Delivery/Strange Magic/Remodeling

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Grau, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Grau Elder

I just finished these three missions tonight. These missions are in need of some work.

First off, these missions need a tuning pass, and need to be tuned down. The Guardian of Doomfire needs a nerf. It has massive single target damage (hits for 70K-ish max and flurries) spawns adds, and has a DoT that basically turns into a DT for most group geared folks (and if it gets cast on your tank you should just plan on a wipe).

The Guardian of Doomfire imp adds don't despawn if you wipe. If you release from your corpse in the zone then the bodies pop to the PoFire graveyard in the instance, and can't be dragged out. Campfires also don't work in the zone. However, being that the adds don't despawn you should probably just drop the instance and start over. Although that means you will need to re-clear see-invis trash.

This makes the mission a huge waste of time.

Strange Magic... lol... the only reason we beat this mission is because we could take 6 hours and wipe 50 times to beat it. The damage output from the golems is harsh, having to deal with both the golems and the adds that spawn when you kill a golem is rather ridiculous. Group geared tanks will get shredded.

https://imgur.com/a/rE5dq4o - This is on a warrior using Culminating Stand (on the fight we won) in almost full 2T TBL group gear on just 1 of the golems. That many max hits? Yeesh.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Sheex and Thrillho like this.
  3. Ismel Augur

Some things that help with the Strange magic, you can invis after each golem dies, and pretarget adds to mez ( use the target ae low resist mez ) and golems can be off root while you kill the adds. The golems are not immune to stun, so bring chanters paladins and anyone else who can stun, this helps a lot!
    That said my 1st win was like yours very messy and lots of DI used.
  4. Tucoh Augur

I haven't looked at any DI histograms in TBL but that one for Strange Magic looks pretty rough. It should be much more U-shaped when recording hits against a well-geared warrior using their abilities. I'd be interested to see how it compares with other named in the expansion. Note that unintuitively it would look more U-shaped if the warrior was using the less powerful Resolute Defense (massive AC boost) instead of Culminating Stand (45% melee mitigation + defensive proc).

Yep. Another good tip on Strange Magic is that if you wipe, have a character with DA zone in first and aggro the mobs while the rest of the team zones in.
  5. Nniki Augur

You could just zone in as a group with invis.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Oh, there must be something I'm missing. When I click the zone-in my invis drops.
  7. Syylke_EMarr Augur

If the Spellbinder golem is active, it creates a zonewide aura that will immediately strip your invis when you zone in. Should be safe to zone in with invis for the others.

The damage chart for my EoK/RoS raid + TBL group geared SK was much more centered around the low end, but there were spikes in the 70k range.
  8. Grau Elder

You can invis back in on everything other than the spellbinder golem, I believe. From what I remember there is a zone-wide AE that goes off ever 20-30s while it is up that knocks you out of invis.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The achievements in all the Fire missions are mostly all busted. Neither mission does kill 10 imps work, one mission gives credit for no slug spawns, neither mission gives credit for not getting hit by trail fire. I've been in a group that killed the 15 invaders in 12 or less minutes and do not receive credit for the under 15 minutes chieve. Please fix this stuff.
  10. LordOmni New Member

For the invaders you tend to get summoned by Fennin Ro with 2 of the invaders still up. If you can manage to snare or AE root all of them prior to getting summoned then you can still kill them after the summoning but before you open the chest.
  11. Ismel Augur

you dont kill 10 imps you need 10 alive at the same time for Firelings achivement but I agree the rest looks bugged to me too.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  12. Duhbeast Augur

My only complaint about Strange Magic is that after the first golem dies, there is a chance it kills your pet?? Almost like it's a zone reset. That and I get that song in my head from Electric Light Orchestra. :eek:
    Kaley_D'vere likes this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Paladins, enchanters, monks, clerics can all stun. Just saying. ALL the golems and adds are stunnable in Strange Magic (and adds are mezzable AND depop when the golem dies, except for the last set).

Did this with paladin, paladin, paladin (alt), monk (alt), enchanter, cleric. The alts being boxed. Was a snoozefest. Nothing was ever close to hard.

Not to say with a bad group makeup it wouldn't be harder, but sometimes you need to make friends with other classes.
  14. Tucoh Augur

xpost

15. bigpapa Augur

@ tucoh you are a awesome player with is_boxer ,,better than maybe 80% + of real single played group.
    so we can't compare you with the base of eq players.if it is very easy for you it is not the case of everyone.

you couldn't do that , that easy without is_B. maybe not even be able to beat it.
    you kill mobs so fast so adds are not even an issue.

but I respect your play style and one of the best * if not the best with is_boxer . that I have seen.
  16. Tucoh Augur

I think this is too generous of a post toward me. All my boxed characters do, for the most part, is put my warrior on auto follow and blindly mash a few buttons.
  17. ~Mills~ Augur

He's not lying. Play one of your toons with a pickup group or even just random guild group. More often than not someone in the chain if not multiples do not play anywhere near the level they should.

Your setups dps and healing exceeds the majority of ever quest. I know lots of raid and healing dps who don't react or perform as fast as your box team, never mind syncing everything up perfectly.
    Kaley_D'vere likes this.
  18. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Not just pets. Whenever I've done this mission, all non-golem NPCs in the zone get despawned: Pets, Auras, and Mercenaries. Before it disappeared, my aura would shout the text that the golem is supposed to say when going active.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Tucoh Augur

I play with guild groups regularly. It's a big guild with a diverse crowd but even the non-raiders in Ring of Valor embarrass my boxed DPS and send me straight to the drawing board at the end of the night.
  20. Riou EQResource

Well to be fair reactions and syncing are generally better for your own boxed team because you have the info yourself of whats happening to every toon at the same time

Like as the tank and healer you know when the tank can use his defensives / when they are fading at the exact second, and get a better idea of damage and such things, 2 different people would have to get a feel for this instead