Content / Mobs are being tuned down, how about a second look at spells?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pirlo, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Pirlo Augur

We haven't heard or seen Aristo in weeks.

Ngreth mentioned today they will be readjusting the difficulty of the expansion.
    I know some spells are underwhelming and/or didn't follow the standard upgrade that we usually get.

Just off the top of my head
    1) Magician dissident spell is fundamentally flawed.
    2) Bard dicho spell was nerfed into the Stone age, we were hoping for a little boost back with it's dissident upgrade
    3) paladins are saying they don't even get a spell
    4) clerics we're hoping for some type of rain spell to differentiate themselves from the other priests
    5) wizard dissident spell is a lot more Mana for minor gains
    6) Bls dissident spell is too much Mana , not enough upgrade.
    7) I think necros are having resist issues with their spell....

These are just off of what I read on the boards. I'm sure other classes are not happy either...

Prathun/Ngreth/Dzarn do you think you can make a tuning pass on the spells?

There have been great, non overpowering suggestions from the player base, if you need a starting point, we can summarize them again

Thank you for your time
    Pirlo
  2. Pirlo Augur

Clerics are saying that divine reaction is not healing when an AE hits the group.

If broken, that would surely make content harder.......
    devs are thinking "just use the cleric spell that mitigates spell damage for crying out loud!"
    players are thinking "but it doesn't work!!11!!one!"
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

I do find it weird that new rank 1 spells exceed old raid spells, rank 3. That require no progression and have very little restriction. Rank 2 kills them.

Yet for the the very heavily restricted Dichotomics there are basically wasted ranks that help no one. New Dichotomic needs to be rank 5 to exceed old raid rank 6 and new dichotomic needs to be rank 3 to exceed old group rank 4. Seems like such a waste as ranks 1 and 2 are just trash for anyone really.

New Dichotomic Rank 1 should have been better or equal to old dichotomic rank 6.
    Pirlo and Spellfire like this.
  4. Angahran Augur

Wasn't it posted in beta and live that the cleric spell does nothing at all ?
    Slippry likes this.
  5. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Why ask them for anything? Cause in about 6 months they'll be laying off again so....
    Slippry likes this.
  6. Gundolin Augur

Is it confirmed that it isn't working? I was told that it doesn't proc, but hadn't been able to confirm it.

Thanks.
  7. kizant Augur

Those are all too minor to make a big deal about.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

It definitely triggers on certain AE spells, but not on all (I can see the counters decrease). I'm not sure if it actually heals anything though.

It most definitely does not trigger during the lava trial.
    Gundolin likes this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I've been using the new Divine Reaction and the old Shaman Responsive Spirit during TBL and haven't seen it proc once.

If there's an event/mob that it's known to work on I'd love to try it out.

It's like, they made this spell line to fight nasty AEs, but it didn't work, then added a bunch of nasty AEs this expansion.
    Niknik and Pirlo like this.