Live Update Bugs 12/18/2018

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Dec 18, 2018.

1. EQ Dev Developer

Please post about any new bugs found in the update. This thread is not for discussions about anything other than bugs and how we can reproduce (and therefore fix) them.
  2. Eaiana Augur

EQ client will crash by right clicking and holding on a Folded Silkfang Pack (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=53290) in my bank. The UI displays the box to examine the item, then exits. It has happened twice.

I am using a custom UI if that matters. I'll try the default UI now.

ETA: Same crash happens on the default UI
  3. Poyzen Frawg Augur

1. Collectables seem to be spawning in un-reachable locations in Stratos.
    2. The Jann Illusion mask buff is not procing ..or... its being blocked by a different spell. Skull of Null maybe? Its the same Icon.
    3. Staff of Viral Flux no longer does anything when clicked.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

In the Advanced Loot window, clicking Link All just gives you ......
  5. Prathun Developer

Have location(s) for the unreachable collectibles?
    Jann's Light seems to proc OK. Note that there's no spell landed text for this spell.
    Staff of Viral Flux appears to work OK on Live.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

[IMG]

Despite having the setting Damage Over Time to Mine Only for years, since The Burning Lands I'm now getting:

[Tue Dec 18 20:22:09 2018] A Kar`Zok reaper has taken 22365 damage from Pernicious Wounds Rk. III by Ingersolla. (Critical)
    [Tue Dec 18 20:22:09 2018] A Kar`Zok reaper has taken 19004 damage from Necrotizing Wounds Rk. II by Histrion. (Critical)
    [Tue Dec 18 20:22:09 2018] A Kar`Zok reaper has taken 12707 damage from Ignite Memories Rk. III by Ingersolla.
    [Tue Dec 18 20:22:09 2018] A Kar`Zok reaper has taken 10000 damage from Cascade of Decay Rot XI by Ingersolla.
    [Tue Dec 18 20:22:09 2018] A Kar`Zok reaper has taken 41063 damage from Cytotoxic Wounds Rk. III by Histrion. (Critical)
    [Tue Dec 18 20:22:09 2018] A Kar`Zok reaper has taken 30057 damage from Mortiferous Wounds Rk. III by Histrion. (Critical)

Changing it to Hide also does not hide this.
    Volgare, Yinla, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  7. Poyzen Frawg Augur

For the collects … I found several then after a few hours … no more spawned … waited for several hours. I can only assumed they are stuck someplace.

EDIT: Jann's Light Icon ok .. I figured it out. I am a Victim of a run on sentence. :( The only thing Jann's light does, is proc a 1KDD. All the rest of the Mask buffs are permanent and not associated with the proc.

How do I get a dysfunctional Staff replaced LOL?
    Prathun likes this.
  8. Axxius Augur

Trial of the Speaker's Amphitheater: the Rumbling Rock Spirit is targetable and killable. This was reported on beta, apparently never fixed.
  9. Rondor Augur

I will second this, and add that clicking on the unfolded variety "Silkfang Pack" ( http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=88111 ) does the same thing on my client with default UI.

So at least both of those items cause the instant client crash - you see the item description window for about 0.25 to 0.5 seconds then the client just poofs completely.

On the other hand, alt-left-click inspecting "Silkfang Pack Instructions" ( http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=88116 ) works fine without any crash.
    Eaiana likes this.
  10. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

In the mission "contract of war" if a person accidentally dont loot the first item ,but kills the mephits , it will spawn chest with loot , even without looting that quest drop piece , and then break the mission giving no lockout. so this can be repeated like the Cactiiki mission where people were accused of Exploits . just to inform you that this mission is broke !

Thanks ,
    Kurage
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. Randragon Augur

The buff from Jann's Veil; Illusion Greater Jann is overwriting the Twitching Speed haste from the Lizardscale Plated Girdle.
    Is this intended? Because now I can't self haste using Girdle.
  12. Riou EQResource

Yes, Jann has same 50% haste in same slot
    Koryu likes this.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Bigger fish to fry and all that but Jann's Light is a spell not a proc, reads as "Spell: Jann's Light". Can that be changed to a proc, please?
  14. Moege Augur

Collection achievement
    Palace Aides (Esianti: Palace of the Winds)
    Flowing Blue Ribbon (collection item)

Does not look as if this is spawning. 6 hours so far a multitude of the other items and none in bazzar, does not show up in /buyer so nobody has even seen one. General query did not produce a singel person who has this completed.
    Ssdar, adetia and Thunderkiks like this.
  15. Thunderkiks Augur

Same on Povar, my fiance has looked for this piece multiple days and a few server resets now. Was waiting to see if anyone else posted it missing before I reported it on bug thread.

So yeah, think its MIA
    Ssdar likes this.
  16. Qbert Gallifreyan

I am not sure if it qualifies as a bug, but:

There is only one non-TBL tradeskill item dropping in TBL: Scale Ore.

I suspect it is not intended to drop, but /shrug.
  17. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Filthy casual, Ssdar, Moege and 2 others like this.
  18. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Stratos raid event , the different Mini boss's DPS seems to be much higher with any attempts after the first in the same expedition. So to get a normal boss without the time increased difficulty, we have had to drop the expedition and get a new one. It seems like fail mechanics are in place on subsequent attempts on the same expedition.
    Kurage
  19. Piemastaj Augur

Smoke had a 'beef-up' mechanic on wipes also. I think that is intended tbh.
  20. Zunnoab Augur

Crypt Robbers raid:
    We ended up in an unwinnable state after stating all three correct parts of the accusation.

This was on my cleric Zunnar (CST):
    12/19/18 07:49:49 PMYou say, 'Hail, Deutocia'
    12/19/18 07:49:50 PMDeutocia is visibly nervous, 'You are [accusing me:Yes, I think you stole the artifact.]? I wouldn't do it! I have no [motive:Let's discuss the possible motives.]. And besides, [what would I have taken:Let's talk about what you might have taken.] that would anger Drusella so?'
    12/19/18 07:49:55 PMYou say, 'riches'
    12/19/18 07:49:56 PMDeutocia says, 'Yes... that is correct. But how did you know?'
    12/19/18 07:49:58 PMYou say, 'skull'
    12/19/18 07:49:58 PMDeutocia says, 'Yes, yes... that was the artifact that was stolen. You figured it out.'
    12/19/18 07:50:06 PMYou say, 'Hail, Deutocia'
    12/19/18 07:50:06 PMDeutocia is visibly nervous, 'You are [accusing me:Yes, I think you stole the artifact.]? I wouldn't do it! I have no [motive:Let's discuss the possible motives.]. And besides, [what would I have taken:Let's talk about what you might have taken.] that would anger Drusella so?'
    12/19/18 07:50:09 PMYou say, 'Yes, I think you stole the artifact.'
    12/19/18 07:50:10 PMDeutocia says, 'Fine, it was me! But I did what I had to do!'
    12/19/18 07:50:16 PMYou say, 'Let's discuss the possible motives.'
    12/19/18 07:50:19 PMYou say, 'Promise of Riches'
    12/19/18 07:50:19 PMDeutocia squints. You already correctly made this accusation.
    12/19/18 07:50:31 PMYou say, 'Hail, Deutocia'
    12/19/18 07:50:31 PMDeutocia is visibly nervous, 'You are [accusing me:Yes, I think you stole the artifact.]? I wouldn't do it! I have no [motive:Let's discuss the possible motives.]. And besides, [what would I have taken:Let's talk about what you might have taken.] that would anger Drusella so?'
    12/19/18 07:50:33 PMYou say, 'Let's talk about what you might have taken.'
    12/19/18 07:50:37 PMYou say, 'Skull'
    12/19/18 07:50:37 PMDeutocia squints. You already correctly made this accusation.
    12/19/18 07:50:43 PMYou say, 'Hail, Deutocia'
    12/19/18 07:50:43 PMDeutocia is visibly nervous, 'You are [accusing me:Yes, I think you stole the artifact.]? I wouldn't do it! I have no [motive:Let's discuss the possible motives.]. And besides, [what would I have taken:Let's talk about what you might have taken.] that would anger Drusella so?'
    12/19/18 07:50:44 PMYou say, 'Yes, I think you stole the artifact.'
    12/19/18 07:50:45 PMDeutocia squints. You already correctly made this accusation.

I've never run into it before. If the order of accusations causes the bug, I certainly never ran into it in the past.

That really wouldn't make sense to make an event more punishing after a loss. It's definitely worth reporting.