dark elf /bixie hero's forge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jilarak, Oct 20, 2013.

1. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Maybe there is more DE theme zones in the pipeline and some pieces only drop there. I don't think anyone yet got the DE bp.
  2. Jilarak Elder

i have seen like 2 people in guild lobby with the de robe on..and someone sold the bixie robe once..
    but that was several days ago
  3. Jiggs Elder

Have completed all partisan/merc tasks as well as going back and completed all mission challenges. Also about 1/3 the way done with all Hunter achievements and have yet to see a single piece of the new Heroic Ornaments drop.

The drop rate is stupid rare.
  4. Kaepak New Member

Sorry for necroposting, but I just started playing again and used this post in researching the DE ornaments and want to update some info. Hopefully, this will help someone in the future!

After farming for the past few days, here is what I discovered:

1) Any ornament can drop off of just about any mob. I had casters dropping plate ornaments, and plate npcs dropping cloth and leather. I didn't kill any bats or the big, golem-type mobs, so I do not know if they also can drop ornaments. I focused on killing DEs for efficiency.

2) I generally would clear the king building from the entrance all the way to the west end before the corridor to the prince. Sometimes, I would clear that area four times to get one ornament drop, but usually I'd get 1-2 pieces per clear. One time I got 5 pieces in one clear.

3) I looted 3 cloth robes and 3 plate bps in my farming. I did not loot a single helm. Drops are completely random, so keep farming and eventually you will get the pieces you need.

4) Headshot was very useful as a ranger and hastened my farming. All mobs (except named) are rootable and snareable. I only used my ranger, so a personal haste item is also very useful. I used Dark Cloak of Sky and bound it to my /autofire hotkey. Worked great. There are haste potions that you can buy as well.

5) I had a DE mask from way back, but there is a quest that will give you a DE illusion which makes you non KOS in the zone. That made traveling and farming trivial.

6) I made quite a bit of money in vendor trash and was able to kill many named and fill up my tribute from their loot. There are multiple vendors to whom you can sell your trash if you need plat to run your merc. I ran a merc so I could be sloppy, but you wouldn't really need to as a ranger HSing.

7) Overall, cool zone with the best looking armor in the game, imho.
    Sprooce likes this.
  5. Ecchicon Elder

Well since this is here...

I was recently hired as an ethics officer to oversee the Stone Hive’s operations. I’m not a bixie, and I’d like to best do my best to mitigate the sense of ethnocentrism that comes from my outsider status.

If anyone on Xegony has bixie plate legs or chain bracer, send me a PM. I’ve been looking for these for the better part of the year and likely have 2-3 complete sets of this armor in both plate and chain missing only these two pieces.
    Herodotus likes this.
  6. Prathun Developer

Those are different tables. Removing one wouldn't make the other drop more frequently.
    Nniki likes this.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

Both the bixie and DE ornaments are pretty rare. I have done hunter and progression for both zones plus camped one of the focus augs killing tens of thousands of mobs and only gotten a handful of ornament pieces. I would be interested to know what the actual RNG odds are on these. It's not quite chase loot bad but it's pretty damn rare.
  8. Prathun Developer

We can take a look at the drop rates on these. It's 1% from dark elves in Neriak - Fourth Gate and 1% from bixies in Bixie Warfront.
    So Happy and snailish like this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It’d be cool if there was another way to obtain these. When the expansion was current and lots of bodies there wasn’t too bad. Now it’s pretty rough trying to complete a set.

Maybe put them on the merchant for a fairly hefty cost?
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

These are years over due being added to the cash shop. That hasn't happened since the Shraeshra set in RoF.
    So Happy likes this.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

I understand RNG but 1% seems pretty high from my experience. I have killed into the tens of thousands of mobs in both zones and have obtained less than 10 pieces all of which I have saved waiting to complete a set. I do have horrible luck though so even if there was a 100% drop rate I am almost certain I would find a way to not have any drop :D
  12. Kaepak New Member

It really wasn't that bad. It also is nice to be able to sell them for pp when you get pieces that you don't want. I think drop rate was just fine.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

These were definitely on the Rare side even when everyone was playing in these zones. I managed to collect a DE Plate set, but never got a full chain set. Bixie was even worse since it's all instance zones and wasn't as highly camped. I managed to get the Bixie robe, but I still need several pieces to complete the Plate or Chain set. I would like to see at least the Bixie set drop rate increased as it's a little harder/time consuming to farm. But an increase to both wouldn't hurt imo.
  14. Spellfire Augur

I was doing Neriak HA's with my alts this summer and seen DE ornaments drop, not a lot, but managed to get full sets.
    Brohg likes this.
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

0% from Bixie Warfront mobs when you're level 115-120 though.
  16. Knifen Augur

While looking at that how about putting the GMM raid ornaments on raid trash like luck augs are in new raid zones. Anything to increase chance over 1 random ornament per raid chest.
  17. Sobmre Augur

WTS bixie Robe

Lucin server

whats it worth ?
  18. Stephen51 Augur

Was the drop rate ever revised? As they are old armours any chance you could boost them to say 5%?
  19. KarmaKitty Augur

Just need to get one suit per server and have everyone pass it around.
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

add to Overseer vendor maybe?