something wrong with Enter Mearatas?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, Dec 30, 2018.

1. svann Augur

Or are we doing something wrong? I did this in beta and again the first day of release. It seemed to me that we just had to find the right Udex to get the right response. Now this time we are trying to help someone through it and we have tried all of them several times and they never respond correctly. Hail them and they always say "I know nothing about this Flowing Cloud and would tell you nothing if I did". Like 16 times now through 4 sets of respawn.
  2. svann Augur

Ok I was told it is a BUG. If you have this issue you need to pick to an alternate zone. When a pick opened up we picked over and got it on 2nd try. To be clear - the original base zone did not work but the pick zone did.
    Tucoh likes this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I started killing them last night to get them for someone. Worked :)
  4. Nniki Augur

I think it's just RNG. I had to wait for probably an hour on beta once to get the right one. It could probably use some adjusting.
  5. svann Augur

It shouldnt be just luck though. Im pretty sure one of them should be right and the rest wrong. If you talk to all of them and they are all wrong then there is a problem.
    Tucoh and Yinla like this.
  6. Cindane Journeyman

I encountered the identical issue as the OP when I did this last week. I went through easily 3 complete sets of Udex respawns and received that same ("wrong") text every time as OP. Others were linking me the correct text and sure enough, full sets of Udexes never gave out the correct reply (until many, many respawns later.) There definitely is a problem. And yes, I was in the base zone.
  7. Sad Panda Elder

Have done this plenty of times now, I guess you could call it a bug. Most of these issues are just time syncs to substitute for content. If they are bugs then this thing is more than 50% broken. I will say 3-4 of these quests require certain classes or it is a no go.

they could take that 2mil in revenue they just grabbed plus the loss of so many employees maybe they can pay some laid off devs to speed it up.

The trick is when you hail them. Make sure you are doing it at the proper time and when local mobs are in the right areas.
  8. Endaar Augur

Care to elaborate on this comment? I'm stuck at exactly the same spot. Thanks.
  9. Sad Panda Elder

Some of our group did the hails while the were walking the hallway. This also is a workaround for these faction issues people are having.

For those of you with the very nasty Vindicator bug that says you are keyed but cant zone into Esianti. This bug also does not let you open the palace doors. so this quest becomes very hard unless you drag around a door opener. Use a fellowship campfire and a mage, campfire out at note guy and mage inside in case doors need to be opened.
    (I know of 7 toons now with this)
    *note - you can workaround your way in using the old falling through pixels like Dragon Necropolis to do the key turn in. I do not condone the practice.

Also to avoid faction you can use all of these things to advance without the pesky time sync since content is the least it has been in many xpacs.
    All of these tricks have been in game for many years and are not xploits:
    1. Sneak (behind mob depending on class)
    2. FD (still works)
    3. use specific illusions (many have faction mods)
    4. bard faction song
    5. Faction moidifier items
    6. RARELY does invis work - seems the devs have some random on what quest mobs see invis.

hope these will help you enjoy the slighly broken game you pay for.....

Come on DBG you just had a huge layoff and a multi-million dollar cash grab...time to do your part. We even beta test for free, most games make you pay. That is a huge savings alone.
  10. svann Augur

What mobs need to be in what area? Udex? Flames? Petitioner?

We just cleared the flame mobs then hailed the Udex.
  11. Nniki Augur

It's just random as far as I can tell. It doesn't matter how many are up at once. An Udex has a chance to spawn as the one who will update the task. Eventually, they'll path to the back room of the palace and despawn.
  12. Cicelee Augur

Did this last night. Hailed the four NPC in the four towers, nothing. Did my second run around a few minutes later and noticed new NPC names. The seventh one I hailed gave me the update.

BTW being KOS on the faction and not able to mez them makes it fun!
  13. Endaar Augur

There are four spawn spots for the Udex but at least six different NPCs:
    Udex Warrior Master of Bronze
    Udex Ashen Moon Havoc
    Udex Cold Iron Glance
    Udex Screaming Oblivion Dance
    Udex Hidden Ro Silhoutte
    Udex Obsidian Sage Monolith

I spent 45 minutes last night and only saw four different ones. Camped out, logged on this afternoon and had the two others, one of which took the note.

What's strange is last night, I did see them spawn and despawn, but the same ones always came back. I'm not sure what prompts new ones to spawn.

The "wrong" Udex will respond with 'I know nothing about this Flowing Cloud and would tell you nothing if I did.'

The correct Udex will respond with 'What i[t] this?' The Udex pulls open the note. 'If you are trying to influence my judgment, nothing you can offer me will do so.' Flames dance on the Udex's hands and melt the words, whatever they were, from the surface.'
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Try zoning into Esianti fropm Stratos with the write of Esianti on you, it should then recognise you are flagged and delete the writ and stop denying you. :)
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Now this makes sense, they seem to spawn and despawn after a while, we also killed a couple that attacked....but when we were there, there were multipul groups doing the quest so not a lot of other mobs were alive....
  16. Mintalie Augur

Echoing the bugged sentiment, it took about an hour and a half to finally get the correct Udex for me and a guildie. Good times.
    Yinla likes this.