: Decrease Corruption Resist by 108
    6: Decrease Magic Resist by 145

Since the reason the developer changed it was because he believes that AA's shouldn't be more powerful than spells or something like that. Which <boggle> I have no clue on this line of reasoning as AA's have a large affect on the player and game and were implemented a long time ago PRECISELY to have a large impact on the game.

I remember playing the game before there were AA's. Yes it was simpler (likely to code it as well). Then AA's were introduced. What a time sink! Frankly rather a pain! But that obviously was the intention of AA's - to give players a reason to keep playing after they maxed level and most gear. So given the amount of time players spend on AA's they should have a strong impact to the game and I find the developers premise on the difference between spells and AA's to be erroneous.

So anyway, I am waiting with baited breath for that new spell for necronamcers, any day now I am sure...
  11. ~Mills~ Augur

Hopefully this is addressed in Januarys patch but TBH I would not get my hopes up.

The best fix would to be to just restore everything back to what it was with him lowering the corruption debuff some.

Or just make the AA focus the level 52 spell, which is not the same as the current spell version which only debuffs 2 of our 5 needed lines) back to the power that it was but make it no longer stack with malo or darkened malo. This still leaves a raid without a corruption debuff because malo would block it being superior but allows necromancers to then debuff mobs properly again in a group or solo setting.

Its unacceptable that every other class in game except necromancers are able to debuff mobs for their primary spell lines or that melee, tanks or hybrids have to debuff mobs for necromancers now. Necromancers have been designed to basically always have to use fire, magic, poison, disease, corruption in order to do our primary job so our debuff needs to follow suit.
  12. mordsith Journeyman

Odd, I checked the daybreak community issue tracker and I found this issue:
    Scent of Terris/Thule Necromancer AA reduced in effectiveness

But, no one had voted for it. I went and voted for it, so there is at least 1 necromancer asking for this on the issue tracker.
  13. sauron3030 Elder

Thanks, voted as well.