Do +2 dmg 1 hand weapons outparse the DD augs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Dec 26, 2018.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Anyone ever parsed this? Im curious what the numbers look like on hour+ long parses (assuming minimum resists of course).
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

As far as I have heard from others better acquainted with parses, yes. The dmg increases outparse the DD procs.
  3. Xeris Augur

i too have not done the math, but according to people I know, the dmg augs are better...
  4. Targin Journeyman

I think you have to take class into account, for a monk or rogue absolutely but ranger, beastlord, or bard all (I believe) get triple damage on spell crits through AA, a good proc aug might out preform for one of them especially the bard who lacks some of the offensive skill caps of other melee classes.
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

As far as I've heard even from our parsing bards, the dmg augs beat the DD procs. Across the board the dmg augs are just better.
  6. Boze TLP complaint factory

Only exception I've found to proc augs < dmg is the LDON pet aug. Them tiny skellies do some mad deeps (in mainhand only, and only with the pet AAs). With beastlords and bards it can be kind of a wash early on though, with the low double attack.
  7. Aegir Augur

That was my only thought. But don't main any of those classes it would majorly benefit for scrutiny.
  8. mackal Augur

Generally, I believe it's that dmg aug is more consistent where DD is less so. Some cases DD could win out due to good resist match up, others it will net you 0 DPS, where +dmg will always.
  9. Punchu Augur

raw dmg > procs. Pet proc does work but the proc rate is inconsistent when it's good.

edit: on a side note, would be nice to be able to parse again, Beimeth, why have you forsaken us.
  10. Baldur Augur

The pet proc aug is better than damage augs when bards get Jonthan's in TBS and possibly always for beastlords because of their pet AAs.
  11. Punchu Augur

Not .vs raid targets though.
  12. Baldur Augur

For which one, bard or bl? I just know bard, but our highest parsing BL still uses them in SoF.

I know it does prase better on a test dummy, but you could be right on actual raid mobs because they miss more often and hit for less. They still parse well though.

If you're grouped with a shaman the haste aura hits them, so it can depend. They are still very very good for bards with Jonthans.

And I'm talking the 4 damage aug, so it definitely out damages the 2 damage aug in the OP.
  13. Boze TLP complaint factory

All depends on the target. If it's got an AE Rampage or quick firing AE(s) the pet proc is 100% useless, otherwise the auras on the pets (e.g., Shaman haste, Bard overhaste) make it even better in raids. It consistently outparses Mossy for me in situations where the pets stay alive. In any case we're talking about a difference of ~50dps, so not a big deal. I usually stick with mossy anyway in raids because switching them every other boss is annoying/expensive and SoF has events where swarm pets are no bueno with mechanics or bugs.
  14. Zanarnar Augur

I did parse this years ago on live, and found the strait dmg augs out performed the proc ones by just enough to make it worth using them. Now, lifetap augs can be a little more iffy due to being able to crit the dd and heal; making a 125DD into a 1K-ish heal muddies the equation a bit.

I can't speak for swarm pets, my luck w/ that aug (or really anything useful during ldon) was poop.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Pet aug>damage augs>proc augs for anyone using a 1hander until OoW. The one exception is Monks while they're discing. Pet aug stays better for BST and Bard even past OoW but i couldn't tell you how far past.