DBG market item Progression Completion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by PIERRE STEUBEN, Dec 20, 2018.

1. ptah Augur

Im ok with selling it.. as long as the buyer must show.. I cant progress without money.. similar to a guild tag.
    Filthy casual likes this.
  2. PIERRE STEUBEN Journeyman

Why? Getting upset too many people might actually agree and what, it is going to effect your in game sales of progression runs?
  3. Axel Furry Hats OP

You seem really upset at something that people aren't even doing.
  4. So Happy Augur

Agree with OP. People already buy gear with krono and levels with HCs. I don't see how it is any more pay to win than those features.
    Yimin and NeverPayForLag like this.
  5. PIERRE STEUBEN Journeyman

Ughh I dont know what server you're on, but on FV,Xeg,Bristle,Povar I see continuous spam for selling progression runs.
    Yimin likes this.
  6. PIERRE STEUBEN Journeyman

It's not, There are several people that make $,plat or kronos in game by providing progression runs. So they dont want to see there revenue drop because most people would rather pay the owners of the game vs an in game player for something like that. Most but not all.
    NeverPayForLag likes this.
  7. Herodotus Augur

May I respectfully suggest you make a visit to your dentist.

[IMG]
  8. Maedhros High King

I don't get it, you want to buy achievements for things you did not achieve in a video game. Why even play? How is it elitist to expect people to actually complete the challenges a game poses rather than paying to circumvent them? This is the epitome of entitlement.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  9. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Well said, I for one went back and two boxed CoTF and TDS for these, BST and BRD. Took me like 2 days only playing for a few hours, they're stupid easy now from TBM and higher you still need a real group for a couple of the missions but most of it is still 2 boxable ( haven't tried TBL computer took a crap ) but yah...CoTF and TDS are EASILY done. The hardest part was boxing tower of rot and only cause it took forever lol.
  10. Critts Augur

11. Haldi Elder

I think the OP is reffering to solo players not boxers. It is easy for people who box, but solo and trying to find a group is just not feasable.
  12. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Oh trust me did I NEED the bard...no...did it make it quicker? Oh hell yah, bards make everything quicker. But I didn't NEED him by any means at all. At least for CoTF and TDS. TBM and higher can get hairy, but for those two I'm sure most classes could prolly molo most of it.
  13. segap Augur

None of these are hard. Some just take time to do all the running around. By no means should they be selling achievements. Want them, go do them.

There is a problem though. With each expansion, they keep adding more and more enduring rewards. It started with the heroes AA in cotf. At first, they were just progression achievements. Simple enough. Then with eok, they added Hunters. Artisans introduced an enormous tradeskill time sink as well as some old quest lines that can take time. TBL has added needing collections from several expansions, hunters from several and other go back in time achievements. While these things all give people something to do, they're drastically upping the barrier of entry for returning players and those that might want to switch classes to stay engaged.

It used to be if you returned from a significant break, all you needed to do was level up, get AA and gear as you did so. You could skip entire expansions and never think twice. That alone was enough for many.

Now if you're returning after a few years away, you're looking at needing to completely do all the expansions you missed. None of it is required to raid, but those that go all in, will feel compelled to do so. The evolving items in TBL could very well be on the must list for several years.

Returning players are a part of keeping the game alive. Attrition is going to happen. People's lives change, people get bored, etc. People coming back help refresh the ranks. The more they add to the deficit of stuff people have to backtrack and accomplish, the more people will just decide they're too far behind to get back up to speed. They're more likely to kill the game with their ever increasing substitute of regurgitating old achievements as "content" than they are in releasing tiny expansions with bugs and bad tuning.
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

With this crap point, might as well sell the collection items from cotf thru eok as well in the marketplace!

You can run all the progression tasks and missions in a couple days per expac.

Heaven forbid you interact with other players in a MMORPG... if this is something want, you will find a way, it is not a need!
  15. NeverPayForLag Augur

THIS!

I personally would not buy it. I am working my way through but I have a nice group because I love that as long as it is not only a annoying stress run - so what. But the OP has a point. All the little goodies add up in the end and the most people who are crying here have either no feeling anymore for lower levels or are the ones who earn the money as 3rd party business or wuss their pants in fear to loose their elitist throne.

This game started Pay2Win many years ago.

First 3rd party people offered
    - Powerlevel
    - Twinking
    - complete toons and accounts
    for MONEY.

Meanwhile DGB does exactly that with the market place invented many years ago via micro transactions

- Hero stuff up to 85
    - expensive "collectors edition" items which give even noobs 2k+ HP/AC and easy ports which was in the first years part of the game or earned through progression
    - Mercs which helped a ton (at least in lower levels)
    - the usual potions to avoid failures and get xp
    - more than 1 account -> boxing
    - gear from market place

Sorry... but from an external outside perspective - this is exactly that. Pay2Win. The most are so into their addiction that they cannot clearly recognize that this is meanwhile THE incentive for playing that game for the most people... the milestones and the good feeling after getting them and having some kind of rank.

Not everybody likes to play a new toon up from level 1 and wants more to group with others which is pretty useless in the most cases because the most people are in the RoS/TBL highend game esp. on live servers (except on specific servers, like FV I assume).

To have the prejudice that these people don't want to group (esp. in a level where you mostly don't find somebody to group) is simply pure Egomania...

Addon:
    Progression items are on sale for years. The Saddle of EoK, the Djann Illusion, etc.. everything sold as "Collectors Edition".... :confused:
  16. Maedhros High King

The angle's that you come up with to push your agenda would make Maurits Cornelis Escher blush.
  17. NeverPayForLag Augur

lol.. get a therapist..old conspiracy theorist...;)
    but honestly to sooth you mind - the agenda is simple: I hate lies and I find people who lie to themselves but try to convince others of their opinion a bit disgusting and I am used to take counter measurements...:p
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I moved to Cazic from Luclin 6 months ago. I've not seen anyone selling progression on either server.. Power leveling, yes.. the sellers are QUITE spammy and annoying. but the heros' fortitude, resolution, vitality, no.
    Enough people still do COTF HAs every day that General chat is full of people LFG for them (yes on both servers, my non-raiding husband is still playing on Luclin, and most likely won't be moving.)

If no one paid those people for progression, they would have no market. You (OP) do have the option of saying Hey I'm not selling progression , But I will work on it with anyone who wants help. anyone has that option which would undermine the sellers.

Honestly, my first gut reaction was Oh hell no.

When I came back to the game a month before TDS came out People were telling me daily to hit the Autogrant button which I found distasteful. and as someone who clicked my way to near carpal tunnel for tradeskills, I was ticked about the Make all button.. Til I sat down to make DS pots.. I have come to terms with the Autogrant.. and I enjoy the Make all button.

I can see the reason behind this, and at some point on the horizon, it will likely come to pass.. and I will not like it, until I do.. *shrugs
  19. FawnTemplar Augur

I raid, and I like to think that Im a fairly good raider. I am no where near maxed on those AAs. Just sayin'
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, your sig says 33,177 AAs. Looking at Raidloot, General + Arch + Class + Focus + Tradeskill tabs for a druid add up to 32,990. If that's nowhere near maxxed, then I haven't even started!