Coirnav overrun by afk scripters

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by immaculate, Dec 30, 2018.

1. immaculate New Member

Within the last 24 hours I have encountered two different raid forces using 100% automated means to kill monsters while being entirely afk. These players are no doubt using the unmentionable executable that must not be named that has features including: warping, automatic buffing, rezzing, healing, mezzing, pulling, etc etc.

We have watched and filmed two different sets of players over the last day exhibiting the same kinds of afk and automated gameplay. I hope everyone who bought Daybreak's lifetime membership (or supports this company in any financial capacity) enjoys a game that is completely overrun by botters who flagrantly break the rules using the same kind of software time and again.

This kind of behavior is easy to detect in real time and with captured video footage. It is becoming increasingly apparent that Daybreak's stance on breaking the rules is that so long as you are paying for 12+ subs a month you can do whatever you'd like.
  2. Vanishin Lorekeeper

Sadly, they could care less. Go look at Sebilis, go look at Umbral Plains over the last weekend, check the bazaar, the same 2 names keep coming up, these people turn this into a job, it isn't going anywhere sadly
  3. snailish Augur

Report it properly through the correct channels with well-executed proof that the EULA and/or specific server rules are actually being broken.

These forums are not those channels.
    Nolrog and Phinny4Life like this.
  4. Nessirfiti Augur

Also, you'll need to hope that your well sourced and evidenced report makes it through the pile of reports from people who see anyone boxing in any form and lose their minds.
    snailish likes this.
  5. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

They really need to introduce a diminishing returns mechanic. Take away the long term reason to automate, and you take away the automated play.
    snailish likes this.
  6. Vanishin Lorekeeper

They won't do anything. It has happened on Ragefire, Phinny, Agnarr, and now Coirnav. And it will happen again on the next server, these china farmers just keep getting more relentless and they have way too many people working for them. It's a serious operation.
  7. Vanishin Lorekeeper

Reporting them does nothing, because they just run 12-24 characters or more and they have multiple people working for them. Their playtime is almost unlimited also.
  8. snailish Augur

Make the 40+ loot that drops in original to Velious that is the root of the farming no trade. This includes Naggy and Vox drops, Lower Guk, Efreeti camp and so on.*

There's money in loot rights of course, but that is much harder to do quietly, and not as efficient.

*plus it creates more incentive to do a freetrade ruleset server that some people want.
  9. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

make the diminishing returns apply to xp too.

Simplistic Model maybe 500 mob kills?

100% zone inertia = 100% xp + full loot drop
    80% zone inertia = 100% xp + 80% chance at full loot drop
    60% zone inertia = 100% xp + 60% chance at full loot drop
    40% zone inertia = 100% xp + 40% chance at full loot drop
    20% zone inertia = 50% xp + 5% chance at full loot drop
    0% zone inertia = 0% xp + 0% chance at full loot drop

zone inertia regained at 25% per 24h period.

So someone could xp/farm/quest for a couple hours or more until it becomes a diminishing return to continue during that session or series of days and is pretty much has to move around to different zones in the game to continue to xp or farm. At this point in the game, something, ANYTHING to keep someone from sitting on lucrative drop mobs or automating play for hours/days/weeks.
    Iyvy likes this.
  10. So Happy Augur

I'ts only going to get worse unless people quit playing on TLPs or quit buying their items. Daybreak is not going to fix it. Why should they with Krono being a money cow?

Complaining here does nothing. People have to decide if playing is worth paying to them and vote with their checkbooks.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

This forum isn't the place for specific allegation.

This forum IS the place for general talk about a large scale problem of "truebox" not really working.

This forum isn't the place for your backseat moderating
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

@Op

Just cancel your Subs and get ready for Vanilla WoW in 6 months.
    Xanadas likes this.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

This didn't happen on Phinny for the first year+
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Automatic play in EQ? :rolleyes:
    People using 3rd party software on a TLP? :rolleyes:
    DBG not enforcing rules on a regular basis? :rolleyes:
    People bypassing truebox? :rolleyes:

Say it ain't so on a TLP....
  15. immaculate New Member

I have petitioned and reported these players through 'the correct channel's' multiple times -- I am posting on this to create a conversation about my experiences on a TLP server.

The issue I am bringing up is not people who are bypassing truebox code (a huge portion of the server). The issue I am bringing up is people completely automating gameplay with a well known executable... something something microquaist.

Policing people using this forbidden software is incredibly easy and does not require a complete reworking of the game, introducing diminishing return models, etc. All you need to do is ban 12-40 accounts at a time when you see someone pulling this crap and the problem will get fixed a lot faster than you imagine.
  16. RandomStrategy Augur

So glad I don't play on that dumpster fire server.
  17. Pheerie New Member

If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.
  18. Suzzy New Member

If Daybreak won't handle this, then it falls to us as a community to help them see the error of their ways. If you are in a zone and you see 24 people at one camp all anonymous, go find them and see what's up. If you see automated gameplay (trust me, it's very obvious) record it and/or use it to your benefit. When we caught them in chardok we set our group up on top of them and just pulled like normal, all their DPS helped kill and the XP was great.

If we make it harder to use these afk scripting tools it will be come less and less worthwhile for them to use them. In the last two days we've found and recorded/devalued 3 afk scripting teams. That's just one small group of us. Let the hunt begin to make a better server. Even if you're too busy to handle it, announce the activity to public channels, we need more heroes on this server!

So far Chardok and Sirens Grotto are both being used. These guys are like roaches and want to hide, so they'll be using out of the way zones/camps. It's pretty fun to look for them and ultimately satisfying when you find and devalue their operation. Have fun, let's make norrath !
  19. Krimzin Augur

Can put that fancy discord server to use that Vicious has, make a channel to track them and send the dogs
  20. Suzzy New Member