Raid instance non-boss mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Raynrace Augur

We have cleared fire twice now after beating the raid event. We havent seen any augs drop at all from the zone mobs.

Has anyone else seen any? Do we need to kill them before we kill the boss to have a better chance?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks... by the way, that is several hundred mobs.
  2. svann Augur

Is it possible someone had a loot lockout?
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No.
  4. Axxius Augur

None for us so far.

I'm curious what they are supposed to drop. The evolving items?
  5. Maedhros High King

Also none on 2 "mostly" clears.
    We did get a Stone of Tranquility though, so augs do drop.
    svann likes this.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

We did get a +1 Luck type 19 on the Smoke raid. I think type 19 augs are the drops.
    Axxius likes this.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The luck is a 22, but yup on the rest. And the drops are rare.
  8. Ssdar Augur

With how rare these augs are and the fact that many guilds don't want to take the time to clear all the trash during raid times, is there any chance you'd be willing to remove the loot lockout so people can go attempt to acquire them during off hours?
  9. Moege Augur

The fight fire mission just had a lockout timer added and you now want your own private zone to try and farm similar items ? This does not sound like a reasonable request

/bad lizzard
  10. Ssdar Augur

no, from my understanding the items themselves don't drop there, just the augs for them. I'd be ok with a separate instance full of trash that drop the augs with lockouts as well. The issue is that with the amount of time required to clear the trash, it doesn't make sense to waste standard raid time on that, making most of the chances at those augs go to waste. If you have a better suggestion on how to make those that want to shoot for these augs have a chance to do so I'm happy to hear it, I just think the current implementation makes it unnecessarily difficult to get them.
    Ambition likes this.
  11. Triconix Augur

Ever raid CoA for augs? Those mobs were on a much shorter lock out timer. Actually, the guild I was in at the time for OOW had a whole separate loot system specifically for COA augs because runs were done continuously throughout the days as lockouts were cleared.
    Ambition and Ssdar like this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

So is it confirmed where the type 18s drop? I haven't seen anyone link it.
  13. Riou EQResource

Rare from (random?specific?) Named mobs
  14. Orbital101 Augur

Was hoping for something similar to anguish aug run. These where fun to run...
    Nniki, Astral64 and Ssdar like this.
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

I have four different (plus a few duplicates) of these augments. They have dropped from named in Empyr and Alishai (sp?). I have nothing to put them in, though :rolleyes:.
    Tucoh likes this.
  16. Astral64 Augur

We cleared the entire zone in the Plane of Fire raid. No augments. Many others have reported doing the same. These augments should not be this rare. The loot lockout creates even more of problem in an already bad situation.

The drop rate should be increased substantially or better yet spawn the fire minis and have each drop an augment. Similar to aug events from the old days. (Anguish, Demiplane, Ashengate, Frostcrypt etc)
    Maedhros and Ssdar like this.
  17. Moege Augur

Sure the suggestion is have the raid clear the trash, if the raid does not want to do the work the raiders doesn't deserve the aug. Simple as that.
    Parkers likes this.
  18. Ssdar Augur

Your guild really plans on clearing all the trash in every raid zone? Can you honestly say you enjoy giant trash clears in your raids? I'm willing to put in more time than most on these things (just look at my achievement ranking on magelo) but I can't say the same for everyone in my guild and I'm sure the same is true for yours. I'm just trying to find a way for those who are willing to put in the time to reap the rewards. So please put the condescending attitude aside and if you have nothing constructive to say on this topic just don't continue to post.
    Slippry and Ambition like this.
  19. Moege Augur

Could have left out this part, nowhere was I condescending. Just because you don't like an opposing opinion does not give you the right to get personal.

Fact is these augs are meant to be rare, it was put in a raid instance to force raiders to do more work. Live with it.
  20. Ssdar Augur

I'm done debating this topic. I've made my point, you've made yours, I'll agree to disagree.
    Slippry and Ambition like this.