Banned Account

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by KaptainKrunch, Dec 20, 2018.

1. KaptainKrunch New Member

So yesterday I redownloaded EQ and today I decided to resubscribe and buy the latest expansion. So I resubbed, downloaded some maps, and bought the latest expansion. After all that I attempt to log into the game, when I get an error box and it says my account is banned. I tried to log in multiple times with no luck. I have submitted a ticket, but I'm clueless as to why my account would be banned. I played for maybe an hour last night and had no issues. Anyone out there able to help me out here? I just want to play the game again. Thank you.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It could be those two purchases so close together on a new account. The membership purchase and the expansion purchase within 24 hours on a new account may have raised a flag. If it is that then they should reverse the ban once you communicate with them.
  3. KaptainKrunch New Member

You could be right, it wasn't a new account tho, it was my old one, but I haven't played the game in quite some time tho. Thank you for the answer.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

5. NeverPayForLag Augur

I had that issue too with payment. Their billing system is sometimes really messy and the support does not really read the posts - I sometimes had the feeling they translate the english with google translator or ignore the written parts and/or are a complete different company who is doing the billing. Never had such a bad support and problem with paying things. The board is full with complains about such incidents.

Since then I avoid debit/credit card and use Paypal which so far works without problems.
  6. Coffee Jitters New Member

You would think that a new or returning player buying a sub and expansion would be quite normal and not raise a red flag.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Opening the ticket was the best thing to do. The support team will get back to you and sort it out as soon as possible.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its a fraud issue to try and prevent scammers from making new or reactivating old accounts and then buying tons of krono or other stuff all at once and then reselling the account. There has been a problem with that in the past. And people who steal accounts sometimes will reactivate them, buy stuff to make it look good and then resell. Even krono will take sometimes 48 hours to go thru on old accounts if its a first time purchase of krono.

Also most credit card companies do the same thing and will raise a flag with unknown purchases within a short time frame. DBG does not want to get dinged by credit card companies. My card that I have been using for years even sent me a conformation email recently when I bought 2 of the sale expansions to make sure I allowed the charges. That was not from DBG but is an example of how it works now on the internet.
  9. KaptainKrunch New Member

I'm trying to be as patient as I can, but I am excited to play the EQ again. What is the average response time when someone fills out a ticket? I would be nice to play EQ over my long Christmas break....
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

While you wait, you could start up a 2nd ftp account and fart around. Explore a new class, or go to Test server and play there. Not a great answer, but will keep ya from hitting refresh every 2 min on your email.
  11. KaptainKrunch New Member

That's if they send me an email, I mean they never sent me one when they banned my account. I have multiple free accounts, it's just not the same playing those, if you know what I mean.
  12. NeverPayForLag Augur

I always need to wait nearly a day when paying with Paypal - but they warn at the website that delay is normal. The usual time frame was about 24h.
  13. KaptainKrunch New Member

My patience on this issue is growing thin. It's been over 24 hours since I submitted my ticket, yet I have gotten no response. My account gets banned for no obvious reason, they take the money I paid for the new expansion and subscription, but I get no email saying why they banned my account and not even response saying they are looking into my ticket. I never would have thought that a company's customer service could be this bad, but I guess that's what I get for having high hopes that this would get resolved before the holiday weekend.
  14. xcitng Augur

It always takes a bit of time to respond to a petition, they take them in the order they arrive. Also, it is a big holiday time so they likely have less people working right now.
  15. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Expect to wait at least a week, these dummy's don't know how CS works. Ever since they got rid of phone support they pretty much gave up on any form of GOOD CS. So yah, in about a week you'll get the 2nd robot response saying you haven't updated your ticket and is now closed, causing you to open a new one....have fun on the roller coaster.
    NeverPayForLag likes this.
  16. AnzoRagespirit Augur

No they just laid off more people, the holiday has nothing to do with it :p
  17. KaptainKrunch New Member

I sent a tweet to @DaybreakHelp, I get a response from them, but I can't get any kind of response on my ticket, not even a robot one. It seems like they have one person working in CS and they spend their time on Twitter. It's very frustrating.
  18. Jetboy Lorekeeper

Might try re-opening the original petition you sent to see if they responded. Been ages but if I recall their is a button/tab or some such to view/add to your ticket and any responses from CS will be located there as well.

Given it's an old account you may not have your current email on the account or set up that email address to receive responses/promo's etc...
  19. Talasu New Member

I'm happy to announce that my account was restored today. Thank you GM's and I apologize for my impatience.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

:D:D:D Yeah DAYBREAK! Yes little Virginia there is a Santa Clugg! And we totally understand your frustration. So glad it worked out like I thought.